Dayton @ Galena Park predictions

knightrider

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing thats not being talked about much this week is the fact that Dayton had 4 fumbles again. That's only because BH had about 7 or 8. So the Broncos still have work to do in the turnover department and on the offense as a whole. They had quite a few penalties on offense and special teams.

If they can continue to improve in those areas they [u]should[/u] have no problem with GP.

Dayton by 20 or more (if no turnovers)

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="858988" timestamp="1285600335"]
One thing thats not being talked about much this week is the fact that Dayton had 4 fumbles again. That's only because BH had about 7 or 8. So the Broncos still have work to do in the turnover department and on the offense as a whole. They had quite a few penalties on offense and special teams.

If they can continue to improve in those areas they [u]should[/u] have no problem with GP.

[/quote] PER COACH NATIONS
“We did a better job of limiting turnovers, but we still have to do a much better job,” Nations said. “We’ve made that a focus in practice every day and we’ll continue to do that through the rest of the season.” so they are still very well aware of the importance of holding on to the ball.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="858988" timestamp="1285600335"]

[/quote]

I think the fumbles will be fixed when whoever is carrying the ball starts finishing the run.  Delasbour did a great job at this, he would keep fighting for yards after he was hit.  I noticed that the majority of fumbles happen after contact when the ball carrier quits on the play before the whistle gets blown.  Go hard and everything should fall into place.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="859106" timestamp="1285609413"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=73454.msg858988#msg858988 date=1285600335]

[/quote]

I think the fumbles will be fixed when whoever is carrying the ball starts finishing the run.  Delasbour did a great job at this, he would keep fighting for yards after he was hit.  I noticed that the majority of fumbles happen after contact when the ball carrier quits on the play before the whistle gets blown.  [b]Go hard and everything should fall into place.[/b]
[/quote]

Hey I like that Tyrone! It's sorta my personal philosophy in life. ;) Hope you don't mind, that's my new signature.

Just a hunch.  I have not seen either team play this year, but that whole fumble problem is contagious.  You start thinking too hard about holding onto the ball, then before you know it, you fumble again.  You cant do that and expect to beat a team that already have confidence comming in.  Not trying to stir the pot at all...

[b]Galena Park Team Stats [/b] [i]from Chron.com[/i]

Total yards  First downs  Rushing yards  Yds/Att  Passing yards  Yds/Catch
    1850            77                737            6.58        1113            15.04

[b]Passing [/b]
Name            Comp  Att  Pct    Yds    TD  INT
Andrew Vargas  70  112  62.5  1076  15    5 

[b]Rushing [/b]
Name                  Att  Yds  Yds/Att  TD
Terrence Crowder  69    575    8.33      7 
Brandon Broussard  6      76    12.67    2 

[b]Receiving [/b]
Name                    Rec  Yds  Yds/Catch  TD
Brandon Broussard    15    370      25          2 
Lamont Green          25    336      13          6 
James Gilbert            12    199      17          3 

Watching Julias Peppers last night gave me an idea. I'm dangerous when I get ideas, just ask my wife. :) The Broncos, for the last several years have put their best defensive lineman at nose tackle. I would love to see Mr. Wright crashing in from the outside creating havoc in the bacfield. What would it hurt to move him/them around from time to time (passing downs maybe) to use him more effectively?

Last year when Mr. Hill anchored the middle, Wright was in the backfield nearly every play. Not that he hasn't done some damage from the nose position, because he surely has been a monster. He is just not in the backfield with the regularity he was last season. When you're playing a passing team like Galena Park (or Brenham  ;)) seems to me you'd want to disrupt as many of those plays as possible. Even if it's just to change the timing slightly. Here I go in unchartered waters (coaching) again.  ;D What ya'll think?

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="859752" timestamp="1285674863"]
Watching Julias Peppers last night gave me an idea. I'm dangerous when I get ideas, just ask my wife. :) The Broncos, for the last several years have put their best defensive lineman at nose tackle. I would love to see Mr. Wright crashing in from the outside creating havoc in the bacfield. What would it hurt to move him/them around from time to time (passing downs maybe) to use him more effectively?

Last year when Mr. Hill anchored the middle, Wright was in the backfield nearly every play. Not that he hasn't done some damage from the nose position, because he surely has been a monster. He is just not in the backfield with the regularity he was last season. When you're playing a passing team like Galena Park (or Brenham  ;)) seems to me you'd want to disrupt as many of those plays as possible. Even if it's just to change the timing slightly. Here I go in unchartered waters (coaching) again.  ;D What ya'll think?
[/quote]

My only question would be... who would be the tony Hill, Brent Kimmy, Darrian Wright type that would go to nose and get double or tripled teamed in order to to free Darrian up the way he was last year. It's a good idea... I wouldn't be surprised if this has crossed the coaches minds

Just move him around right before the snap so they don't have time to adjust. I'm not saying move him to tackle permantely, just passing downs or occasionally. I really don't think most high school offensive lines have enough audibles to deal with this sort of thing. The idea is to create confusion and disrupt the play.

And if you're worried about the run, you still have the beast at middle linebacker who you could offset from Wright to keep the middle secure. I don't know, just a thought. Don't go expecting me to work all the kinks out. ;D I'm just a proffesional valve turner.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="859760" timestamp="1285675984"]
[b]Just move him around right before the snap so they don't have time to adjust. I'm not saying move him to tackle permantely, just passing downs or occasionally.[/b] I really don't think most high school offensive lines have enough audibles to deal with this sort of thing. The idea is to create confusion and disrupt the play.

And if you're worried about the run, you still have the beast at middle linebacker who you could offset from Wright to keep the middle secure. I don't know, just a thought. Don't go expecting me to work all the kinks out. ;D I'm just a proffesional valve turner.
[/quote]

I knew what you meant. Darrian is nothing short of a disruption no matter where he is. we've got to get pressure on GP's QB this friday... I bet we'll see some things we haven't seen so far this year.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="859760" timestamp="1285675984"]
Just move him around right before the snap so they don't have time to adjust. I'm not saying move him to tackle permantely, just passing downs or occasionally. I really don't think most high school offensive lines have enough audibles to deal with this sort of thing. The idea is to create confusion and disrupt the play.

[/quote]

If you move him before the play, other teams can audible just as easily.  I think he's good at DT.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="859762" timestamp="1285676354"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=73454.msg859760#msg859760 date=1285675984]

[/quote]

If you move him before the play, other teams can audible just as easily.  I think he's good at DT.
[/quote]

You might be right about the audibles, at least with some of the more advanced offenses. But I still think you get your best pass rusher outside. At least some of the time. Yall don't play Malcom at nose any do ya?

[quote name="dayton" post="859761" timestamp="1285676278"]
[b]Just move him around right before the snap so they don't have time to adjust. I'm not saying move him to tackle permantely, just passing downs or occasionally.[/b] I really don't think most high school offensive lines have enough audibles to deal with this sort of thing. The idea is to create confusion and disrupt the play.

[/quote]

I knew what you meant. Darrian is nothing short of a disruption no matter where he is. we've got to get pressure on GP's QB this friday... I bet we'll see some things we haven't seen so far this year.
[/quote]

I agree Dayton. That's what sparked this idea. Pressure on the QB. Gotta have it, just ask the Texans.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="859764" timestamp="1285676693"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73454.msg859762#msg859762 date=1285676354]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You might be right about the audibles, at least with some of the more advanced offenses. But I still think you get your best pass rusher outside. At least some of the time. Yall don't play Malcom at nose any do ya?
[/quote]

Ya, Malcolm plays DT, and he plays on the OL occasionally, on goal line formations.  If you need a hole or a pile moved, he's the guy.

[quote name="rgz2015" post="859776" timestamp="1285677871"]
Okay I'm new to the site, but I am a big Galena Park fan. First off in this post I will provide all of you with just a little bit of info about GP this year. To start as I'm sure you all know Galena Park is 4-0. So far they have played Magnolia, Houston Sam Rayburn, Sharpstown, and C.E. King. Here's a quick overview about each game which I think may be helpful because many of you have said you don't know that much about GP this year...

Galena Park 35 Magnolia 28- To kick off the season Galena Park played Magnolia in an extremely close game. Galena Park's offense was dominant, and Magnolia could not stop us at all. The reason it was this close is because Galena Park's weakness is their run defense up the middle which is exactly what Magnolia's offense is based around. When it got down to the final drive for Magnolia with about a minute left they needed to hurry up instead of running the ball, so they were forced to turn to the pass. As soon as this happened Galena Park easily shut them down with a blocked pass by the defensive end, a broken up pass, and then to cap it off an interception leaving the Jackets to run out the time.

Galena Park 46 Houston Sam Rayburn 12- In the first quarter GP had a few turnovers and a couple bad plays on defense which led to the Sam Rayburn touchdowns. After this Galena Park's offense stole the show, and the defense shut SR down. That is pretty much the game summary in a nutshell.
[/quote]

Welcome to the site RGZ!. Thanks for the input.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami