Gary Stelly's Account of Friday Night

WOSgrad

WOW! What a horrible task to have to deliver such awful news and knowing what it was going to do to all those who heard it. I can't imagine how you must have felt having to say those words on the air. Just reading your account of the events I sit here crying again. Tears for a young man I did not personally know but feel as though since his death we have all gotten to know #12. So sad.

Great account...I can not begin to imagine what players,coaches,family, friends, or fans at the game felt, but I played a couple of years in school myself and remember the handshake lines.  Your account brought tears to my eyes for all involved but especially that moment of the two teams embracing.  That had to be moving.

That was a great account, Gary. Your description of the crowd and the reaction is very accurate. I was one of the ones sitting, staring at the field. Part was watching the reactions of those poor kids. Part was just staring in disbelief. I think my old self is still sitting in those stands. This has been so hard to shake and its not letting up.

I was at the Middle School today at the ceremony they had. Listening to Mrs Domas story and Coach Hallman almost made me come unglued. Thanks to all of those who are putting in the extra time to help these kids cope, understand and deal with something that they really shouldn't have to yet.

[quote name="mfd814" post="853886" timestamp="1285195565"]
Thank you for this Gary. I do not know you, but I would hug you. 
[/quote]

Yes, thank you for this Gary.  Because I know you;  there is no way I would hug you. ;D
You have the gift for the written word and with the microphone and on that day you shared and reached out to a community and family that really needed your gift.  Your friend videoguy

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124