Dayton @ Galena Park predictions

knightrider

[quote name="rgz2015" post="859791" timestamp="1285678815"]
Now to continue...

Galena Park 48 Sharpstown 0- There's not really much to say about this game. Galena Park ran away with it and Sharpstown never had a chance.

Galena Park 53 C.E. King 19- Galena Park opened the game with a screen pass to go about 60 yards for a touchdown. After that it went downhill for King. Andrew Vargas, our quarterback had another great game, and our offense was dominant once again. At halftime the score was GP 36 King 6. Because we were up by so much about midway throught the third quarter the second string went in and completed the game for us, so we could have made the score much worse in all honesty.

Quick facts or things I have noticed: Coming into this year we had no clue how good the quarterback (Andrew Vargas) would be. This is his first year as our starter, but you would never be able to tell. He has become extremely confident in himself and looks like a natural. We also have a great supporting crew for him with what I would have to think is one of the best groups of receivers in Houston. Lastly for our offense we have a great running back in Terrance Crowder who can make some big plays and can really pound you with the run. This year our team is all about speed and the tremendous use of the no huddle. For defense, our run defense up the middle as I mentioned for the Magnolia game is our greatest weakness. We have a pretty good secondary and a tandem of twins at defensive end Tyrone and Tyrell Taylor that are seriously scary!

There you go... I hope you're okay with this being pretty long, but I felt like it would give all of you from Dayton a pretty good overview of our team.
[/quote]

Great info! Glad to see a GP fan over here. Get your buddies involved too!

I've heard the no huddle offense is a big part of GP's game. I've had a feeling all week long that this is gonna be a good one.

What grade is your QB in?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dayton" post="859817" timestamp="1285681244"]
[quote author=rgz2015 link=topic=73454.msg859811#msg859811 date=1285680422]
I have to say that I am extremely impressed that anyone caught that much less this quick!  :)
[/quote]

[b]I'm a high school football addict....[/b]  :D :D

I'm even more glad that you're here now... insider info!!
[/quote]

That makes 2 of us.

[quote name="rgz2015" post="859827" timestamp="1285682598"]
Haha I may be related to him and probably know more about the team and stuff with the district than pretty much any other Galena Park fan that couldv'e come on here, [b]but I'm not going to give away anything that would give any other team an advantage or help them against us. [/b] I'll just post things that any other intelligent high school football fan would be able to see by going to our games.  ;D
[/quote]

I would expect nothing less...

all we had was chron.com results up to this point, so I'll take it.

[quote name="rgz2015" post="859811" timestamp="1285680422"]
I have to say that I am extremely impressed that anyone caught that much less this quick!  :)
[/quote]

Hey great to have someone on here from GP....even if it is the Coach's son.  Welcome....you'll find a lot of good ol' trash talking, some intelligent football, and sadly some stupidity as well but a fun site regardless.

[quote name="rgz2015" post="859973" timestamp="1285690578"]
[quote author=Backflipper link=topic=73454.msg859966#msg859966 date=1285690091]
Rollin, glad to see that you woke up for football season. RZ, welcome and you will get some good ol trash talkin' from the Dayton crew on here and some intelligent football smack from a few. But, you will have to wait till yall play BH for the stupidity to come out on the boards.
[/quote]

Well I'm perfectly fine with people talking smack to me about Galena Park. I'll gladly take it. I'm sure as all of you know that it only makes a win that much sweeter when everybody else has been talking smack to you before the game. I probably won't be talking any trash so that I don't inflame anything or give a misrepresentation of my dad.

[b]I also had a question about what the karma +/- means on this site? Could anyone please help me out?[/b]
[/quote]

if you like something that is said give it a +... - if you don't.

I think you have to have 200 posts to get the privilege to do it yourself.

[quote name="Backflipper" post="859966" timestamp="1285690091"]
Rollin, glad to see that you woke up for football season. RZ, welcome and you will get some good ol trash talkin' from the Dayton crew on here and some intelligent football smack from a few. But, you will have to wait till yall play BH for the stupidity to come out on the boards.
[/quote] ROFL yall know who you are from BH. :-*

[quote name="rgz2015" post="859995" timestamp="1285692823"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=73454.msg859992#msg859992 date=1285692357]
You will know...believe me. :D
[/quote]

I get what you mean!  ;) Could you still possibly answer my question about if you are able to see which of your comments was liked or disliked?
[/quote]

As far as I know, there is no way to tell which comments were "+ karma" or "- karma". Sometimes the posters will tell you, but more often not.

Sounds like it will be a good test for Dayton's secondary.  I'll be interested to see what our conditioning looks like against the no huddle. If it's a battle of inches, one way to win the battle is to gang tackle and take your time getting off the ball carrier.  This gives the rest of your defense time to get set and get a little breather.  It also takes more energy for the ball carrier to get up if he first has to remove a couple of defensive players.  You can't be too obvious about it, but little by little, it will give your defense a little more time to recover after each play and it will wear down their skill positions.

[quote name="rgz2015" post="860100" timestamp="1285697294"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=73454.msg860068#msg860068 date=1285695564]
rgz2015- did you see my invite on the Houston Chronicle forms to come visit us or  how did you find us ?  Anyway welcome !
[/quote]

Yes, I did see your invite on the Houston Chronicle forums. I've been to this site before, but I have never gotten my own account. I like to look around and see what people are saying about the upcoming games, so when I saw your invite on the Houston Chronicle forums I thought that there were probably some people on this site that were talking about the upcoming game between Dayton and Galena Park. I decided that I would check it out, but when I came here it seemed that quite a few people didn't know as much about Galena Park this year. I thought that I might as well create an account and give y'all some info.
[/quote] :)

[quote name="rgz2015" post="860100" timestamp="1285697294"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=73454.msg860068#msg860068 date=1285695564]
rgz2015- did you see my invite on the Houston Chronicle forms to come visit us or  how did you find us ?  Anyway welcome !
[/quote]

Yes, I did see your invite on the Houston Chronicle forums. I've been to this site before, but I have never gotten my own account. I like to look around and see what people are saying about the upcoming games, so when I saw your invite on the Houston Chronicle forums I thought that there were probably some people on this site that were talking about the upcoming game between Dayton and Galena Park. I decided that I would check it out, but when I came here it seemed that quite a few people didn't know as much about Galena Park this year. I thought that I might as well create an account and give y'all some info.
[/quote] you should put the word out to the GP fans to come on over and join. its really fun to see what people are saying

I was thinking *glares* *shhh* no comments from the peanut gallery. ::) JK but anyway. I heard that when Dayton was coming back to 19-4A Galena park was the only school that was against it. 1st question is that true? 2nd question if it is true why?

[quote name="Backflipper" post="860181" timestamp="1285703443"]
I remember a few years back when Dayton didn't want to go to Beaumont for travel purposes and tried to appeal the alignment. It wasn't just GP that didn't want Dayton in 19 4A.. There were a few others too.
[/quote]
GP had the key vote to keep Dayton in 19-4A or or give them the boot to the Beaumont district.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="860189" timestamp="1285704642"]
[quote author=Backflipper link=topic=73454.msg860181#msg860181 date=1285703443]
I remember a few years back when Dayton didn't want to go to Beaumont for travel purposes and tried to appeal the alignment. It wasn't just GP that didn't want Dayton in 19 4A.. There were a few others too.
[/quote]
GP had the key vote to keep Dayton in 19-4A or or give them the boot to the Beaumont district.
[/quote]

It is smart to have better teams in your district for rankings. Come 4 teams from the district go to the playoffs so you want to see where you rank against the big boys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83