SHSU - Lamar Game Thread/ SAM WINS 38-10

TexasTerror

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="864743" timestamp="1286079147"]
There is a whole lot to say about tonights game but I really don't know where to start and I need time to sort through my thoughts.  For tonight I will just say that I'm trying to figure out the McNeese game in light of the last 2 weeks and what that means.  It is pretty evident that the Cowboys are not as good this year as in the last 10 or so but I think the first game we played above the level of our capabilities right now.  There are big question marks right now on both sides of the ball.  Lots of work to be done.
[/quote]I would have to agree that McNeese is not as good as people thought but Lamar had alot of time to prepare for the Cowboys and alot of hype they did a good job. Now these teams know who the threats for the cards are and can see it on film McNeese had no game film. jmo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="864742" timestamp="1286079103"]
SHSU has a good QB! anyone know what grade he is in?

& I would like to see another QB get a chance, not saying Bevil isn't the best QB on the team but when your down and out give another guy a chance to see what he can do..I'd also like to see the O-line block better, the Defense hit somebody with intensity and Billy Chavis used more.
[/quote]
true freshman,   rb is red shirt freshman

-re:defense...this might be the slowest defense in organized sports (or maybe they just quickly run to the wrong spot)
also, extremely poor tackling..and covererage???????

-re:hussey...fumble, here's the pine

-re bevil---delivery makes tebow look like marino..time it with an hour glass
need a qb with just a hint, a smidgen of running threat

re: fans...there are 4 quarters, beautiful night..stay for the game..

SOS to ray alborn for offensive help

Congratulations to the BearKats on their victory starting a true freshman QB and red-shirt RB who transferred from Kansas State.

Our offense is terrible, too many TO's, the O-line can't create a lane for the RB's to gain some yardage on the ground and they aren't protecting our QB in the passing game. SHSU had pressure on Bevil all night. Yes, he makes some very questionable throws into coverages. I hope Coach Woodard recuits a QB, RB and a couple of O-linemen.

Defense, they can't stop the run. 3 of the 4 teams we have played had a RB go well over 100 yards rushing for the game. I don't know if it is coaching or the guys just can't tackle. They seem to hit the runner and just bounce off.

Our defense doesn't produce any TO's and SHSU had the ball over 40 minutes of the game to LU's 20 minutes.

There is so much more to say but I'm at work now so have to cut it short.

Still bleed red and white but hate losing. I'll be there for HC at Provost Umphrey with a few family members.

First I want to say that having the games on KLVI is great.  I was listening to part of the game here in Northeast Austin and for the most part the reception was very clear.

Lamar is sitting 2-3 now, after 3 road games and 4 SLC foes, not the best way to pick up wins after 21 years of no football.  Five wins is still possible which would be a great accomplishment for this team.  I don't think these two blowouts mean much since both the coaching staff and the team have so little D1 experience.  We'll see what I kind of players Woodard can recruit after this season is over.

Guest baseball25
I mean did y'all think Lamar was going to be good this yr? I mean give them a break it's a work in process, give Lamar 2 more yrs and they will be fine, there losing to slc teams that have had programs for a while, u just can build a program in a yr it takes time, everyone needs to have patients.

[quote name="baseball25" post="865010" timestamp="1286130400"]
I mean did y'all think Lamar was going to be good this yr? I mean give them a break it's a work in process, give Lamar 2 more yrs and they will be fine, there losing to slc teams that have had programs for a while, u just can build a program in a yr it takes time, everyone needs to have patients.
[/quote]

Baseball25 with a logical post, now I feel bad.  ;D

[quote name="coachacola" post="864984" timestamp="1286127153"]I don't think these two blowouts mean much since both the coaching staff and the team have so little D1 experience.  We'll see what I kind of players Woodard can recruit after this season is over.[/quote]

What about Todd Whitten? Thought he had some Division I experience...

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="865153" timestamp="1286143494"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=73538.msg864984#msg864984 date=1286127153]I don't think these two blowouts mean much since both the coaching staff and the team have so little D1 experience.  We'll see what I kind of players Woodard can recruit after this season is over.[/quote]

What about Todd Whitten? Thought he had some Division I experience...
[/quote]

Whitten wasn't dressed out. Game shirt and shorts on standing on the sideline.

I was at the game and I thought the athletes on the sideline hurt or whatever were the worst looking representatives we have.  What is it about all the hats turned every which way shorts to their ankles.  trying to look bad doe not make you bad, clean this trash up and establish some discipline.  make them wear their warmups and have everyone on the same page.

[quote name="hipster" post="865230" timestamp="1286149830"]
I was at the game and I thought the athletes on the sideline hurt or whatever were the worst looking representatives we have.  What is it about all the hats turned every which way shorts to their ankles.  trying to look bad doe not make you bad, clean this trash up and establish some discipline.  make them wear their warmups and have everyone on the same page.
[/quote]

Some of those guys may have been recuits in for the game. I don't know that for a fact but last home game there were several recruits at that game. Agree, I hate the baggy shorts hanging passed the waist with their underwear showing. A lot of kids do it for some reason.  ::)

[quote name="hipster" post="865230" timestamp="1286149830"]
I was at the game and I thought the athletes on the sideline hurt or whatever were the worst looking representatives we have.  What is it about all the hats turned every which way shorts to their ankles.  trying to look bad doe not make you bad, clean this trash up and establish some discipline.  make them wear their warmups and have everyone on the same page.
[/quote]

I notced that too but they did not have names on their jerseys so not sure

[quote name="twag11" post="864960" timestamp="1286125061"]
I want to see Prewitt take some snaps at QB next week and see how he does.
[/quote]

Me too.  Bevil's turnovers kill us plus he makes poor decisions and he holds on to the ball way too long.  Maybe it is the routes we are calling, I don't know.  But we need to learn how throw slants, outs, deep ins, screen passes, etc.  He can throw a sweet deep ball but that's about it.  Now, he did throw a couple of outs and one nice short hook to Jackson.  That hook went for a td because of a great move by Jackson.

[quote name="Sea Aggie" post="865291" timestamp="1286155389"]
If you aren't on the active roster you should be in a Lamar polo with khakis, or something that looks uniform. No matter what inactive players are wearing, it's still not going to help you win.
[/quote]

I agree totally.  And it may not help win any games but it is called class.

[quote name="bigred360" post="864809" timestamp="1286104710"]
Congratulations to the BearKats on their victory starting a true freshman QB and red-shirt RB who transferred from Kansas State.

Our offense is terrible, too many TO's, the O-line can't create a lane for the RB's to gain some yardage on the ground and they aren't protecting our QB in the passing game. SHSU had pressure on Bevil all night. Yes, he makes some very questionable throws into coverages. I hope Coach Woodard recuits a QB, RB and a couple of O-linemen.

Defense, they can't stop the run. 3 of the 4 teams we have played had a RB go well over 100 yards rushing for the game. I don't know if it is coaching or the guys just can't tackle. They seem to hit the runner and just bounce off.

Our defense doesn't produce any TO's and SHSU had the ball over 40 minutes of the game to LU's 20 minutes.

There is so much more to say but I'm at work now so have to cut it short.

Still bleed red and white but hate losing. I'll be there for HC at Provost Umphrey with a few family members.
[/quote]
[i]I hope Coach Woodard recuits a QB, RB and a couple of O-linemen.[/i]
unless they quit, i think we have  6 qbs.

[quote name="77" post="864746" timestamp="1286079577"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=73538.msg864743#msg864743 date=1286079147]
There is a whole lot to say about tonights game but I really don't know where to start and I need time to sort through my thoughts.  For tonight I will just say that I'm trying to figure out the McNeese game in light of the last 2 weeks and what that means.  It is pretty evident that the Cowboys are not as good this year as in the last 10 or so but I think the first game we played above the level of our capabilities right now.  There are big question marks right now on both sides of the ball.  Lots of work to be done.
[/quote]I would have to agree that McNeese is not as good as people thought but Lamar had alot of time to prepare for the Cowboys and alot of hype they did a good job. Now these teams know who the threats for the cards are and can see it on film McNeese had no game film. jmo
[/quote]

I agree with your game film comment but don't we get game film too?  Why did it look like we had no clue how to stop SFA?  Why did it look like we had no clue how to stop SHSU?  Why is it we basically played straight up zone against SHSU the whole first half and the first drive of the second half and just let them whoop our a$$e$?  We sit back in a zone and rush 4, they can't get any pressure against the pass and get blown off the line against the run.  So, we don't make adjustments???  In case yall didn't notice, after they scored 35 on us we finally made defensive adjustments and started blitzing.

Oh, I appreciate number 20 trying to get the fans fired up but I would appreciate it more if he'd start making plays instead of cheerleading.

you don't need 4 years of college football experience to learn how to wrap up and finish a tackle.............

did I expect Lu to be good this year? no...do I expect them to make a tackle here and there? yes...do i expect a little more than schoolyard "go long and I'll chunk it?, yup...

on the positive side, the band played a new tune!

This LU football team is better than I have seen them play the past two games. I have attended every game except the McNeese game and there is no SPARK!! Offensive line cannot open even the smallest hole!  It cant be that hard to do a little run blocking!!
  Defense isnt HITTING anyone and when they do its a shoulder NO ONE wraps up!!  As for Bevil being hurt, I call BS!! Seen him before the game walking without a limp, seen him come out without his ankle taped, then after the score got bad his ankle was taped. I am not impressed with him what so ever. Put someone else in the game if nothing more than to get them some reps and show Bevil he isn't the ONLY QB on the team!!!

GET BACK TO THE BASICS!! Basic blocking,and tackling!!

I dont mean to sound Negative but I think this team is better than they have been playing!! I am only a innocent bystander and will continue to support LU the entire game! I refuse to leave at halftime or 3rd qtr like some!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics