Jasper At WO-S Predictions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper is one of those teams you just can't count out until the fat lady sings. I've been waiting all year to here that they have finally put it all together. They won last week and that's a start. I haven't seen them play this yr., but you know they have speed, and probably size. As far as the match up, I think WOS has to much talent and experience in the key position for a young Jasper team. I'm going with WOS on this one, by a couple of TD's.

I wish Silsbee had played Jasper a little earlier in the year.

I saw Jasper @ BC, LC-M @ WO-S...........

Supposedly, the Jasper QB @ BC was new - Not the kid who'd been in there all year - Very youg (Soph?), much beter suited for running the spread. Good athlete, prety good arm and accuracy, but NEW. If he gets to keep working on reads and builds a little confidence, Jasper could win out.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I said COULD! Not WOULD!

OK - back to topic - If the Jasper QB matures quickly, Jasper could give WO-S a decent game. But I believe in the end (2nd half), WO-S pulls away - far away.

So, with all of that:

Tie or Jasper lead at half, with WO-S winning by 28.

NEXT YEAR, Jasper will be back for vengeance - They won't forget this season, you can bet! :shock:

THIS ONE WON'T EVEN BE CLOSE. JASPER HAD HELP FROM THE OFFICIALS TO WIN THEIR FIRST. CALLED BACK ONE HF TD ON A PHANTOM ILLEGAL BLOCK' date=' THEN SCREWED HF AGAIN ON A CATCH DEEP IN DOG TERRITORY WITH TIME LEFT. JASPER GETS WHAT THEY DESERVE THIS FRIDAY! STANGS 48 - JASPER O[/quote']

Sounds like some one is just a little bit bitter :shock:

A much different game plan will have to be used against WO-S than what Silsbee gave them. Can WO-S adjust to the spread offense with speedy athletes? The answer is YES. A spread offense comes at you from different angles, since WO-S' defense is on the level, I feel they will be more at home with defending the spread than the veer.

Defense dominates this game against an inexperienced offense. Jasper will make big plays but will have to score on the play because WO-S will shutdown Jasper's Red Zone offense.

WO-S 35

Jasper 10

Take it to the bank!!!

Football Baby, Friday Night Football!!!

I talked to one of the players from Jasper. This Player said they ready for basketball. He said Wos is too much for them this year. Maybe next year.

Maybe the player you talked to needs to do the team a favor and start practicing basketball right now. Cause your not worth a flip to a team if you dont have the fighting spirit....so Kvilleballa tell him to hang up the football shoe's :evil:

The thing that sticks out to me the most is that Jasper has NOTHING to lose. When kids play with that mentality, they tend to play above their expectations. Secondly, this is Jasper vs. WOS (a historied game) which means that it has always been good. This reminds me of a Great UT team vs a mediocre TAM team....it doesnt matter who is better that season they always play close.

Lastly, I want to avenge the woopin Jasper gave us my first year of Varsity....41-0('96). Im still sore from that one!!! :lol:

I believe we win, but this will be no cake walk. Its Jasper!

Guest Wildcat 08

The main thing wrong with Jasper this year is they are young. They have 4 Freshmen starting and 3 Sophomores. WOS by 21 at least. Jasper will be back next year!

Jasper may be down, but they aren't without some real talent. The biggest problem is the offense. If they could have ever found the right mix I think this team could easily be right in the mix for a playoff spot. At this point I think one poster said it just right..they have nothing to lose and it is WO-S. I honestly won't be shocked no matter what the outcome because this game is just that unpredictable when you have so many factors invovled.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder