Aldine Eisenhower at Dayton Game Thread/Ike Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrone's two cents:

1.  Defense looked like an all state D in the first half and an all county team in the second.  Noticed hands on hips of the front 5 after about 4 minutes had passed in the 3rd quarter.
2.  Tough to figure this one out.  Fumbles cost the team late.  I hope they don't become too fixated on it because I think it is mental. It's like telling your self not to slice and then hitting a banana ball.  It's going to work itself out.

Game Balls:

1. Jakari Delasbour.  Way to run strong and finish off runs.  Good job.
2. Ike QB.  Kid was slippery.
3. Juan Carranco.  Always impressed with the FG's & XP's, but there were a couple of monster punts tonight.

No Balls:

1.  DAYTON FANS.  Cheer for your team.  I'm not a rah-rah type of guy but being at a stadium is a little different than watching from your couch. You can hear the crowd as a player, get up and clap or yell or flash the crowd every now and then, it's good for you.
2. The 4th Quarter.  That's not Bronco football.

Dayton will be all right during district, but these first three were pretty humbling.  Bring on the Old River Shootout.

Lordy, Dayton's offense is not very good, defense plays extremely well the first half, don't know if they get tired or the other team figures them out, or both. It's hard on the dayton fans, we are used to them scoring 21 points a half, they better get a handle on the fumbles.

Hard to BELEIVE, however yes this Pony team is worse than last year.  That still equals a pretty good team, but have many more weaknesses than last year.  Other than the Qb, #1 and # 5, offense is lacking.  Pass defense was weak.  Ike had more team speed than Dayton, which was appearent watching the QB and receivers run around Dayton all night. 

Still say Dayton beats BH because of BH's weaker defense.  If Dayton turns the ball over 3 times Bh will beat them too.  If BH throws the ball, Dayton may have their hands full.

Good luck Dayton in post season, it's war time now. 

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="849912" timestamp="1284781098"]
Guys, if you haven't heard yet, Reggie Garrett, QB of the West Orange-Stark Mustangs, had a seizure of some sort along the sidelines tonight. He was taken to Herman Memorial-Baptist Hospital in Orange where at 9:30 he passed away.
[/quote]
Thats horrible. His family will be in my prayers

[quote name="bh89-2" post="849895" timestamp="1284780666"]
Hard to BELEIVE, however yes this Pony team is worse than last year.  That still equals a pretty good team, but have many more weaknesses than last year.  Other than the Qb, #1 and # 5, offense is lacking.  Pass defense was weak.  Ike had more team speed than Dayton, which was appearent watching the QB and receivers run around Dayton all night. 

Still say Dayton beats BH because of BH's weaker defense.  If Dayton turns the ball over 3 times Bh will beat them too.  If BH throws the ball, Dayton may have their hands full.

Good luck Dayton in post season, it's war time now. 
[/quote]You haven't a clue what your talking about  BH has never played the level of competition Dayton played tonight that team would of put up 60 pts on BH. We will be just fine and your in for a rude awaking  come next week. ;)

Guys, if you haven't heard yet, Reggie Garrett, QB of the West Orange-Stark Mustangs, had a seizure of some sort along the sidelines tonight. He was taken to Herman Memorial-Baptist Hospital in Orange where at 9:30 he passed away.
[/quote]Thats so tragic my heart goes out to his family !

[/quote] OMGOSH that is Horrible Lord Jesus Give this family comfort and understanding..

West Orange-Stark quarterback Reggie Garrett was pronounced dead at Memorial Hermann Baptist-Orange at 9:30 p.m. Friday night, according to hospital spokeswoman Mary Poole.

Garrett arrived at the emergency room at 8:30 p.m.

Poole said an autopsy has been ordered and the death is being investigated.

Garrett collapsed on the sideline soon after he threw his second touchdown pass of the game.

WEST ORANGE, Texas - The West Orange-Stark football team played most of its game Friday with concern for a teammate who collapsed on the sideline and was taken by stretcher to an ambulance midway through the second quarter.

Senior quarterback Reggie Garrett collapsed on the sideline soon after he threw his second touchdown pass of the game.

Garrett did not appear to suffer an injury before he collapsed. WO-S head coach Dan Hooks said Garrett appeared to experience a seizure. Fans clapped and shouted encouragement as medics took Garrett off the field. The game resumed soon after medics put Garrett in an ambulance.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="849712" timestamp="1284777356"]
Wow. This fumbling thing is getting old. 3 games in a row. 4 if you count the fumble that lost the regional game last year.
[/quote]

What he said!
Will NOT win games this way!  They are going to keep "getting their feelings hurt" if they can't figure out how to hold onto the ball- end of story.

[quote name="bubbad" post="850025" timestamp="1284785134"]
West Orange-Stark quarterback Reggie Garrett was pronounced dead at Memorial Hermann Baptist-Orange at 9:30 p.m. Friday night, according to hospital spokeswoman Mary Poole.

Garrett arrived at the emergency room at 8:30 p.m.

Poole said an autopsy has been ordered and the death is being investigated.

Garrett collapsed on the sideline soon after he threw his second touchdown pass of the game.

WEST ORANGE, Texas - The West Orange-Stark football team played most of its game Friday with concern for a teammate who collapsed on the sideline and was taken by stretcher to an ambulance midway through the second quarter.

Senior quarterback Reggie Garrett collapsed on the sideline soon after he threw his second touchdown pass of the game.

Garrett did not appear to suffer an injury before he collapsed. WO-S head coach Dan Hooks said Garrett appeared to experience a seizure. Fans clapped and shouted encouragement as medics took Garrett off the field. The game resumed soon after medics put Garrett in an ambulance.

[/quote]

Sad sad tragedy. My thoughts and prayers for the Garrett family.

Broncos will not win by fumbling, completely blowing pass coverage, and missing open receivers. The team effort is great and it has to be very frustrating to all involved. Put the pre-district games behind you and have a great season!
Reggie Garrett's untimely death is a tragedy and my sympathy and prayers go out to all that were involved in this young man's life. 

Im not sure if it was this board, or another.  But i said that if Dayton didn't play flawless football, that Ike would most certainly win this game.  I ended up attending (Date night was a football game...My wife is awesome.) and noticed that in the third quarter the broncos were getting fatigued and worn down by a very fast and up-tempo Ike offense.

I felt that a fumble pron Dayton offense is 7-14pts less of a team then Ike.    That being said, i don't think either team is very good.  Ike is athletic, and will do what they did to Dayton to most teams that are running multiple players two ways or lack the athletes to line up against them.  You better be very fine-tuned on your execution, because one breakdown against those sort of athletes means a score.

Daytons offense is pitiful, and to my surprise pretty predictable.  Those WR screens were getting really old, and to be honest Ike figured it out in the second half.  If you are going to run those screens, you better run different variations. 

on top of it all, you wont find a better player then James Jones.  IMHO, he is a lot better then Diggs.

[quote name="HUM398" post="850265" timestamp="1284829429"]
Im not sure if it was this board, or another.  But i said that if Dayton didn't play flawless football, that Ike would most certainly win this game.   I ended up attending (Date night was a football game...My wife is awesome.) and noticed that in the third quarter the broncos were getting fatigued and worn down by a very fast and up-tempo Ike offense.

I felt that a fumble pron Dayton offense is 7-14pts less of a team then Ike.    That being said, i don't think either team is very good.   Ike is athletic, and will do what they did to Dayton to most teams that are running multiple players two ways or lack the athletes to line up against them.  You better be very fine-tuned on your execution, because one breakdown against those sort of athletes means a score.

Daytons offense is pitiful, and to my surprise pretty predictable.   Those WR screens were getting really old, and to be honest Ike figured it out in the second half.  If you are going to run those screens, you better run different variations. 

on top of it all, you wont find a better player then James Jones.  IMHO, he is a lot better then Diggs.
[/quote] I love all these back seat drivers that jump on the negative bandwagon after the fact. We dominated your big 5a athletic team for almost 3qts and then got beat by a better team our offense will be just fine we will peak during the play-offs like we always do- show a liitle respect !

"Daytons offense is pitiful, and to my surprise pretty predictable.   Those WR screens were getting really old, and to be honest Ike figured it out in the second half.  If you are going to run those screens, you better run different variations" - HUM398

I don't think the offense has reached the pitiful stage yet. In fact, the running game looked pretty good. The rest of your statement can't be argued against.  

On a side note, do you smile very much HUM398?  You share some of the most negative posts, is it always raining wherever you go?  Try a little positivity every now and then.  I'm also still waiting on the 20 teams in this 4A region that are better than Angleton per your earlier post.

[quote name="jabu84" post="850304" timestamp="1284833238"]
[quote author=bubbad link=topic=73093.msg849907#msg849907 date=1284780965]
Can you say pathetic. Outcoached &out played again
[/quote]
wow I thought I never hear that about about the head ball coach
[/quote]

Honestly, i think teams are catching onto how to play daytons defense... Yall still running that 4-2-5?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476