Silsbee Tiger Football team to honor Garrett

AggiesAreWe

Class move from the Tigers.

Speaking of that the Jasper Coaches and players showed more class and respect than I have ever seen shown by any team. People in Jasper should be extremely proud of the coaches and players. I know as a WOS fan I am very proud of those boys and men. Thank you for the way you consoled the Mustangs after the game. I can honestly say that the Jasper Bulldogs gained at least one fan Friday night by the way they handled themselves.

[quote name="td" post="851686" timestamp="1284942910"]

Speaking of that the Jasper Coaches and players showed more class and respect than I have ever seen shown by any team. People in Jasper should be extremely proud of the coaches and players. I know as a WOS fan I am very proud of those boys and men. Thank you for the way you consoled the Mustangs after the game. I can honestly say that the Jasper Bulldogs gained at least one fan Friday night by the way they handled themselves.

[/quote]

Well said.  It was obvious when Coach Hooks told the referee and the referee walked across the field to tell Coach Bickham.  It was also obvious that Coach Bickham was shocked with the news.  The Bulldogs were classy and compassionate.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="851829" timestamp="1284953709"]
[quote author=td link=topic=73195.msg851686#msg851686 date=1284942910]

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.
[/quote]

I posted about this on another thread, being on the field and seeing it first hand, the Jasper Team and Coaches looked just as hurt as we were. It showed me tremendous class from Jasper when they were hugging our kids. They too were truly shocked, I could see it in their eyes after the game. I knew when the Jasper fans and coaches found out, their band stoped playing and their whole sideline just went silent. Very classy Jasper. Ive always been a fan of yalls, but now even more.

[quote name="kicker" post="851920" timestamp="1284989856"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=73195.msg851829#msg851829 date=1284953709]

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.
[/quote]

I posted about this on another thread, being on the field and seeing it first hand, the Jasper Team and Coaches looked just as hurt as we were. It showed me tremendous class from Jasper when they were hugging our kids. They too were truly shocked, I could see it in their eyes after the game. I knew when the Jasper fans and coaches found out, their band stoped playing and their whole sideline just went silent. Very classy Jasper. Ive always been a fan of yalls, but now even more.
[/quote]

I called and talked to the Super at Jasper this morning and thanked them for how they consoled our players and coaches. He was appreciative of the phone call and wanted to know if Jasper could do anything to help the healing. I told them they did all they could have posssibly done on Friday night.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="852971" timestamp="1285093359"]
Also, at Tiger Stadium, on top of the hill above the horseshoe seats, 6 flags representing each team from district 21-3A are flown during every home game. The WOS flag will be at half staff for this Friday's game.
[/quote]

Very noble gesture!!!  Thank you, Silsbee!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="852971" timestamp="1285093359"]
Also, at Tiger Stadium, on top of the hill above the horseshoe seats, 6 flags representing each team from district 21-3A are flown during every home game. The WOS flag will be at half staff for this Friday's game.
[/quote]

That is very kind.  The outpouring of support is heart warming.

[quote name="bigred360" post="853730" timestamp="1285180377"]
Silsbee is doing some great things in memory of Reggie Garrett. I'm sure it is appreciated by everyone in Orange.
[/quote]

It is greatly appreciated.  From the tributes on Friday night to the blue ribbons worn by the Silsbee volleyball girls to Katy Adams wearing Reggie's number 12 instead of her usual #8. 

But then again, knowing the people of Silsbee, I am not the least bit surprised.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="853724" timestamp="1285180104"]
Now there is talk that the WOS flag will be the only flag flown Friday night.

I believe that it will be flown half staff with the other flags being flown.
[/quote]

Whatever yall do please take a picture for those of us to see that can't make it there.

At the Silsbee Homecoming bonfire tonight, the senior football players released 12 blue and silver balloons in Reggie's honor and one single maroon balloon to honor Silsbee softball player, Britney Withers who died last spring.  Lots of tears and applause for two great young people that we lost too soon.

[quote name="mactiger" post="854659" timestamp="1285292660"]
At the Silsbee Homecoming bonfire tonight, the senior football players released 12 blue and silver balloons in Reggie's honor and one single maroon balloon to honor Silsbee softball player, Britney Withers who died last spring.  Lots of tears and applause for two great young people that we lost too soon.
[/quote]

Don't if you have a photo available, but I would love to see that.

Thanks from Brits family we were all there to see this it was a very nice thing to see Im sure Brit a Reggie were both watching as the ballons drifted out of sight it was truely great. Thanks very much to the football boys and chereleaders who released them it was something to see

[/quote]
Thank you for the props for Jasper.  But I think Jasper coaches, players and fans were simply doing what came naturally to them.  That was not something they could have specifically prepared for.  I think you would have gotten the same response from any other team and its supporters.  I cannot imagine otherwise.

[quote name="j_dog" post="854779" timestamp="1285297045"]
[/quote]
Thank you for the props for Jasper.  But I think Jasper coaches, players and fans were simply doing what came naturally to them.  That was not something they could have specifically prepared for.  I think you would have gotten the same response from any other team and its supporters.  I cannot imagine otherwise.
[/quote]

Maybe maybe not. I just wanted the people of Jasper to know that they should be proud of the young men. The fact is they did do it. I hope you are right and everyone would do it. Just wanted yall to know we appreciated it. Good luck this weekend. Those boys went through alot last weekend also. I don't want them to be forgotten.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics