Lamar fans need higher expectations

I think we all expect the Cards to win....Still with that being said, its gonna take a little time..
We just may need to change some of our philosphies as coaches, players, and fans...The staff needs to figure out a way to put these guys in position to win, players need to perform on each and every play, and the fans need to support the program....

Go Cards..

[quote name="HardHitter" post="867334" timestamp="1286399896"]
I think we all expect the Cards to win....Still with that being said, its gonna take a little time..
We just may need to change some of our philosphies as coaches, players, and fans...The staff needs to figure out a way to put these guys in position to win, players need to perform on each and every play, and the fans need to support the program....

Go Cards..
[/quote]

that is a pointless article..dabe get paid or is he in a high school journalism class?

[quote name="puddin tane" post="867347" timestamp="1286401275"]
[quote author=HardHitter link=topic=74052.msg867334#msg867334 date=1286399896]

Go Cards..
[/quote]

that is a pointless article..dabe get paid or is he in a high school journalism class?
[/quote]

Well, I certainly hope the coach expects to win.  Hopefully he will start coaching better.  I have some suggestions:  1) blitz if the front 4 can't get pressure, move 2) 33 and 55 to linebacker and find some bigger defensive ends to replace them; 3) learn a play other than a bomb 4)find a punter that can punt further than 20 yards 5)find a new special teams coach that knows how to make adjustments 6) Learn to run the ball a little, or throw screen passes, or slants  7) If you aren't going to use Chavis on offense, move him to defensive end in place of that 215 pounder 8) put 23 on offense 9) find some secondary folks that can cover  10)get more players that will hit like Coleman and Garrett  11) If you aren't going to blitz, teach the linebackers how to drop back and cover the middle of the field better 12) I'll think of some more later....

[quote name="westendfirst" post="868161" timestamp="1286493727"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74052.msg867347#msg867347 date=1286401275]

Go Cards..
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I certainly hope the coach expects to win.  Hopefully he will start coaching better.  I have some suggestions:  1) blitz if the front 4 can't get pressure, move 2) 33 and 55 to linebacker and find some bigger defensive ends to replace them; 3) learn a play other than a bomb 4)find a punter that can punt further than 20 yards 5)find a new special teams coach that knows how to make adjustments 6) Learn to run the ball a little, or throw screen passes, or slants  7) If you aren't going to use Chavis on offense, move him to defensive end in place of that 215 pounder 8) put 23 on offense 9) find some secondary folks that can cover  10)get more players that will hit like Coleman and Garrett  11) If you aren't going to blitz, teach the linebackers how to drop back and cover the middle of the field better 12) I'll think of some more later....
[/quote]

I think Ray is pleased with his special teams...in that interview

[quote name="puddin tane" post="868260" timestamp="1286499547"]
[quote author=westendfirst link=topic=74052.msg868161#msg868161 date=1286493727]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74052.msg867347#msg867347 date=1286401275]

Go Cards..
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Ray is pleased with his special teams...in that interview
[/quote]

The very first thing they have to do is get rid of that prima donna QB Bevil. If you watch him play, the first thing you'll see is horrible play, followed by limping after an int, then throwing his hands up like it's all everyone elses fault he just threw into quadruple coverage off his back foot. The kid is bad, and if that's the best they have then card fans need to get ready for a long couple of seasons to come. and for those who don't like what i've said, look at what he's said about breaking records, and that he can't wait to break some more, that's all great, but he needs to be focused on winning, that's all, the records will come.

Andre Bevil does make some questionable throws and does turn the ball over too much. His leadership skills may need to improve (although the team choose him as a captain). But he is by far the best QB on our roster and he is breaking records. Sorry but no one else is close to being as talented or as experienced on the Lamar team than Andre Bevil. Plus the coaching staff has stated he is injured with a high ankle sprain.

Lamar’s 300-Yard Club
Name Opponent Yds.
[b]Andre Bevil[/b] McNeese St., 2010 429
[b]Andre Bevil [/b]SE Louisiana, 2010 417
Shad Smith La.-Monroe, 1987 412
John Evans UT-El Paso, 1989 407
Larry Haynes UTA, 1979 403
John Evans Angelo St., 1989 393
Fred Hessen UTA, 1981 367
John Evans McNeese St., 1989 353
John Evans McNeese St., 1987 341
Ray Campbell Houston, 1983 326
[b]Andre Bevil[/b] Sam Houston, 2010 310
Tommy Tomlin La. Tech, 1969 308
Shad Smith Texas State, 1988 304

He has only played 4 and 1/2 games and still putting up these numbers when hurt. Are you sure you aren't related or have some type of relationship with someone else at the QB position at Lamar because it is obvious Andre Bevil is the best QB on the roster currently. Does he need to get better. Yes, a lot better!

Sorry to say this , but as soon as the new wears off the Lamar buzz, the people in Beaumont will stop going to watch lossing games. Just look at the history of different sports to try in Beaumont. They have had good baseball, basketball, hocky teams to try to play there, and as soon as the new wears off, there wont be 500 people at the games. Its proven people in Beaumont dont support anything execpt highscholl football.

Why do people think it is only Beaumont that wont support a losing team? I am willing to bet there are a lot of other university's in the United States that have support problems when their team is losing. I have read on other teams boards in the SLC that their attendance is higher when they are winning an when they are not it's low.

[quote name="True Blue" post="870362" timestamp="1286636941"]
Sorry to say this , but as soon as the new wears off the Lamar buzz, the people in Beaumont will stop going to watch lossing games. Just look at the history of different sports to try in Beaumont. They have had good baseball, basketball, hocky teams to try to play there, and as soon as the new wears off, there wont be 500 people at the games. Its proven people in Beaumont dont support anything execpt highscholl football.
[/quote]

Sorry Beaumont is not a hockey town and there are very few hockey fan's in the area. The indoor football team had how many different owners and head coaches? It was a little surprising the Golden Gators didn't make it here as they were very competitive and fun to watch. However, in the summer there are so many different options for family activities. The beach, the lakes, there are water sports, summer vacations for many and several different options with sports on TV. All those aren't the case with a fall sport like football. The indoor football team played their games in the spring.

Will it be important for Lamar to have a competitive football team in a few years? Yes, of course they will need to be a winning program. However, there is a student fee to support the football program financially so the program will not be in danger of being killed again.

Lamar basketball still gets good support even though they haven't been that good for years.  If the football program can stay competitive and not go 2-9 every year then they'll get good support.  Also, unlike those minor league "pro" teams that have come and gone, Lamar football is more of an event and there's a lot of people in the area with ties to the university.

Guest jhamilton
Its their first year of football and have to be patient. Have to give Coach W and the staff some time. As far as Bevil is concerned nothing but a SMOE and lost my respect  when I saw him lay down at SFA. Sorry but you cannot talk down to your team mates.

[quote name="bigred360" post="870262" timestamp="1286631583"]
Andre Bevil does make some questionable throws and does turn the ball over too much. His leadership skills may need to improve (although the team choose him as a captain). But he is by far the best QB on our roster and he is breaking records. Sorry but no one else is close to being as talented or as experienced on the Lamar team than Andre Bevil. Plus the coaching staff has stated he is injured with a high ankle sprain.

Lamar’s 300-Yard Club
Name Opponent Yds.

He has only played 4 and 1/2 games and still putting up these numbers when hurt. Are you sure you aren't related or have some type of relationship with someone else at the QB position at Lamar because it is obvious Andre Bevil is the best QB on the roster currently. Does he need to get better. Yes, a lot better!
[/quote]
No, no relation to anyone on the roster, but you need to realize, there's a huge differance in being hurt, and being injured. You can't be carted off the practice field one day, and the next be back on it in full pads the next. And your right maybe about him being the best on the roster, but you have made my point for me.
And for the guy who put that he doesn't expect LU to be able to compete with SFA, yet they can compete with McNeese who just lost to SFA by only 5 points and LU loses by 68???? LOL come on man. Where's the logic in that one?

[quote name="bigred360" post="870262" timestamp="1286631583"]

Lamar’s 300-Yard Club
Name Opponent Yds.

[/quote]

Whatever.  He needs to man up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And quit ragging on his teammates for his sorry play

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="870296" timestamp="1286633878"]
I think Lamar is right on schedule. Did you'll really expect them to be competititve with teams like SFA their first year? There's not a single senior on the team give it some time. I'm actually impressed with what they have done so far.
[/quote]

Yes!!!!!!!!!  SFA  =  Girls Glee Club Elementary school!!!!!!!!

[quote name="coachacola" post="870475" timestamp="1286649279"]
Lamar basketball still gets good support even though they haven't been that good for years.  If the football program can stay competitive and not go 2-9 every year then they'll get good support.  Also, unlike those minor league "pro" teams that have come and gone, Lamar football is more of an event and there's a lot of people in the area with ties to the university.
[/quote]

Lamar basketball puts me to sleep.  I only go in hopes that Mike O and BB Davis will return to their youth and show up on scholarship one night.  Oh, and Clarence Kea and Alvin Brooks...don't worry, I got love for em all...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder