Youth Football Coaches Get into a Fight in Pearland

WarHogz

So both teams barred from post season play because GROWN MEN can't handle a disagreement!  Way to punish the kids for the adult stupidity.  Wait...did I say adult?  Naw, these punks weren't adults...they were little children in man bodies.  This is what comes from a generation of Americans that are all about themselves instead of anyone else, and sad to say, it's my generation, the baby boomers.  Don't get me wrong, I love when a person volunteers to help kids, but some of these folks are doing it for themselves instead of the kids.  You had a kid, A KID out there seperating two grown "men" acting like elephants to see whose trunk was bigger!  Who was the mature adult out there?  The KID!

BONCHE DE PENDEJOS ESTUPIDOS!

There is no excuse for what took place on that film. I will never try to defend anyone whoe engages in that type of conduct, but I am tired of hearing about daddy ball and wannabe coaches. There are thousands of dads and moms who give up countless hours of their time each year to not only teach the fundamentals of sports but to build character, teach respect, teamwork, discipline, etc. To be stereotyped as a wannabe coach just because I volunteer for youth organizations disgusts me. Just because you get a bachelors degree in education doesn't make you a coach either.

[quote name="DC9" post="860911" timestamp="1285790828"]
There is no excuse for what took place on that film. I will never try to defend anyone whoe engages in that type of conduct, but I am tired of hearing about daddy ball and wannabe coaches. There are thousands of dads and moms who give up countless hours of their time each year to not only teach the fundamentals of sports but to build character, teach respect, teamwork, discipline, etc. To be stereotyped as a wannabe coach just because I volunteer for youth organizations disgusts me. Just because you get a bachelors degree in education doesn't make you a coach either.
[/quote]

The problem is, DC9, that us as volunteer coaches get less scrutiny than the guys who are coaches.  I say this from the same experience level as you, having volunteered and coached for a few years.  (kid chauffeur, confidante, nurse, etc. included). While there are safeguards in place to protect the kids against predators, we don't have the ability as youth leagues to conduct in depth background checks like we should.  When that happens, you get situations like this.  In addition, because we want to have the help that is needed, we might overlook a person's tendency to be an idiot.  Another problem is that we have let people be ugly to each other with no consequence.  I know a lot of posters on here will say "what, we can't taunt and trash talk?"  On a forum, in a loud stadium, your words are not as big a deal.  In fields where there are less than 200 people, a loud mouth is more recognized, and that leads to people being idiots and losing their cool. As voluteer coaches, there has to be a way for us to put a stop to idiocy before it gets out of hand   

[quote]The problem is, DC9, that us as volunteer coaches get less scrutiny than the guys who are coaches.  I say this from the same experience level as you, having volunteered and coached for a few years.  (kid chauffeur, confidante, nurse, etc. included). While there are safeguards in place to protect the kids against predators, we don't have the ability as youth leagues to conduct in depth background checks like we should.  When that happens, you get situations like this.  In addition, because we want to have the help that is needed, we might overlook a person's tendency to be an idiot.  Another problem is that we have let people be ugly to each other with no consequence.  I know a lot of posters on here will say "what, we can't taunt and trash talk?"  On a forum, in a loud stadium, your words are not as big a deal.  In fields where there are less than 200 people, a loud mouth is more recognized, and that leads to people being idiots and losing their cool. As voluteer coaches, there has to be a way for us to put a stop to idiocy before it gets out of hand      [/quote]

I agree, and as a local league president, understand that alot of times a leagues coaching resources are limited. I just do not like the good people giving their time being categorized the same as the idiots on the film. Perhaps I read more into the statement, I don't know.

[quote name="DC9" post="860964" timestamp="1285794573"]     
[quote]The problem is, DC9, that us as volunteer coaches get less scrutiny than the guys who are coaches.  I say this from the same experience level as you, having volunteered and coached for a few years.  (kid chauffeur, confidante, nurse, etc. included). While there are safeguards in place to protect the kids against predators, we don't have the ability as youth leagues to conduct in depth background checks like we should.  When that happens, you get situations like this.  In addition, because we want to have the help that is needed, we might overlook a person's tendency to be an idiot.  Another problem is that we have let people be ugly to each other with no consequence.  I know a lot of posters on here will say "what, we can't taunt and trash talk?"  On a forum, in a loud stadium, your words are not as big a deal.  In fields where there are less than 200 people, a loud mouth is more recognized, and that leads to people being idiots and losing their cool. As voluteer coaches, there has to be a way for us to put a stop to idiocy before it gets out of hand      [/quote]

I agree, and as a local league president, understand that alot of times a leagues coaching resources are limited. I just do not like the good people giving their time being categorized the same as the idiots on the film. Perhaps I read more into the statement, I don't know.
[/quote]

That might be the case..I think we all differentiate between good people giving their time and helping kids by coaching and volunteering, and idiots that are only out there to be fools...

Precisely the reason my children are not involved in youth sports. I hate that it has become what it is. I know there are good people out there but the bad ones are growing in number. If it were up to me, youth sports would be run by youth and parents/adults would be banned from attending..LOL!
The days of teaching fundamentals has been replaced with a win at all cost attitude. I know there are exceptions but those exceptions are usually run off by the parents who aren't content with their child learning to play the game. They would rather little Johnny win, win, win! It's a shame!

This just sickens me.  I have witnessed parents going after coaches into parking lots, coaches wanting to get after other coaches, parents on parents, it is just ridiculous.  The kids just want to play.  Leagues have had to become stricter, due to things like this happening.  Do back ground checks, have a zero tolerence policy on unruely behavior. They have also gone to fining the coaches.  Those coaches will more then likely be banned from the league period. Hate it for the boys though.

This behavior is unbelievable.  Very simple to fix.  Call the cops, have the nuts arrested, file charges, and after they pay attorney fees, court costs, and the like, ban them from all youth sporting events - forever.  The league is wrong for punishing the kids, just punish the offenders.  Youth sports are a lot like varsity sports - if the officials get a handle on things early, you usually don't see things get out of hand.  There is no excuse for  a league to tolerate such behavior.  The league my boys grew up in had a zero tolerance policy.  And I really enjoyed enforcing it when necessary.  All you need is a president with guts.  Youth leagues should be about teaching fundamentals and molding future good citizens - the winning of games should be secondary.

Hard to say from the video who is fighting and who is defending, but the one guy that SUCKER PUNCHED the other gets my vote for NOT the man of the year!!!!!!

The part where the one young man steps between the two large guys makes me want to cry! Can’t imagine how he must have felt, besides the fact that he could have been hurt!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder