Aldine Ike @ Dayton predictions

knightrider

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="845502" timestamp="1284314763"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=72829.msg845467#msg845467 date=1284307790]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=72829.msg845450#msg845450 date=1284306531]
Dayton should beat Ike easily. Ike has no defense whatsoever, and cant stop the pass. Their QB is very mobile, and is very fast in the open field. If you can shut him down, you shouldn't have much problem.
[/quote]that's not the problem, slippery balls is the problem right now lol :o
[/quote]

Yep, got to watch out for those slippery balls.
[/quote] Uh huh slippery balls...Still think Stewart should make them carry footballs all week and carry them close and tightly

[quote name="octfeb" post="845525" timestamp="1284317137"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72829.msg845502#msg845502 date=1284314763]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=72829.msg845467#msg845467 date=1284307790]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=72829.msg845450#msg845450 date=1284306531]
Dayton should beat Ike easily. Ike has no defense whatsoever, and cant stop the pass. Their QB is very mobile, and is very fast in the open field. If you can shut him down, you shouldn't have much problem.
[/quote]that's not the problem, slippery balls is the problem right now lol :o
[/quote]

Yep, got to watch out for those slippery balls.
[/quote] Uh huh slippery balls...Still think Stewart should make them carry footballs all week and carry them close and tightly
[/quote]yup

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="845226" timestamp="1284260369"]
I will have the highlight video posted tomorrow.
Couldn't get everything done today.

I will post all the 1st half Bronco defensive plays, it was very impressive, until...

Lots of teams are off next week, hopefully they will show up in Dayton and watch the Broncos battle IKE.
[/quote]

ill be there

[quote name="knightrider" post="846349" timestamp="1284390654"]
all you jefferson, orange, and mid county teams that are off, come sit in bronco stadium friday night. plenty of room. love to have yall there wearing yalls colors.  ;)
[/quote]

I'm not from any of those counties, but i'll be there in my Brenham gear!  Even gonna break out my green shoes for y'all!  I love seeing a fellow 4A school put it on a 5A school.  ;) ;D Go Broncos! (that sounds a little weird coming from me, lol, but until the playoffs... i'm pulling for y'all)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="846366" timestamp="1284392417"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=72829.msg846349#msg846349 date=1284390654]
all you jefferson, orange, and mid county teams that are off, come sit in bronco stadium friday night. plenty of room. love to have yall there wearing yalls colors.  ;)
[/quote]

I'm not from any of those counties, but i'll be there in my Brenham gear!  Even gonna break out my green shoes for y'all!  I love seeing a fellow 4A school put it on a 5A school.  ;) ;D Go Broncos! (that sounds a little weird coming from me, lol, but until the playoffs... i'm pulling for y'all)
[/quote]i'll be sitting in the handicapped section. would like to meet you brenhamfan. hope we get to meet in the play-offs ::)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="846366" timestamp="1284392417"]
[/quote]

[/quote] Everything was good til the part about the green shoes ! :P

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="846453" timestamp="1284401459"]
Lol.  Ya, they might be just what y'all need to get y'all back on track... ;) You don't wanna enter district winless like our friends from Crosby do you?  Do you? Lol   I'm just jk, giving you Crosby folks a hard time. :D
[/quote]got plenty of cowbirds to go around here  :D :D :D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="846414" timestamp="1284397203"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72829.msg846366#msg846366 date=1284392417]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm sorry but even a die hard Lumberton fan like me will never be caught wearing Columbian Blue shoe.  :P

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="846972" timestamp="1284433343"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=72829.msg846414#msg846414 date=1284397203]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72829.msg846366#msg846366 date=1284392417]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm sorry but even a die hard Lumberton fan like me will never be caught wearing Columbian Blue shoe.  :P
[/quote]

Y'all just wait, their good luck.  Maybe they'll work for Dayton too... Lol ;) :D

[quote name="7mary3" post="846345" timestamp="1284390299"]
Cannot stand the "if" Dayton would hang on to the ball talk....probably gonna make my fellow Dayton brother's mad but if Dayton doesn't find their offense then it's going to be a long season, period.  Hopefully they'll get it going this week.
[/quote]
It doesn't make me mad to hear the truth. You are right keem-o-sabee. I saw signs of improvement against Angleton but then the fumbles started. We did move the ball pretty well in the first half. We didn't have the ball much in the second half. Good job by Angleton.

I thought the sophmore running back did a good job but he is small. The Broncos have to go back to Jakari at RB. He is the most explosive player on the field. He is big, strong, and very, very fast. He just has to get over the fumblitits.

I'm thinking we start to see a much improved offense on Friday. Broncos by a TD.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="847080" timestamp="1284463709"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=72829.msg846345#msg846345 date=1284390299]
Cannot stand the "if" Dayton would hang on to the ball talk....probably gonna make my fellow Dayton brother's mad but if Dayton doesn't find their offense then it's going to be a long season, period.  Hopefully they'll get it going this week.
[/quote]
It doesn't make me mad to hear the truth. You are right keem-o-sabee. I saw signs of improvement against Angleton but then the fumbles started. We did move the ball pretty well in the first half. We didn't have the ball much in the second half. Good job by Angleton.

I thought the sophmore running back did a good job but he is small. The Broncos have to go back to Jakari at RB. He is the most explosive player on the field. He is big, strong, and very, very fast. He just has to get over the fumblitits.

I'm thinking we start to see a much improved offense on Friday. Broncos by a TD.
[/quote]Agree - Jakari  needs to be the go to man with some experience under his belt he will be a game changer like Payton Ploch was last year.

It's a mind game and as soon as #1 gets w/the program on a serious note and puts up a solid 150 yd.game he'll be the spark to get em moving.Until we'll see multiple backs.Noboby has said 1 word about reversing #54  number to 45 and moving him in the slot.Great move by Coach Stewart.Could we see #45 in the backfield inside the red zone?Ya'll talk about little w/the youngster moved up to varsity remember last yrs.small back and the days of John Gable.This kid has some moves/wheels for a soph.w/pretty good hands.Anybody know how long Tousant's injury will keep him sidelined?

[quote name="liltex" post="847160" timestamp="1284475870"]
It's a mind game and as soon as #1 gets w/the program on a serious note and puts up a solid 150 yd.game he'll be the spark to get em moving.Until we'll see multiple backs.Noboby has said 1 word about reversing #54  number to 45 and moving him in the slot.Great move by Coach Stewart.Could we see #45 in the backfield inside the red zone?Ya'll talk about little w/the youngster moved up to varsity remember last yrs.small back and the days of John Gable.This kid has some moves/wheels for a soph.w/pretty good hands.[b]Anybody know how long Tousant's injury will keep him sidelined?[/b][/quote]

Initially, I'd heard 2 weeks or so.... I coulda swore I saw him play a few snaps against Angleton though. On another thread, someone mentioned Rip not playing and i told them he had switched to #45... I missed the part where they put him in the slot though.. that's cool. Between my 2 year old and leaving early, I missed a bunch. ;) I'll bet we do see him in the red zone this year. His dad was a bruising back in HS right??

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="847229" timestamp="1284481324"]
Brenham I know your just picking but don't worry about Crosby. We will be just fine in District play, just need to iron out some problems. A few kids have been moved around. Hopefully that takes care of the issues. 2 weeks will tell.
[/quote]

Ya, i'm pretty sure y'all will be ok.  You're right, I was just kidding around.  Last time I talked to coach Flanigan, he seemed pretty confident about district play.  19-4A seems to be down this year.

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="847229" timestamp="1284481324"]
Brenham I know your just picking but don't worry about Crosby. We will be just fine in District play, just need to iron out some problems. A few kids have been moved around. Hopefully that takes care of the issues. 2 weeks will tell.
[/quote]

Not to hijack a thread, so Good luck Dayton.

Now, Crosby seems to have the same problem every year.  I watch them a lot and they always have 2 or 3 key players who seem to give 1/2 or less effort day-in and day-out.  Some of these kids make you say WOW when they line up, then the ball is snapped and they just falter.  Crosby should be much better than they are, but someone has to light the fire under their tails.  The PNG game was and example of horrible effort.

P.S. Good luck Dayton

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics