Dayton @ Galena Park predictions

knightrider

I agree with Tyrone and Jayhawk. I think we have a very talented group of receivers. The problem I have is that they don't use them enough. IMO. In the BH game there was a nice bubble screen to Fowler for a TD and a first down throw of about 15-20 yds. to Reyes. Other than that I don't recall utilizing the receivers all that much. Except for some good blocking down field.

It was pretty obvious they wanted to run the ball outside on BH, and they did that very well. I still say though, to be effective against some of the quicker defenses, they're going to need to throw north and south a little more. 10 yd. curls, quick slants, 5-10 yd sideline patterns and the like. You know, to "keep the chains moving" kinda stuff. I mean, this is still a spread offense (isn't it ???) and you have some kids with great hands, why not use them? I think it would only open up the middle more for Jakari.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jayhawk" post="860616" timestamp="1285769615"]
Have to agree with Tyrone - I think this team is one of the more balanced teams we had in a while . I don't know how many of the previous Bronco's defenses could of [b]dominated the 5a teams[/b] we played this year like this team. You got a taste of what our offense can do during the BH game and we have one of the best overall receiver core's we ever had. Our QB is smart and has an excellent arm that gets better every game. RB Desibor doesn't even know how good he is yet and is a home run  threat every time he touches the ball and theres X. Baldwin  one the best all around play makers in SETX and that includes offense and defense .  I think Dayton fans will soon see we are spoiled again with team !
[/quote]

I don't know if I would say dominated.  Your defense played good, but you lost to both of those 5A teams, so I wouldn't use the word "dominated".  ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="860880" timestamp="1285788277"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=73454.msg860616#msg860616 date=1285769615]
Have to agree with Tyrone - I think this team is one of the more balanced teams we had in a while . I don't know how many of the previous Bronco's defenses could of [b]dominated the 5a teams[/b] we played this year like this team. You got a taste of what our offense can do during the BH game and we have one of the best overall receiver core's we ever had. Our QB is smart and has an excellent arm that gets better every game. RB Desibor doesn't even know how good he is yet and is a home run  threat every time he touches the ball and theres X. Baldwin  one the best all around play makers in SETX and that includes offense and defense .  I think Dayton fans will soon see we are spoiled again with team !
[/quote]

I don't know if I would say dominated.  Your defense played good, but you lost to both of those 5A teams, so I wouldn't use the word "dominated".   ;)
[/quote]

yes.... unfortunately 1-3 quarters of winning or dominating doesn't count.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="860880" timestamp="1285788277"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=73454.msg860616#msg860616 date=1285769615]
[/quote]

I don't know if I would say dominated.  Your defense played good, but you lost to both of those 5A teams, so I wouldn't use the word "dominated".   ;)
[/quote] Everybody has to get picky - excuse me if I was trying to drive home a point about the overall wealth of the team these are my personal opinions and if you don't argee with them fine I don't claim to be a football guru and I know half of the people on this board can talk circles around me in the football jargon dept. I'm just an overzealous Bronco fan thats gets carried away from time to time . :)

I like a strong passing game, but if you check the stats I believe that you will find that the Broncos are about 50/50 between running and passing. If anything, I would like to see the offense run some DIFFERENT pass plays (a fast team will make those sideline passes ineffective).  I don't know how the rest of the season is going to play out, I'm just hoping for a blowout so we can put that Soph. kicker in the game and let him kick a 50+ yarder with no pressure. 

I'm with ya on the different pass plays. That's what I was suggesting. Spread it around some. The QB is very accurate under 25 yds. I think the receivers are more than capable. We have one of the best, if not the best, running backs in the district with Jakari Delasbour. We also have a great offensive line. So with all that....why does the offense seem to stall at times against the better defenses?

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="861056" timestamp="1285802813"]
I'm with ya on the different pass plays. That's what I was suggesting. Spread it around some. The QB is very accurate under 25 yds. I think the receivers are more than capable. We have one of the best, if not the best, running backs in the district with Jakari Delasbour. We also have a great offensive line. So with all that....why does the offense seem to stall at times against the better defenses?
[/quote]
Galena park Fan Here N Have You Guys Even Heard Or Seen Our Defense Yet? We Have TWO I Repeat Two 6'3 D1 D Ends N We have 2 Pretty Good DT too! We Have A Fast if Not The Fastest LineBacker Core Dayton Has Seen N A While! N Our Secondary May Be One Of The fastest N Toughest They Played Since Angleton! N No Need To Talk About The Offense!

[quote name="#1GalenaParkFan" post="861183" timestamp="1285808158"]
Galena park Fan Here N Have You Guys Even Heard Or Seen Our Defense Yet? We Have TWO I Repeat Two 6'3 D1 D Ends N We have 2 Pretty Good DT too! We Have A Fast if Not The Fastest LineBacker Core Dayton Has Seen N A While! N Our Secondary May Be One Of The fastest N Toughest They Played Since Angleton! N No Need To Talk About The Offense!
[/quote]
I hope this is a real GP fan and not someone just trying rile the broncs up...... if so... the next couple days should be fun!!!

I'll let the smackers take it from here...

tyrone??  backflipper??

[quote name="dayton" post="861205" timestamp="1285809415"]
[quote author=#1GalenaParkFan link=topic=73454.msg861183#msg861183 date=1285808158]
[/quote]
I hope this is a real GP fan and not someone just trying rile the broncs up...... if so... the next couple days should be fun!!!

tyrone??  backflipper??
[/quote] Yes Real Fan We Have HighLights Of The Games We Played On A Site Called SchoolTube N The link Name Is GP Vs Sam Rayburn or GP vs Sharpstown!!

I respect what GP has done thusfar, they'll be well coached, I actually know 2 of their coaches personally, "but", after what Dayton did to The Hill, just don't see GP beating them..I see Dayton winning this one by 14-17 points....or maybe more if their offense plays pretty much turnover free...I think Dayton goes thru District without a loss.....

[quote name="#1GalenaParkFan" post="861206" timestamp="1285809605"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=73454.msg861205#msg861205 date=1285809415]
[quote author=#1GalenaParkFan link=topic=73454.msg861183#msg861183 date=1285808158]
[/quote]

tyrone??  backflipper??
[/quote] Yes Real Fan We Have HighLights Of The Games We Played On A Site Called SchoolTube N The link Name Is GP Vs Sam Rayburn or GP vs Sharpstown!!
[/quote]
Nice videos. I think it's cool getting the kids involved like that. Thanks for the tip. Good luck on Friday.

[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=73454.msg861056#msg861056 date=1285802813]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes, But Are They As Good At Capitalizing Words And Making Grammatically Incorrect Sentences As You R?

in the past, i have seen dayton teams throw early in the season and then start running, and run the ball down opponents throats the remainder of the season.  when they have passing personnel they will throw and run about 50/50.  coaches do great job of setting tendencies and then break them and do what they do best.  i agree with tyrone, this is a potentially very good team that is well rounded and believe the coaches will do what is best in order to win in district.  those first 3 games mean nothing in the long run other than dayton played a harder schedule than anyone else and that will help them in the long run. if dayton has a weakness, it is maybe they do not have enough team leaders on the field. do not mean this as a negative, but players have to step up and if they do not, then the season will not reach its full potential.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Holy smokes! two i repeat TWO D1 D Ends? and a secondary that Dayton hasn't seen since Angleton? Wow that  was like two weeks ago. Where did yall find all of this talent in a year? I dont remember none of them last year.
Oh and we have not heard your defense yet. Please let us know how they sound.
I really wanna talk some smack but should I check his ID first. I feel like I am talking to one of Tyrone's hood rat kids.

[quote name="Backflipper" post="861342" timestamp="1285822832"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Holy smokes! two i repeat TWO D1 D Ends? and a secondary that Dayton hasn't seen since Angleton? Wow that  was like two weeks ago. Where did yall find all of this talent in a year? I dont remember none of them last year.
I really wanna talk some smack but should I check his ID first. I feel like I am talking to one of Tyrone's hood rat kids.
[/quote]

Why does everybody have to assume that my kids are hood rats?  All of them (at least the ones that I know about) have their very own lonestar card.  They are also very accomplished smack talkers...just ask bhfan and smoking baby, because it's totally obvious that I'm their daddy. 

[quote name="#1GalenaParkFan" post="861206" timestamp="1285809605"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=73454.msg861205#msg861205 date=1285809415]
[/quote]

tyrone??  backflipper??
[/quote]

They should look fast playing Sam Rayburn and Sharpstown. Not buying the hype Dayton by 21 plus

[quote name="Backflipper" post="861342" timestamp="1285822832"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote] YEs Two We Had Them Last Yr But Our Offense Just Wasnt What It Is Now So With that Being Said Do I Have Faith In The Boys Yes I Do I think Their Pass Offense Will Kill Dayton DBs N The RB Will Run All Over Them! They Just Wont Know What To Do!! When They Play GP!! GP By 10+

[quote name="knightrider" post="856843" timestamp="1285439674"]
Dayton 49 Galena Park 7
[/quote]Dayton By 32 Really DO You Guys Really Think They Can Stop Our Offense Really! They Couldnt Stop The HIlls N If I May Recall Dayton's Offense Hasnt Put Up To Many Point On Offense Them selfs! But The Hills Did Have Like 8 Turnovers So You Guys Did Get A Break But We Will See On Friday!!

[quote name="#1GalenaParkFan" post="861452" timestamp="1285857208"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=73454.msg856843#msg856843 date=1285439674]

[/quote]DO You Guys Really Think They Can Stop Our Offense Really!

[size=12pt][b]Maybe not completely, but this ain't Sharpstown or Rayburn you guys are playing. You haven't seen a D like this so far this year.[/b][/size]

They Couldnt Stop The HIlls

[size=12pt][b]Do What???[/b][/size]

If I May Recall Dayton's Offense Hasnt Put Up To Many Point On Offense Them selfs!

[size=12pt][b]We have actually played some teams that don't run the ever popular "Swiss Cheese D"... Our O can put up plenty.[/b][/size][/quote][/size]

[quote name="dayton" post="861455" timestamp="1285857858"]
[quote author=#1GalenaParkFan link=topic=73454.msg861452#msg861452 date=1285857208]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=73454.msg856843#msg856843 date=1285439674]

[/quote]DO You Guys Really Think They Can Stop Our Offense Really!

[size=12pt][b]Maybe not completely, but this ain't Sharpstown or Rayburn you guys are playing. You haven't seen a D like this so far this year.[/b][/size]

They Couldnt Stop The HIlls

[size=12pt][b]Do What???[/b][/size]

If I May Recall Dayton's Offense Hasnt Put Up To Many Point On Offense Them selfs!

[size=12pt][b]We have actually played some teams that don't run the ever popular "Swiss Cheese D"... Our O can put up plenty.[/b][/size][/quote][/size]
[/quote]No The O Is Not Caked Up To Be What Everybody Makes It The Defense Helps Yall Out Alot But That Wont Be Able To Work Like The Hills When It Came Down To The Offense Needing To Score Like Angleton N the Other Schools DAYTON Didnt Show Up! N I KNow Sharpstown n Rayburn Isnt All That But Thats Why We Did What we Had To Do N Blow Them Out N The GP Offense Is So Good They Couldve Put Up 80 Unlike Dayton Against The Hills When They Keep The Starters In THe Game!! Gp Took Theirs Out N THe 3rd Quarter On All 3 Except Magnoila!

Dear Mr. Over-user of capital letters,
Gotta say I really dont want to see the video of Sharpstown. Thats like having a highlight reel against a freshman team. Then you said that Dayton couldn't stop the Hill? Are you (insert your choice of word here) kidding me? GP has not ever seen a D like Dayton has this year. I think this is going to be a big let down for GP Dayton 38 GP 21
I still feel like this GPfan is a third grader that dont have a clue

[quote name="Backflipper" post="861462" timestamp="1285858565"]
Dear Mr. Over-user of capital letters,
Gotta say I really dont want to see the video of Sharpstown. Thats like having a highlight reel against a freshman team. Then you said that Dayton couldn't stop the Hill? Are you (insert your choice of word here) kidding me? GP has not ever seen a D like Dayton has this year. I think this is going to be a big let down for GP Dayton 38 GP 21
I still feel like this GPfan is a third grader that dont have a clue
[/quote]Dont Watch The Sharpstown One Watch CE Kings Game Its On There Its Called GP VS CE KING FOOTBALL ON SCHOOLTUBE! N I Seen Dayton Stats Not To Many Offenses Touchdowns If You Know What I Mean! GP Has Like The Best QB n WRs Dayton Has Seen All Year I Mean The QB Is Number 2 N the State N GP Has 4 Great Wideouts n 2 of them Who Is top 5 In The State N Yards N Catches n TDs! Anymore???????????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami