Kirbyville vs. BC Predictions?

KFDM COOP

One thing I have to say is look what Kirbyville did to a 1,700 yd back from last yr.  Bennett from Newton is who I am refering to.  13-73 yards!  No knock on the kid because I haven't seen a kid hit the hole as hard as he does in some time and that includes Ford!  Talk about a HARD runner.  Trust me when I say that BC doesn't have anything that Kirbyville hasn't seen already.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="848328" timestamp="1284603601"]
The Cardinals [b]will[/b] score 3 TD's, but Kirbyville's a little too much as they score 5.

The Kirbyville fans will be on the site Saturday, "Come to think about it, we might could find a spot for that Menard kid on this team"
[/quote]

Easy what you say there admin.  They'll get after you for that one little word!  ;)

Re: Kirbyville vs. BC Predictions?
« Reply #132 on: Today at 05:22:26 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K-ville's Ford - Is he good? They have already named a car and a president after him. Enough said.

This is chevy country on quiet nite you can hear a ford rust.

[quote name="BRAGADE187" post="848454" timestamp="1284648513"]
Re: Kirbyville vs. BC Predictions?
« Reply #132 on: Today at 05:22:26 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K-ville's Ford - Is he good? They have already named a car and a president after him. Enough said.

This is chevy country on quiet nite you can hear a ford rust.
[/quote]

Yep we know...When I first heard that one..I almost kicked a slat out of my crib... ;D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="848347" timestamp="1284606429"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848317#msg848317 date=1284602575]Bennett from Newton is who I am refering to.  13-73 yards! [/quote] 

5.6 YPC... Looks like they should have kept giving it to him.
[/quote]

Look up what he did last yr against Kirbyville and you will see my point.  He ran for about 175 against Kirbyville.  BC hasn't seen a defense this good.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="848488" timestamp="1284652372"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=72808.msg848347#msg848347 date=1284606429]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848317#msg848317 date=1284602575]Bennett from Newton is who I am refering to.  13-73 yards! [/quote] 

5.6 YPC... Looks like they should have kept giving it to him.
[/quote]

Look up what he did last yr against Kirbyville and you will see my point.  He ran for about 175 against Kirbyville.  BC hasn't seen a defense this good.
[/quote]

im sorry, you need to clarify your statement better...
if anyone puts up 175 rushing yards solo on anyones defense, it'd be safe to say that the defense needs alot of work...

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="848678" timestamp="1284670419"]

if anyone puts up 175 rushing yards solo on anyones defense, it'd be safe to say that the defense needs alot of work...
[/quote]

Read the entire thread again and you will see what I am talking about.

He (Bennett) ran for 175 last yr against Kirbyville and this yr Kirbyville held him to 73.  He was a 1,700 yard back last yr.  It's all in the debate about the QB for BC.  This is all talked about in the previous posts on this thread.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="848086" timestamp="1284578086"]
[quote author=Anafanatic link=topic=72808.msg848065#msg848065 date=1284576110]

Well I've already stated I think y'all will win...however, if you're going to base this on who did what to who then keep an eye on Orangefield / Coldspring game - and you better hope the Trojans run all over 'em after the Bobcats squeaked by a mostly Jonesless EC team...otherwise people will think the wildcats aren't as strong as they [u]always[/u] claim to be...  ;) ;D
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying and know that you think Kville will win but you want to compare also so I will keep going.  How does Sheppard look???  Do you wan to compare them to Coldspring?  Not even close.  In all it's apples and oranges but I can promise you that Kirbyville isn't overlooking BC.  Both teams will be prepared.  [b]As for you last comment Anahuac knows how good Kville is! ;D[/b]
[/quote]

It's nice to know you always have a warm-up game with a solid team before going to State, right?  Heck we played one helluva 1st half against yall last season...2nd half was a different story.  Why the Shepherd comment, we didn't play them, did the Trojans?

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="848716" timestamp="1284674592"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848086#msg848086 date=1284578086]

Well I've already stated I think y'all will win...however, if you're going to base this on who did what to who then keep an eye on Orangefield / Coldspring game - and you better hope the Trojans run all over 'em after the Bobcats squeaked by a mostly Jonesless EC team...otherwise people will think the wildcats aren't as strong as they [u]always[/u] claim to be...  ;) ;D
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying and know that you think Kville will win but you want to compare also so I will keep going.  How does Sheppard look???  Do you wan to compare them to Coldspring?  Not even close.  In all it's apples and oranges but I can promise you that Kirbyville isn't overlooking BC.  Both teams will be prepared.  [b]As for you last comment Anahuac knows how good Kville is! ;D[/b]
[/quote]

It's nice to know you always have a warm-up game with a solid team before going to State, right?  Heck we played one helluva 1st half against yall last season...2nd half was a different story.  Why the Shepherd comment, we didn't play them, did the Trojans?
[/quote]

Bridge City played them...

[quote name="Lefty99" post="848696" timestamp="1284672492"]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=72808.msg848678#msg848678 date=1284670419]

[/quote]

He (Bennett) ran for 175 last yr against Kirbyville and this yr Kirbyville held him to 73.  He was a 1,700 yard back last yr.  It's all in the debate about the QB for BC.  This is all talked about in the previous posts on this thread.
[/quote]

yeah, idk what i was thinking when i read that post...
and does he have the whole O-Line back from last year?

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="848792" timestamp="1284684083"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848696#msg848696 date=1284672492]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=72808.msg848678#msg848678 date=1284670419]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah, idk what i was thinking when i read that post...
and does he have the whole O-Line back from last year?
[/quote]

From what I can remember he has the majority of the line back but Kville also lost some key defensive players to graduation so it just about evened out.  2nd yr under W.T. (D-Coordinator) is paying off big time.  The defense is playing better than I have seen it since Kirbyville has turned the program around.  FYI, coach Johnston was the coordinator in Newton for quite some time until he went to Kirbyville. 

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="848716" timestamp="1284674592"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848086#msg848086 date=1284578086]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They did put up a good fight last year.  I knew it was only a matter of time before D. Barbay got things going in the right direction down there. 

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="SetxFootball" post="848990" timestamp="1284694512"]
Like jv like varsity  8)
[/quote]

Varsity

Kville Jv  14        Kville  41
Newton JV 38      Newton 6

Kville Jv 8          Kville 39
Vidor Jv 34        Vidor  7

I would find another stat to prove my point if I was you!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="849005" timestamp="1284696467"]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=72808.msg848990#msg848990 date=1284694512]
Like jv like varsity  8)
[/quote]

Varsity

Kville Jv  14         Kville  41

Kville Jv 8           Kville 39
Vidor Jv 34         Vidor  7

[/quote]

He might have been talking about BC's JV & varsity, both undefeated.

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="849012" timestamp="1284697529"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=72808.msg849005#msg849005 date=1284696467]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=72808.msg848990#msg848990 date=1284694512]
Like jv like varsity  8)
[/quote]

Varsity

Kville Jv  14         Kville  41

Kville Jv 8           Kville 39
Vidor Jv 34         Vidor  7

[/quote]

He might have been talking about BC's JV & varsity, both undefeated.
[/quote]

And they still are...Kirbyville lost both games..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics