Montgomery 6-0 (3-0) @ #2 Brenham 6-0 (3-0)...Predictions

[quote name="biaplayer" post="873434" timestamp="1286929834"]
hold on aggie saying you can stop a dual threat qb because you stopped crosbys qb really aint saying much, heck png crushed crosby two years in a row and this years defense is absolutely horrible at best, got to give thumbs up to brenham their defense this year is nothing short of awesome to say the least, i think brenham will win by a score of 24 - 17 i think that is being generous at best.
[/quote]

If you want to compare defenses, lets look at a common opponent, waller. Brenham's defense allowed 194 rushing yards and 10 points. Montgomery's defense allowed only 72 rushing yards and 7 points. Now to call the defense "absolutely horrible at best", is quite laffable and ill-founded. Stats don't lie. Montgomery's defense is right below Brenham's in quality, while Montgomery's offense is right above theirs. Brenham can't grind out a win over Montgomery because of the Bears' ability to run and stop the run.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reason we didnt stop Waller's QB because we didnt expect the wishbone we stop everything else cause thats what we saw on the tapes. Leroy was back last game and against waller he ran for 138 yards on 17 carries and 2 TDs yall only scored 14 points. Troy green ran for 151 yards on 19 carries and 1 TD with 34 points. These stats both came from the waller defense. So if you want to talk on how are defenses did against the same team how  but running and im sure we did better on passing too so who wins these one??
??? ??? ;D ;D ;) ;)

[quote name="texasaggie" post="873485" timestamp="1286932685"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=74216.msg873434#msg873434 date=1286929834]
hold on aggie saying you can stop a dual threat qb because you stopped crosbys qb really aint saying much, heck png crushed crosby two years in a row and this years defense is absolutely horrible at best, got to give thumbs up to brenham their defense this year is nothing short of awesome to say the least, i think brenham will win by a score of 24 - 17 i think that is being generous at best.
[/quote]

If you want to compare defenses, lets look at a common opponent, waller. Brenham's defense allowed 194 rushing yards and 10 points. Montgomery's defense allowed only 72 rushing yards and 7 points. [b]Now to call the defense "absolutely horrible at best", is quite laffable and ill-founded.[/b] Stats don't lie. Montgomery's defense is right below Brenham's in quality, while Montgomery's offense is right above theirs. Brenham can't grind out a win over Montgomery because of the Bears' ability to run and stop the run.
[/quote]

I think biaplayer was talking about PNG's Defense being horrible at best....

[quote name="texasaggie" post="873485" timestamp="1286932685"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=74216.msg873434#msg873434 date=1286929834]
[/quote]

If you want to compare defenses, lets look at a common opponent, waller. Brenham's defense allowed 194 rushing yards and 10 points. Montgomery's defense allowed only 72 rushing yards and 7 points. Now to call the defense "absolutely horrible at best", is quite laffable and ill-founded. Stats don't lie. Montgomery's defense is right below Brenham's in quality, while Montgomery's offense is right above theirs. Brenham can't grind out a win over Montgomery because of the Bears' ability to run and stop the run.
[/quote]

All in all, Brenham gives up 3.6 ppg 97 ypg.  Montgomery gives up alot more.  We pass better, but they run better.  This is the game that you can't miss.  We shut Waller down by the way, other than the 2nd quarter.  I just think Brenham has a slight edge.  I say Brenham kicks a late FG to make the final 24-14 Brenham.

Brenhamfan if Montgomery gives up more defensively then explain then how Waller put 229 tot.yds on the Cubs then the next week Waller has 110 tot.yds vs.Montgomery?Just sayin you're stretching the truth somewhat,yes the Cubs have been stingy on defense but against what schedule?Only 1 real good team Hou/Lamar the others mediocre at best.This game will tell the real story.I picked the Cubs @ their house in a close game,less than a td.

[quote name="liltex" post="873986" timestamp="1286995053"]
Brenhamfan if Montgomery gives up more defensively then explain then how Waller put 229 tot.yds on the Cubs then the next week Waller has 110 tot.yds vs.Montgomery?Just sayin you're stretching the truth somewhat,yes the Cubs have been stingy on defense but against what schedule?Only 1 real good team Hou/Lamar the others mediocre at best.This game will tell the real story.I picked the Cubs @ their house in a close game,less than a td.
[/quote]

Not a very intelligent statement here.  Montgomery's opponents have a combined win loss record of 15-21.  The Bears have actually not beaten a team with a winning record all season.  Crosby is at 500, Spring is 2-4, Jones is 2-4, Stratford is 500, Mag West is 500 and Waller is 2-4.  Now yes, Brenham's combined opponent record is almost the same, but the difference is:  1.  We beat a strong winning program, Houston Lamar, a 5a school that is 5-1 and 2. Against these teams we have allowed 3.6 points a game.  Montgomery, against lesser competition, has allowed 4 times that much. Also we can look at common opponents.  There are two, Waller and Magnolia West.  Montgomery beat these teams with a combined score of 52-14.  Brenham beat those same teams 1st, by a score of 89-10.  No comparison.

[quote name="liltex" post="873986" timestamp="1286995053"]
[/quote]

Houston Lamar is alot better than anybody Montgomery has played. (we gave up under 150yds to them) Lamar is alot better than Spring.  Lamar Consolidated, is about even with Crosby.  Huntsville is alot better than Jones.

Brenham S.O.S- 262
Montgomery S.O.S- 279

Harder S.O.S & better defensive #'s...

[quote name="liltex" post="874096" timestamp="1287004108"]
I got ya winning?How could I bet against the majical green shoes  ;D
[/quote]

I sure hope so!  I'll have them on at the game and again at the PNG vs Ozen game.  I think it stays close till the last 2 mins or so, when Brenham will add a FG. 24-14  ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="872245" timestamp="1286817457"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74216.msg872191#msg872191 date=1286814786]
Bears 21-7 Defense comes up big, one score is on a long touchdown pass because the Bears keep 8-9 in the box all night.
[/quote]

:o :D We won't be under 7.

[/quote]

OOPS i meant Cubs. =P not bears gosh darn yalls mascots in that district. I picked Brenham to win a state championship lol im not gonna pickem to lose a district game. =P

okay, to everyone who has said that Montgomery's defense has averaged a lot more ppg than Brenham's 3.6: You are totally correct. But, i have to ask you: how many games has Brenham had their second string in??? Montgomery has put their second/and or third string in five out of the six games we've played. Unless Brenham can say that they've done that also, then that stat is non-comparable!  ;)

[quote name="montgomery45" post="874913" timestamp="1287105144"]
okay, to everyone who has said that Montgomery's defense has averaged a lot more ppg than Brenham's 3.6: You are totally correct. But, i have to ask you: how many games has Brenham had their second string in??? Montgomery has put their second/and or third string in five out of the six games we've played. Unless Brenham can say that they've done that also, then that stat is non-comparable!  ;)
[/quote]

Putting ur second string in in the 4th quarter with 4 mins left isn't putting your second string in fyi.

[quote name="montgomery45" post="874922" timestamp="1287105770"]
hahah well if we did that then that would apply, but three out of those five they went in before the fourth quarter and houston jones the second and third stringers pretty much played the whole game
[/quote]

1 its Houston Jones

and it was fourth before second string came in against Crosby... so i hope thats one of the two. =P

Not to mention Dobbins was in late in the fourth for about 6-7 plays, looked like yall were working on things.

[quote name="BrenhamCubs" post="875009" timestamp="1287110415"]
first of all it doesnt matter how many games your second or third string has been in. Look at are non-district schedule and then look at yalls. We played Lamar, Lamar Consol. Yall played Jones and Crosby and they put up 30 on yall. We'll see how it goes down on the new carpet tomorrow.
[/quote]

Already...  Our 2nd string has played alot.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="875135" timestamp="1287122572"]
[quote author=BrenhamCubs link=topic=74216.msg875009#msg875009 date=1287110415]
first of all it doesnt matter how many games your second or third string has been in. Look at are non-district schedule and then look at yalls. We played Lamar, Lamar Consol. Yall played Jones and Crosby and they put up 30 on yall. We'll see how it goes down on the new carpet tomorrow.
[/quote]

[/quote]does anyone know where i can find the houston area rankings?

[quote name="montgomery45" post="874913" timestamp="1287105144"]
[/quote]

I'd say it's pretty easy to put in your second stringers when you haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season.  And I'm fairly certain Brenham has probably played their backups just as much, if not more than Montgomery.  I know last week for instance, no starters played the entire second half (except for the opening kickoff).  The bottom line is that you guys are averaging about 4 times as many points per game against lesser competition.  Don't worry, tonight you'll get to see what we mean.

[/quote]does anyone know where i can find the houston area rankings?
[/quote]

ABC 13 has the top 5 in the Houston area as:

Brenham 7-0
Friendswood 7-0
Angleton 5-2
Manvel 5-1
Dayton 3-3

However, they are clearly leaving out some quality teams, such as El Campo, Montgomery and LaMarque just off the top of my head.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder