Bears 4-0

[quote name="shovelhead" post="858674" timestamp="1285547252"]
No doubt the Bears are a good team, but they have not gotten to the meat of their schedule yet. Salad days are over, we will see how good the Bears are in the coming weeks.
[/quote]

some of the meatier teams coming up have looked more like filet mignon than t-bones this year.  i'm kinda thinking the bears have a pretty decent shot of making it out of district with only a couple of losses, but who knows.  there's always a lot of parity in this district.

No doubt the Bears are a good team, but they have not gotten to the meat of their schedule yet. Salad days are over, we will see how good the Bears are in the coming weeks.
[/quote]

I wouldn't quite call Nacogdoches & Lumberton salad. With an offense averaging 45 ppg and a now sleeping defensive giant that just woke up, LCM's the team to beat - and it won't be easy.

Guest kwjones74
Lumberton is a pretty good team but they got what they deserved after the head coach didn't kick a kid off the team after he called another player a monkey. Rascism gets you nowhere.

[quote name="kwjones74" post="858742" timestamp="1285551844"]
Lumberton is a pretty good team but they got what they deserved after the head coach didn't kick a kid off the team after he called another player a monkey. Rascism gets you nowhere.
[/quote]

wow, didnt know that was going on in Raider Land..

[/quote]

I remember years back LCM would start district 5-0 several times.That's when they schedual weak teams and when district started I don't think they won a game.

This team is for real.Might not when em all but it ain't that far fetched.

[quote name="Beargrowl" post="858692" timestamp="1285548462"]
[quote author=shovelhead link=topic=73559.msg858674#msg858674 date=1285547252]
[/quote]

I wouldn't quite call Nacogdoches & Lumberton salad. With an offense averaging 45 ppg and a now sleeping defensive giant that just woke up, LCM's the team to beat - and it won't be easy.
[/quote]

Maybe not Lumberton, but Nacogdoches is salad.  I do give LCM credit though.  I had them making the playoffs, but after the last win, they are even better than I expected them to be this year.

As to the verbal racism...I know it exists...even among 6 & 7 year olds.  Coaching a Pop Warner flag game in 1996,  I overheard a couple of young kids from "Bird land" (we were playing at their field) talking to one another during half time.  One said to the other..."I can't beleive you let that little "n" outrun you".  My team mom, who is African American, overheard this as she was taking the 2nd half roster to the press box, and I apologized for the other team's kids, not knowing what else to do.  She said "I don't let it bother me...they don't have any power ever me, if I don't let them".

She was a strong person, and a wise one as well, but what happens in the heat of the moment in a football game?  Who gets a flag?  Does anyone?  Thi is one of those teachable moments, when we can, as parents and fans, point in the right direction, or ignore it as "no big deal".  In the case of the latter, I guess it just happens to be which side of the issue you are on...         

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder