Sacked-yards lost              4-27              1-6
Return yards                      0                9
Passes                      34-55-2          24-35-1
Punts                        3-42.3          2-37.5
Fumbles-lost                    2-1              5-3
Penalties-yards                10-67            7-71
Time of possession            30:35            29:25

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="850997" timestamp="1284874689"]
I know that SELA did not have the starting QB but this was still a very big win for LU.  Should be a huge confidence booster and hopefully propel them to a very good first season.
[/quote]
Their QB, I guess a true freshman, played very well, making some pretty passes, receiver in stride.  They protected him very well.  The winning TD was made despite the refs, illegal procedure calls against us that backed us up.  Their blitz rush timing put them off sides each time.
I am still disappointed in our kicking game.  Our kick offs are short and he did miss a FG.  The other punter showed good leg and put a punt in the corner, like you would expect from your punter.

Great win for the Cardinals; the players the coaching staff, the students/alumni/fan's. What a way to come back after SE scored 28 straight points.

Good coaching in the second half by the Cardinals staff.

I read Coach Woodard only has 57 players on scholarship so there will be some room to add players this coming recruiting period.

I hope our kicker gets better or maybe Coach Woodard will have to add a kicker to the list of players he'll sign in the future.

Again great win by the Cardinals!

[quote name="pwdonaldson" post="851066" timestamp="1284905101"]
I'm here to eat crow.  Great win for you guys tonight.  Can't believe we couldn't hold on, but you guys proved you wanted it more, and in the end, deserved it more.  Good luck the rest of the season until I visit you guys as a Sam fan.
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment and best of luck to the Lions the rest of the season. We have been waiting a long time to play SHSU so I hope you have a good time at the game but leave with a loss.  ;D

THE KICKING GAME NEEDS HELP!  IN COLLEGE YOU NEED TO KICK AT LEAST TO THE 5 YARD LINE OR THE END ZONE EVERY KICK OFF IF YOU PLAN TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.  THE KICKER NOW IS NOT CONSISTENT AND HAS A WEAK LEG, NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.  HOPEFULLY THEY HAVE SOMEONE ELSE THEY CAN TURN TO FOR THE SFA GAME OR FUTURE GAMES.  NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THE PUNTER CAN HE KICK OFF?  THEY NEED TO HAVE ANOTHER TRY OUT FOR THAT POSITION TO HELP THE TEAM.
ON ANOTHER NOTE, CONGRATULATIONS CARDS ON A GREAT WIN LAST NIGHT CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK AT SFA. 

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="851727" timestamp="1284946144"]
Rushing yardage concerns me. Is it the line? Is it that we don't have quality backs?
[/quote]

not really a game where LU could rush, being down....and the LU spread aint exactlly runner friendly....being new, I think passing is the great equalizer...

[quote name="99cards" post="851422" timestamp="1284928613"]
THE KICKING GAME NEEDS HELP!  IN COLLEGE YOU NEED TO KICK AT LEAST TO THE 5 YARD LINE OR THE END ZONE EVERY KICK OFF IF YOU PLAN TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.  THE KICKER NOW IS NOT CONSISTENT AND HAS A WEAK LEG, NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.  HOPEFULLY THEY HAVE SOMEONE ELSE THEY CAN TURN TO FOR THE SFA GAME OR FUTURE GAMES.  NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THE PUNTER CAN HE KICK OFF?  THEY NEED TO HAVE ANOTHER TRY OUT FOR THAT POSITION TO HELP THE TEAM.
ON ANOTHER NOTE, CONGRATULATIONS CARDS ON A GREAT WIN LAST NIGHT CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK AT SFA. 

[/quote][quote author=bigred360 link=topic=73143.msg851035#msg851035 date=1284893706]
Great win for the Cardinals; the players the coaching staff, the students/alumni/fan's. What a way to come back after SE scored 28 straight points.

Good coaching in the second half by the Cardinals staff.

I read Coach Woodard only has 57 players on scholarship so there will be some room to add players this coming recruiting period.

I hope our kicker gets better or maybe Coach Woodard will have to add a kicker to the list of players he'll sign in the future.

Again great win by the Cardinals!
[/quote][quote author=bigredfan2 link=topic=73143.msg851023#msg851023 date=1284877328]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=73143.msg850997#msg850997 date=1284874689]
I know that SELA did not have the starting QB but this was still a very big win for LU.  Should be a huge confidence booster and hopefully propel them to a very good first season.
[/quote]
Their QB, I guess a true freshman, played very well, making some pretty passes, receiver in stride.  They protected him very well.  The winning TD was made despite the refs, illegal procedure calls against us that backed us up.  Their blitz rush timing put them off sides each time.
I am still disappointed in our kicking game.  Our kick offs are short and he did miss a FG.  The other punter showed good leg and put a punt in the corner, like you would expect from your punter.
[/quote]

They had the opportunity to sign Taylor Trahan, the kicker from Nederland, and yet, they let him slip through their hands ..... hopefully they can rectify the kicking problems and do it soon.  Congrats Cards on another well played game. Looking forward to SFA game this weekend.  GO CARDINALS !!!!!!

[quote name="99cards" post="851422" timestamp="1284928613"]
THE KICKING GAME NEEDS HELP!   IN COLLEGE YOU NEED TO KICK AT LEAST TO THE 5 YARD LINE OR THE END ZONE EVERY KICK OFF IF YOU PLAN TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.  THE KICKER NOW IS NOT CONSISTENT AND HAS A WEAK LEG, NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.  HOPEFULLY THEY HAVE SOMEONE ELSE THEY CAN TURN TO FOR THE SFA GAME OR FUTURE GAMES.  NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THE PUNTER CAN HE KICK OFF?  THEY NEED TO HAVE ANOTHER TRY OUT FOR THAT POSITION TO HELP THE TEAM.

[/quote]

you sure are screaming alot on multiple threads about the kicker....your son get hosed?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124