State Rankings for week of Oct. 4 ( 6 local teams make list)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="870822" timestamp="1286671205"]
:o #3, #9, #10 & #15, are all from 17-4A... 
[/quote]
These rankings don't necessarily reflect the true reality of how good teams are. The only ones I would place any stock in are maybe the first 3 spots. Its about who the coaches or admins know to get their teams ranked (mostly). The only rankings that matter happen at the end of the season, when the state championships are done.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="870822" timestamp="1286671205"]
:o #3, #9, #10 & #15, are all from 17-4A... 
[/quote][quote author=utfan06 link=topic=74030.msg872386#msg872386 date=1286827802]
Yea Kingwood Park is really really good and I dont think they are even on the top 25??
[/quote]
Wouldn't put much into this pole, other than the fact it's more of a popularity contest. I agree with most of 17-4A being on it. But, Brenham has already beat the #9 and #10 and has had two close matches with the #3. Brenham is far better than than 15th and PNG is not even close to that level of play!!!! K-PARKED..... PNG earlier in the season.... The sad fact is that the top 6 teams in 17-4a would give the top teams in 18-4A, 19-4A, & 20-4A a run for the district championship. Magnolia, Brenham, Stratford would win without question.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="881679" timestamp="1287587819"]
It looks like someone made their own website and just put teams they know. Yes, they have a lot of good teams down but not the best. K-Park should definitely be top 10. Those girls know how to play. Where is Ozen? if PN-G is 16... Bad job ranking these teams whoever it was.
[/quote]

:D I agree.

I have nothing against the man and I appreciate the hard work he has done putting it together. Just needs to research a little more and show correct data. BH starting at #6 in the state before the season and supposedly not in top #25 now and them beating friendswood 2 out of 3 times they played in preseason. A long with Dickinson who isn't even on it. Just not impressed by the rankings but i am impressed by the effort.

[quote name="mactiger" post="881745" timestamp="1287591498"]
The rankings are done by one man receiving emails from parents and coaches.  He does the best he can with the information he receives. 
[/quote]
At least these rankings got some people to post on the volleyball board.  At 15 posts, its got a chance to be the most commented thread on volleyball board in quite some time ::).  Besides, rankings will mean nothing in just a few weeks and we will see just how strong or weak the local districts are.

[quote name="Otter" post="882302" timestamp="1287624876"]
[quote author=mactiger link=topic=74030.msg881745#msg881745 date=1287591498]
The rankings are done by one man receiving emails from parents and coaches.  He does the best he can with the information he receives. 
[/quote]
At least these rankings got some people to post on the volleyball board.  At 15 posts, its got a chance to be the most commented thread on volleyball board in quite some time ::).  Besides, rankings will mean nothing in just a few weeks and we will see just how strong or weak the local districts are.
[/quote]
Well it was commented on because how bad the rankings were. Not even close to a real ranking list. Pretty bad in my eyes

I understand that you may not agree with the rankings and/or they are not how YOU would have done them.  However, remember that kids DO read this site, and if their team IS on the list, you are not showing your support for them.  There are some teams missing (I agree), but you still should be praising the teams that DID make the list---let them be proud for a bit!!

[quote name="vbsportsfan" post="883521" timestamp="1287769163"]
I understand that you may not agree with the rankings and/or they are not how YOU would have done them.  However, remember that kids DO read this site, and if their team IS on the list, you are not showing your support for them.  There are some teams missing (I agree), but you still should be praising the teams that DID make the list---let them be proud for a bit!!
[/quote]

I would be embarassed to have my team so hyped and being ranked then go one and done in the playoffs.  

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="883537" timestamp="1287769813"]
[quote author=vbsportsfan link=topic=74030.msg883521#msg883521 date=1287769163]
I understand that you may not agree with the rankings and/or they are not how YOU would have done them.  However, remember that kids DO read this site, and if their team IS on the list, you are not showing your support for them.  There are some teams missing (I agree), but you still should be praising the teams that DID make the list---let them be proud for a bit!!
[/quote]

I would be embarassed to have my team so hyped and being ranked then go one and done in the playoffs.  
[/quote]

I think you should praise your team but lets be real here. 20 4A is a little down this year talent wise and by the way when was the last time a 20 4A team made it to the state tournament? Better yet when was the last time a team from the golden triangle made it to the state tournament? LCM was district champs last year. This year they probably won't make the playoffs and they beat the top 4 teams in 21 3A. No team in the golden triangle should be ranked. That is real...............

And, you're questioning ranked teams & their likelihood of making it to the state tournament????  Well,  when did the state tournament start involving 25 teams???!!!  The rankings are of the top 25---not the top 4!!!  And, by the way, MAKING IT TO THE PLAYOFFS & losing the first round is ALWAYS better than NOT EVEN making the playoffs.....that's not rocket science!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="vbsportsfan" post="884281" timestamp="1287800208"]
Let me guess....none of YOUR teams are ranked are they???!!!!!!! :'(
[/quote]

You know I am from Orangefield right? Just answer the question, when was the last time a golden triangle team went to the state tournament? I don't have a team. I am realistic are you? Like I said before, No team should be ranked in this area.  Ranking are nothing, but human beings making an educated guess.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="vbsportsfan" post="884396" timestamp="1287801782"]
And, you're questioning ranked teams & their likelihood of making it to the state tournament????   Well,  when did the state tournament start involving 25 teams???!!!  The rankings are of the top 25---not the top 4!!!  And, by the way, MAKING IT TO THE PLAYOFFS & losing the first round is ALWAYS better than NOT EVEN making the playoffs.....that's not rocket science!
[/quote]

Really, you say playoffs? Lets see, 3 teams make in 3A and 4 in 4A. Making the playoffs is a joke.  Just like the all district picks. Hey lets water it down and let everyone participate.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami