How did your coach fix fumble-itis?

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="844638" timestamp="1284232458"]
When I played the whole team got 200 yards of rolls per turnover. (Rolls= Full sprint, whistle blows, somersault, full sprint...repeat. Most effective in wet morning grass)
[/quote]
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

oh how do I remember doing this on a saturday

I read Jimmy Johnson's book, "Turning the Thing Around" years ago and he mentioned that when he had a kid prone to fumbling he never told him " do not fumble" before going out on the field. He would say " hold on to the ball". He was a Psychology major in college and his philosophy was always positive reinforcement. Sometimes when you fumble you worry to much about it was his philosophy I gathered. Anyway just a thought.

[quote name="bcjag10" post="845204" timestamp="1284259249"]
coach would have the fumble prone player carry the ball all week. and dare another player bring him the ball. If another player brought him the ball the fumbler had heck to pay. So he had to fight his but off to keep that ball all week.
[/quote]

Exactly what I was gonna say!

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="844638" timestamp="1284232458"]
When I played the whole team got 200 yards of rolls per turnover. (Rolls= Full sprint, whistle blows, somersault, full sprint...repeat. Most effective in wet morning grass)
[/quote]  Didn't make it to the game - what player(s) fumbled and under what circumstances - did they get the crap knocked out of them or was it mental miss- Q's  !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="845511" timestamp="1284315833"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72849.msg844638#msg844638 date=1284232458]
[/quote]  Didn't make it to the game - what player(s) fumbled and under what circumstances - did they get the crap knocked out of them or was it mental miss- Q's  !
[/quote]

Mostly mental.  I try not to call out specific players because they are just kids.  It wasn't just one player with the dropsies in the dayton game though, coughing up the ball was definitely a team effort.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami