The Legend Continues!

According to Tom Halliburton, the JV head coach at PNG, Ryan Cox, has NEVER lost a game and is becoming what some might call a "LEGEND". I'd say he's definitely next in line for a big time head coaching job. Does anyone know his all time record as a head JV coach? I don't care who you are or what level it is, 14 in a row is impressive! Somebody's been doin' some coachin'!

I hope that Cox never leaves PNG. With that record, some school is gonna come callin' though. We better talk to administration about getting him a raise and extending his contract. Otherwise we might not have him next year. Can we do that with a jv coach since he is still a varsity coach? Just wondering.

[quote name="ndnnation" post="854739" timestamp="1285295811"]
I hope that Cox never leaves PNG. With that record, some school is gonna come callin' though. We better talk to administration about getting him a raise and extending his contract. Otherwise we might not have him next year. Can we do that with a jv coach since he is still a varsity coach? Just wondering.
[/quote]I dont know but they better keep him. seems like he developing the future for PNG.

Im not from PNG so correct me if I'm wrong, but my memory tells me that year in year out PNG always does extremely well at the subvarsity level because they have a lot of good kids in the program and I think they may have a higher number of Juniors on JV than most of the 4A programs.  Not being critical because the varsity success speaks for itself.

I think the point is that an undefeated record is an undefeated record. It's hard to win every ballgame no matter what sport you coach or at what level. They have to find a way to keep Coach Cox around!! I don't know if they name him Junior Varsity Athletic Director or what but PNG cannot afford to lose him. I enjoy watching games every Thursday night and the fact that they keep winning will attract more fans and bring all the benifits that comes with that. I was a little skeptical when he was called a "Legend" in the paper but maybe it's true. I'm still curious what his JV record was before PNG. I wonder if anyone could dig that up? If it's even bigger than 14-0 PNG has found a diamond in the rough for sure

The only problem with Winning them all is,When you finally lose [b]one [/b] or have a losing season you are no longer fit to be coaching,you are letting the kids down..No it's the parents and fans that feel let down,The kids if left alone and let the coaches do the coaching will be winners on and off the football field with a good coach...JMO... ;)

My son plays JV at PNG. He has told me that Coach Cox works them hard and expects them to execute to near perfection. THey work hard for him and it shows. I have heard him tell them to do their best and it will show in wins. There are more sophmores than juniors on PNG's JV team. Coach Cox reflects the attitude of the HC Coach Faircloth. Its the players who expect to win ! They put out the efforts in practice and it shows on the field. They are a very talented group and have alot of charisma ! Its very fun watching the JV team play. They give it their all every down.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed