HF vs. Orangefield

Coach Brian Barbay is a great coach and person. He was at Orangefield when I was in junior high. I always liked him. As far as the game goes, OF hasn't beat HF since 2002 and will be looking for someone to take out their frustrations on after BC dashed all hopes for the playoffs. It will be tough going to HF. Good luck to both teams.

HF HAS GOOD COACHES. IF THEY DID NOT THEY WOULD BE GETTING SLAUGHTERED EVERY WEEK. THEY HAVE VERY FEW ATHLETES AND EVEN LESS SPEED. THEY PLAY HARD. TALENT COMES AND GOES. IT WAS NOT VERY LONG AGO THAT SILSBEE WENT 1-19 FOR TWO YEARS. JASPER PLAYED FOR A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO...LOOK AT THEM NOW. SAME COACHES, LESS TALENT, MUCH TOUGHER DISTRICT.

HF HAS GOOD COACHES. IF THEY DID NOT THEY WOULD BE GETTING SLAUGHTERED EVERY WEEK. THEY HAVE VERY FEW ATHLETES AND EVEN LESS SPEED. THEY PLAY HARD. TALENT COMES AND GOES. IT WAS NOT VERY LONG AGO THAT SILSBEE WENT 1-19 FOR TWO YEARS. JASPER PLAYED FOR A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO...LOOK AT THEM NOW. SAME COACHES' date=' LESS TALENT, MUCH TOUGHER DISTRICT.[/quote']

ill agree with this statement to a certain degree blade. hf has one of the best defensive coordinators around. i mean he coached at mcneese for cryin out loud. as far as the offensive side goes, well they need to open up the playbook a little more.

as far as the talent comes and goes, ill agree but the horns have had decent talent the past couple years but the players just werent utilized correctly. we had several guy that could catch the ball like it was going out of style, but still only managed to throw the ball 6 times a game. so as far as the opposing team's scouting report, it read: STACK 9 IN THE BOX, and thats just what they did and it beat us.

so thats my take, utilize your players better and you will be fine

HF has a lot of problems as a 2-5 records says. QBs have to step up and quit forcing balls. HF is avg 3 int in the last 4 wks. 3 and 6 the last two weeks. QBs need to start throwing short passes(hitches and slants) and let the WRs run after the catch. HF is avg 8.5 pts per game to the opponents 17. The team has to quit turning the ball over and getting stupid penalties that stop our drives and keeps the other teams drives going. Other than the WOS and EC game the D has held 5 teams to less than 13 pts! The only problem in those same games we only scored 12 pts or less! 2 wins and 3 losses. Lack of offense is the main problem right now. If we can't throw the ball we won't win. Everyone knows we have to run because we can't pass even thou we are in the spread. The coaches have 3 games to get it together or start working more young guys in to prepare for next year.

yes, hfs offense seems to be getting weaker and weaker, but hey, their defense is a force to be reckoned with. they have kept all games except the wos game within 6, so if some miracle happens and the offense puts more than 7 points on the board, it may get interesting. im not sure what to think about the score, it is hf's homecoming, and hf always gives of a run for their money. i havent seen ramsey play but hfs defensive coordinator will have a few stunts to try and stop his long passes. i think this one is closer than everyone is saying. im going to say hf scores 2 more times than they have the past 4 games (however, im not saying it will be the offense, special teams or defense may come into play).

hf-20

of-14

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476