Central vs. Ozen Predictions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="846873" timestamp="1284429955"]
Soulja Im riding with you on the Jags. They win here and then off to compete with PNG for the district championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote] 8) 8)  Sounds good, but we still have a lot to work on.  We do have the tools.  We will have to play our A game go get a win against Ozen and capitalize on any opportunity to score easy points...

[quote name="SASQUASH22" post="846280" timestamp="1284385847"]
I predicted in one of my previous comments,that both Ozen and Central would get their first wins this past week. Ozen's passing game will pose a problem for the Jags. If the running game improves, look out it could be an Offensive Explosion.

However,Ozen must control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The defense needs to corral Hurd the same way the did K. Duckworth in the Houston Sterling game. Hurd is a legitimate Running Back with great breakaway speed. They must also pressure the young QB # 12 and play tight coverage on # 3 their receiver,he is a threat. He displayed his big play ability by making a great leaping TD catch against Galveston Ball.

Sorry Jags,Ozen wins this one ! Final Score [b]Ozen - 42  Central - 21[/b][/quote]

Wow do we look that bad, Or Ozen Look that Good? I havent seen them play this year yet..

[quote name="D3zii" post="846883" timestamp="1284430502"]
[quote author=SASQUASH22 link=topic=72888.msg846280#msg846280 date=1284385847]
I predicted in one of my previous comments,that both Ozen and Central would get their first wins this past week. Ozen's passing game will pose a problem for the Jags. If the running game improves, look out it could be an Offensive Explosion.

However,Ozen must control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The defense needs to corral Hurd the same way the did K. Duckworth in the Houston Sterling game. Hurd is a legitimate Running Back with great breakaway speed. They must also pressure the young QB # 12 and play tight coverage on # 3 their receiver,he is a threat. He displayed his big play ability by making a great leaping TD catch against Galveston Ball.

Sorry Jags,Ozen wins this one ! Final Score [b]Ozen - 42  Central - 21[/b][/quote]

Wow do we look that bad, Or Ozen Look that Good? I havent seen them play this year yet..
[/quote]Im not gonna lie...  Their speed on defense and Green along ith their talented receivers scare me... But at the same time we have game breakers Heard on offense and Alfred (Huge game vs Ball Saturday) on defense....

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="846880" timestamp="1284430391"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72888.msg846873#msg846873 date=1284429955]
Soulja Im riding with you on the Jags. They win here and then off to [b]compete with PNG for the district championship[/b]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote] 8) 8)  Sounds good, but we still have a lot to work on.  We do have the tools.  We will have to play our A game go get a win against Ozen and capitalize on any opportunity to score easy points...
[/quote]
LOL, you know reading this just hit me like a brick, I certainly hope none of the coaches in district have already crowned PNG district champs. I'm beginning to think the PNG faithful are brainwashing all of us.  :o
Central and everyone else is gonna have to compete week in and week out for district champ, not just [b]P[/b]retty-i[b]N[/b]-[b]G[/b]rape.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="846920" timestamp="1284431739"]
PNG is the reining district champs and looks to be good enough so far to compete again for the district title. Do you agree?
[/quote]I know I'm about to be crucified, BUT, the only game I've seen them in was the Gregory-Portland game. PNG came out of the gate swinging in that game and looked decent offensively, the problem was, the defense let GP back into that game, and yes I know GP is in the AP polls week in and week out. But what I saw defensively from PNG would get them in trouble with a lot of our district teams this year causing them to continuously play come from behind ball. I realize they, like everyone else, are getting better, but like I said before, although a lot of the posters have already seemingly crowned PNG district champs, I hope there are at least 7 other coaches in the area who haven't.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="846990" timestamp="1284434039"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72888.msg846920#msg846920 date=1284431739]
PNG is the reining district champs and looks to be good enough so far to compete again for the district title. Do you agree?
[/quote]I know I'm about to be crucified, BUT, the only game I've seen them in was the Gregory-Portland game. PNG came out of the gate swinging in that game and looked decent offensively, the problem was, the defense let GP back into that game, and yes I know GP is in the AP polls week in and week out. But what I saw defensively from PNG would get them in trouble with a lot of our district teams this year causing them to continuously play come from behind ball. I realize they, like everyone else, are getting better, but like I said before, although a lot of the posters have already seemingly crowned PNG district champs, I hope there are at least 7 other coaches in the area who haven't.
[/quote]

Actually GP hasnt been ranked all year. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="845437" timestamp="1284305380"]
Central improved greatly from week 1 to Week 2.  This game will be if Ozen can stop our running game vs. If we can stop their passing game... Also, how much each team improves from the Bye week.  This one is hard to tell, honestly... I have to go with the homer pick.. Central by 7...  But trust me, this could go either way...  BTW, who is the home team?
[/quote]

I agree, it's gonna be close. Ozen has a lot of speed but I think the Jaquars will cover well and pull through... they always do. I will not be surprised by a Central win. Good luck to both teams.  Central with the win.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="851103" timestamp="1284908662"]
Alright, Bye week is over.  Lets come out and see if we have a new little wrinkle added to get this thing (district run) started right.  IMO, we need to find a way to get to Green early and often to kill their momentem...
[/quote]

Ozen wins this one and I never thought I would say that.  Sorry there Solja, go get some Richard's early so at least your first half of the day will be good.  Gonna be a long night. 

I also wish that they would play this game later in the season and not the District opener.  It's such an emotional rivalry that the loser could be back on their heels and not recover by the next game.  However, we can't change that this year.

Overall, based upon games played against a common opponent (West Brook & PA Memorial), Ozen has looked much better than Central, especially from an offensive perspective.  Ozen has also shown quick strike capability.

[b]Keys to a Central win:[/b]
[list]
[*]Run offense out of the I formation and use screens and play action to keep Ozen off balance.
Contain Ozen QB Green.  Keep him in the pocket.
Don't self destruct as they did against West Brook and PA Memorial
[*]
[/list]

[b]Keys to an Ozen win:[/b]
[list]
[*]Spread the field and get the ball into the hands of Nelson (Receiver screen, reverse, and deep post)
Stop the Central running game.
[*]
[/list]

Offensive edge - Ozen
Defensive edge - Even
Special Teams - Ozen

[b]Prediction: Ozen by 12[/b]

[quote name="atb63" post="852220" timestamp="1285008850"]
I also wish that they would play this game later in the season and not the District opener.  It's such an emotional rivalry that the loser could be back on their heels and not recover by the next game.  However, we can't change that this year.

Overall, based upon games played against a common opponent (West Brook & PA Memorial), Ozen has looked much better than Central, especially from an offensive perspective.  Ozen has also shown quick strike capability.

[b]Keys to a Central win:[/b]
[list]
[*]Run offense out of the I formation and use screens and play action to keep Ozen off balance.
Contain Ozen QB Green.  Keep him in the pocket.
Don't self destruct as they did against West Brook and PA Memorial
[*]
[/list]

[b]Keys to an Ozen win:[/b]
[list]
[*]Spread the field and get the ball into the hands of Nelson (Receiver screen, reverse, and deep post)
Stop the Central running game.
[*]
[/list]

Offensive edge - Ozen
Defensive edge - Even
Special Teams - Ozen

[b]Prediction: Ozen by 12[/b]
[/quote]Great analysis.  Really.  I just hope that our weak points are improved upon during district. That way, we can play Jag football and get this W.

Offense

running game - Central

Passing game - Ozen

QB - Ozen

Offensive line - Central

Defense

Run defense - Ozen (by a slight edge)

Pass defense - Ozen

Sideline to sideline - Ozen

Run stopers up the middle - Central

Intimidation factor - Central

If we were factoring this in from what we seen before the bye week, Ozen on paper is the favorate.  But 2 weeks of preparation by both teams could make this 'ol thing @ the Butch VERY interesting... 8) 8)

Ive seen both teams play and watched both of them lose to the same teams with that being said i didnt see either team in their winning performances. so judging what i have seen i give the edge to ozen. Both teams have young qbs and both are athletic and quick. From a throwing aspect i give the edge to ozen, the scrambling ability i also give ozen the edge, but as the best player the edge goes to centrals qb because he should and probably could go both ways, he can surely deliver the wood. Wide receivers edge goes to ozen also.  Defense got to go with central, special teams is a toss up, not really sure. Final analysis, Ozen gets the win 28-10 , sorry soulja just think ozen gets this one against the jags. Good luck to both teams and lets get ready to rumble, first week matchups are all good ones, sorry to say that either lumberton or lcm gets their first loss who will it be? Just about everyone has written off png  because of their defense, well the offense if it gets clicking is more than up to the task of knocking off anyone in this district, and that is the truth, just got to hope the coach gets a little more aggressive and not have a mental lapse late in the game. 3 pts is all that has png from being 3-0 also, but i like the 1- 2 it should have them mad and ready to prove a point , cant wait to see what the pretty in grampe  as ole gramps calls us puts lumberton back into reality when they come face to face. NED and vidor will be a battle of the bad colors matchup, see nederland getting the win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami