HF vs. Orangefield

The QB is not the problem. You can switch all you want to. We have QB's who can throw but you have to throw more thatn 7 or 8 times a game. You also have to have someone who can catch. Its easy to point fingers. I have seen numeous balls fall right through the recievers hands, but lets slam the QBs. My opinion is, the coaches know there is no hope for the rest of the year, so lets work on the future by finding a new QB. Funny how that works.

Well the whole concept of the spread offense is to get people out of the box so you can run the ball. And i dont see anything wrong with coaches that move players up and down at the end of a season down to get more reps on jv and pull some up to Varsity to see how they preform on the varsity level.

OF should have whooped BC. Thats alright. Kirbyville will beat them handily. I promise you!!

You'll be crying the same thing after Friday night! "Kirbyville should have whooped BC". Followed by something like, "Just wait till next year; Kville, gonna freakin romp on them Cards".

Balla, you're like a broken record, but you do have entertainment value (however small it may be). Keep posting so the hole you dig will be too deep to crawl out of! :)

And also.........as far as the 3rd QB being moved to JV to work on his QB skills' date=' he has only played 1 game at that position. How much work did he get????????? The second game was rained out.[/quote']

He played two games at QB against HJ and Silsbee. He did real well against HJ running the offense some of the passes were a little off the mark. He had a 63 yd TD run that was electric. His running ability out of the spread opened up the middle for the RB who had a great day too. HF won 20-8. The Silsbee game was played in a monsoon. He was ok. He fumbled once and threw an int. but led the team to a win after being down 0-6 at half. HF won 14-12.The Jasper game was rained out. I think the coaches feel he can't do any worst than what we have. I would have liked to see him play one more JV game for more reps. The move is similiar to Dallas' move to go to a more athletic QB and see what happens. We have lost 5 straight games with the others why not try a guy that can take it to the house when he breaks one? He is arguably the fastest player on the team. With a little work he could be a QB in the mode of Thomas from EC! OF is the weakest team out of the last three games and its a home game. Lets give the soph a chance. It may be the best thing to happen for now and the future! IMHO

HF has lost 4 games by 6 or less points there were many problems but I think this kid could give us 1 to 2 TDs per game with his wheels.

HF also needs to cut out the turnovers. First it was fumbles now it is ints. There are a lot of drops but there have been more bad passes and forced balls to double or triple covered rec.

:shock: Numbertwo-You are giving away secrets :!: No one (ORANGEFIELD) is supposed to know about this. Its not true orangefield fans. We will have the same QBs playing this Friday. Don't believe the hype^

I could've said we have Jamaal Charles in as RB, and they would still be prepared.

well i guess jw has his work cut out for him. trying to turn hf's fortunes around. i just hope his head doesnt get too big because playing qb for varsity will be a big difference than that of jv. i know he played some games on varsity, but not at qb. it will take some time for him to adjust, but hey who knows maybe he is the answer to the horn's misfortune. but it still is not only him, his head coach will have to make the right calls to put him in the right places at the right time. i have to be honest, i never thought id see the day j.w. was giving the ball and not receiving it.

with that being said, i have absolutely no clue about what to think about the score. think about it, both teams are out of the playoffs, so all they are playing for is pride. now, i dont know about o.f., but hf has had problems with that, i mean they their biggest runner quit because things werent going so hot. however, if jw (im not mentioning his full name) can step up and prove that he should be the starting qb, maybe itll spark some kind of fire in the horns. if not, we'll see more of the same.

ill still take hf in this one

hf-20

of-14

I think the coaches will put the new QB in positions to win the game. Hopefully they will call plays to his strength. This move is a big surprise. This change of position WR to QB is in stark contrast to the past. At HF from 7 grade on if you are put in a position WR, DL, OL, QB, etc. you stayed that way until you graduated. The coaches are finally thinking outside the box. If we can't throw put one of our best athletes behind center. This guy was one of our starting Varsity rec. to start the year before he was sent down to work on this QB thing. He only caught the ball 3 or 4 times and had 14 to 23 yds per catch most of that yac. The Old Ball Coach might be a VISIONARY :) This is WOS type stuff :shock: We'll see if this works by Friday 1015pm. We have nothing to lose!

you are correct edblu they do have nothing to lose...except the remaining games on the schedule. i would like to wish j.w. the best of luck at his new position, but warn him to keep his head under the size of a hot air balloon, because its going to be a brand new ball game for him, a lot more for him to think about, and i dont know anyone who has just switched positions like this and been successful immidiately. however, maybe he will prove me wrong. hopefully this is the beginning of something good to come for hf football.

good luck j.w. ill be there friday night to see your debut (if you read this)

pull 'em through

When I said nothing to lose I was meaning we are out of the playoffs. If we win or lose the rest of the games it doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things. Get ready for basketball season. These games are strictly for next seasons preparation only. Hopefully there will be other pullups from JV to see them in Varsity action in the next few weeks. Horndawg even you may get pulled up! :P When the frosh were winning all those games last year they should have pulled some of them up to help us make the playoffs.

When I said nothing to lose I was meaning we are out of the playoffs. If we win or lose the rest of the games it doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things. Get ready for basketball season. These games are strictly for next seasons preparation only. Hopefully there will be other pullups from JV to see them in Varsity action in the next few weeks. Horndawg even you may get pulled up! :P When the frosh were winning all those games last year they should have pulled some of them up to help us make the playoffs.

I don't think Horndawg is eligible. And instead of getting ready for basketball, it should be baseball.

I don't think Horndawg is eligible. And instead of getting ready for basketball' date=' it should be baseball.[/quote']

i understand what you mean and i was agreeing with you about the rest of the season i was just stating the fact that they still have three games to prove that they still have their pride. number two is correct, i am not eligible because i have already graduated, although i wish i had another year or two to play.

you claim that moving some freshmen up last year would have helped. who? the quick side of the offensive line thats where the weakness was. who would you going to replace on offense? picard, picou, sebastian, comalander, kuhn, guillory? who would you put in their place? no one in that grade more mobility than picard, no one had better hands than sebastian (maybe just as good, but not better), no one had the strength of picou, youve seen comalander, kuhn was small but hid behind his blockers, and guillory you see him this year.

now put some of those guys in the secondary for a little help maybe, but you saw how many weeks it took those guys to get used to the varsity level.

on the offense, people stacked 9 in the box and we didnt throw. just as you see this year and you cant win against that. but who knows they may have been able to help but that was last year, this is this year and id like to see them win at least one more this year.

Sorry I thought you were one of this years players. They need to get off the boards and do some homework!

Anyway back to HF football-They could have brought the frosh up to get used to the speed of game. Special teams and work during the week with the big boys. The coach decided midseason last year that several of the frosh would be on Varsity this year because of their speed. Catching up to the speed of the game has been part of the problem this year. Even thou we won the first two and have been close in others. They have played reasonably well despite the record. HF has a lot of first year varsity guys this year junior and soph. Some are playing different positions than they have played in the past. None of the sophs played JV last year! I wouldn't have replaced any of the players on last years team because they were the best we had. If HF had won one of the last three games of the year they would have made the playoffs. Three blowouts. The frosh could have played at the end of those games. If you ask the coaches privately about this season (after the season) they'll tell you this season was for seasoning of the younger players not for the seniors. I had HF going 3-7 when I first saw the schedule. When HF beats OF tomorrow I will probably be right. To win even one of the last two games HF would have to take a very large step up on the offense side. The defense can hold its own. HF could be 6-1 right now. Wouldn't that have been awesome :?: :shock:

Oh well lets try to finish strong :!: :!:

The QB may be changing his myspace site by Friday night 11ish back to JV QB! He might want to do well in a game before all that!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami