Kirbyville vs. BC Predictions?

KFDM COOP

One thing I have to say is look what Kirbyville did to a 1,700 yd back from last yr.  Bennett from Newton is who I am refering to.  13-73 yards!  No knock on the kid because I haven't seen a kid hit the hole as hard as he does in some time and that includes Ford!  Talk about a HARD runner.  Trust me when I say that BC doesn't have anything that Kirbyville hasn't seen already.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="848328" timestamp="1284603601"]
The Cardinals [b]will[/b] score 3 TD's, but Kirbyville's a little too much as they score 5.

The Kirbyville fans will be on the site Saturday, "Come to think about it, we might could find a spot for that Menard kid on this team"
[/quote]

Easy what you say there admin.  They'll get after you for that one little word!  ;)

Re: Kirbyville vs. BC Predictions?
« Reply #132 on: Today at 05:22:26 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K-ville's Ford - Is he good? They have already named a car and a president after him. Enough said.

This is chevy country on quiet nite you can hear a ford rust.

[quote name="BRAGADE187" post="848454" timestamp="1284648513"]
Re: Kirbyville vs. BC Predictions?
« Reply #132 on: Today at 05:22:26 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K-ville's Ford - Is he good? They have already named a car and a president after him. Enough said.

This is chevy country on quiet nite you can hear a ford rust.
[/quote]

Yep we know...When I first heard that one..I almost kicked a slat out of my crib... ;D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="848347" timestamp="1284606429"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848317#msg848317 date=1284602575]Bennett from Newton is who I am refering to.  13-73 yards! [/quote] 

5.6 YPC... Looks like they should have kept giving it to him.
[/quote]

Look up what he did last yr against Kirbyville and you will see my point.  He ran for about 175 against Kirbyville.  BC hasn't seen a defense this good.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="848488" timestamp="1284652372"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=72808.msg848347#msg848347 date=1284606429]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848317#msg848317 date=1284602575]Bennett from Newton is who I am refering to.  13-73 yards! [/quote] 

5.6 YPC... Looks like they should have kept giving it to him.
[/quote]

Look up what he did last yr against Kirbyville and you will see my point.  He ran for about 175 against Kirbyville.  BC hasn't seen a defense this good.
[/quote]

im sorry, you need to clarify your statement better...
if anyone puts up 175 rushing yards solo on anyones defense, it'd be safe to say that the defense needs alot of work...

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="848678" timestamp="1284670419"]

if anyone puts up 175 rushing yards solo on anyones defense, it'd be safe to say that the defense needs alot of work...
[/quote]

Read the entire thread again and you will see what I am talking about.

He (Bennett) ran for 175 last yr against Kirbyville and this yr Kirbyville held him to 73.  He was a 1,700 yard back last yr.  It's all in the debate about the QB for BC.  This is all talked about in the previous posts on this thread.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="848086" timestamp="1284578086"]
[quote author=Anafanatic link=topic=72808.msg848065#msg848065 date=1284576110]

Well I've already stated I think y'all will win...however, if you're going to base this on who did what to who then keep an eye on Orangefield / Coldspring game - and you better hope the Trojans run all over 'em after the Bobcats squeaked by a mostly Jonesless EC team...otherwise people will think the wildcats aren't as strong as they [u]always[/u] claim to be...  ;) ;D
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying and know that you think Kville will win but you want to compare also so I will keep going.  How does Sheppard look???  Do you wan to compare them to Coldspring?  Not even close.  In all it's apples and oranges but I can promise you that Kirbyville isn't overlooking BC.  Both teams will be prepared.  [b]As for you last comment Anahuac knows how good Kville is! ;D[/b]
[/quote]

It's nice to know you always have a warm-up game with a solid team before going to State, right?  Heck we played one helluva 1st half against yall last season...2nd half was a different story.  Why the Shepherd comment, we didn't play them, did the Trojans?

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="848716" timestamp="1284674592"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848086#msg848086 date=1284578086]

Well I've already stated I think y'all will win...however, if you're going to base this on who did what to who then keep an eye on Orangefield / Coldspring game - and you better hope the Trojans run all over 'em after the Bobcats squeaked by a mostly Jonesless EC team...otherwise people will think the wildcats aren't as strong as they [u]always[/u] claim to be...  ;) ;D
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying and know that you think Kville will win but you want to compare also so I will keep going.  How does Sheppard look???  Do you wan to compare them to Coldspring?  Not even close.  In all it's apples and oranges but I can promise you that Kirbyville isn't overlooking BC.  Both teams will be prepared.  [b]As for you last comment Anahuac knows how good Kville is! ;D[/b]
[/quote]

It's nice to know you always have a warm-up game with a solid team before going to State, right?  Heck we played one helluva 1st half against yall last season...2nd half was a different story.  Why the Shepherd comment, we didn't play them, did the Trojans?
[/quote]

Bridge City played them...

[quote name="Lefty99" post="848696" timestamp="1284672492"]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=72808.msg848678#msg848678 date=1284670419]

[/quote]

He (Bennett) ran for 175 last yr against Kirbyville and this yr Kirbyville held him to 73.  He was a 1,700 yard back last yr.  It's all in the debate about the QB for BC.  This is all talked about in the previous posts on this thread.
[/quote]

yeah, idk what i was thinking when i read that post...
and does he have the whole O-Line back from last year?

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="848792" timestamp="1284684083"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848696#msg848696 date=1284672492]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=72808.msg848678#msg848678 date=1284670419]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah, idk what i was thinking when i read that post...
and does he have the whole O-Line back from last year?
[/quote]

From what I can remember he has the majority of the line back but Kville also lost some key defensive players to graduation so it just about evened out.  2nd yr under W.T. (D-Coordinator) is paying off big time.  The defense is playing better than I have seen it since Kirbyville has turned the program around.  FYI, coach Johnston was the coordinator in Newton for quite some time until he went to Kirbyville. 

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="848716" timestamp="1284674592"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=72808.msg848086#msg848086 date=1284578086]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They did put up a good fight last year.  I knew it was only a matter of time before D. Barbay got things going in the right direction down there. 

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="SetxFootball" post="848990" timestamp="1284694512"]
Like jv like varsity  8)
[/quote]

Varsity

Kville Jv  14        Kville  41
Newton JV 38      Newton 6

Kville Jv 8          Kville 39
Vidor Jv 34        Vidor  7

I would find another stat to prove my point if I was you!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="849005" timestamp="1284696467"]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=72808.msg848990#msg848990 date=1284694512]
Like jv like varsity  8)
[/quote]

Varsity

Kville Jv  14         Kville  41

Kville Jv 8           Kville 39
Vidor Jv 34         Vidor  7

[/quote]

He might have been talking about BC's JV & varsity, both undefeated.

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="849012" timestamp="1284697529"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=72808.msg849005#msg849005 date=1284696467]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=72808.msg848990#msg848990 date=1284694512]
Like jv like varsity  8)
[/quote]

Varsity

Kville Jv  14         Kville  41

Kville Jv 8           Kville 39
Vidor Jv 34         Vidor  7

[/quote]

He might have been talking about BC's JV & varsity, both undefeated.
[/quote]

And they still are...Kirbyville lost both games..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
    • UNC wins in 10.  Great game.  
  • Topics