Trinity at Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins

WOSgrad

well it was not pretty but it s a W and that is all that counted. Evadale only had 2 good off. playes but that was enough to score the only TD of the night. Off. is still struggling and had 0 passing yards, again droped pass hurt, but with 2 long runs back to back was all they needed. And again the def. stepped up  at the end of the game in their end of the field with the endzone at their back and shut Trinity down 4 plays. Good job boys, and some one owes me a steak ;D ;D

Its still killing me to see the bigest kid on the field for Evadale standing on the sideline as a backup tightend , when the QB is getting killed from the back side and the left guard is getting beat everyplay. If your getting beat on ever pass play you have to at lease keep a back in to help pick up the rush. I was on here last week saying that the QB needed to make all his reads before taking off running, this week he did not have time to make the first read. He never had time to look down the field. The D-end was in the back field more than the fullback. Great job by the defence but its time for the offence to stepup and take some of the pressure off. Things dont get any easyier this week , because Colmesneil will be looking for pay back for the loss last year.

Guest baseball25
Trueblue, when are you going to start getting the hint, all you do is sulk if your kid isn't playing, you did it at evadale, ec, and now your back a evadale again.

In True Blue's defense(I can't believe I am doing this ;D) he is not talking about his son. His son is a starting wide reciever, not tight end on offense, and a starting conerback on defense.

Some of us know exactly who he is talking about, but I personally am good with how the coaches are handling this.

The Rebels defeated a good team last night. The Trinity roster had about five players of 250+. In speaking to the radio guy who broadcast the game he said that the Tiger defense was very quick. The Rebels had 251 yards rushing last night on 44 carries a 6 yard average per play! Take out the fumbles and I believe that the game is not really close. The Rebel defense had held the Tigers to 10 yards of offense at the end of the 3rd quarter and only allowed 120 for the game. Those are the Maxpreps stats.

The team is 3-0. They have won 20 regular season games in a row dating back to 2008. They have two shutouts. They have two "w's" over 2A schools. They are positioned to run the table again (yes, they have to play every one of them on the schedule, but they are 3-0), the team played solid and won.

The Rebels will not likely face a team as quick as Trinity between now and the playoffs and as conditioning continues to improve and the tempatures get cooler things will only look better and better for the team. All the Rebels do is keep winning and that is fine with me! 

[quote name="baseball25" post="844577" timestamp="1284227341"]
Trueblue, when are you going to start getting the hint, all you do is sulk if your kid isn't playing, you did it at evadale, ec, and now your back a evadale again.
[/quote]I cant believe that agg is on my side but he is right this time. My son does start at wideout. He is 6'7'' but he only 165 that will never make it on the O line. The kid I and talking is 6'3'' and 250 ,That is a guard dream size, big and strong with good feet.  With him on the line and the starting tightend at 6'3'' 240 and the big fullback all on the field at the same time they could run on anyone. I know that they will blow throw dist. playing just like they are now , but I would like to see them go more than one and done in the playoffs. Who realy cares if you go undefeated in dist. if you get blew out in the first playoff game.

Good defensive effort by the Rebs.  I give em a B- on the offensive side of the ball.
I've heard lots of folks say and I agree, the QB is a stud but he better start handing, pitching, tossing and throwing the ball.  He plays hard and gives 100% all game long.  But he can't hold up running the ball as much as he does.  A good defense will kill him.  At least let him rest when the Rebs or on defense.    JMO

[quote name="whambulance" post="845915" timestamp="1284344293"]
Good defensive effort by the Rebs.  I give em a B- on the offensive side of the ball.
I've heard lots of folks say and I agree, the QB is a stud but he better start handing, pitching, tossing and throwing the ball.  He plays hard and gives 100% all game long.  But he can't hold up running the ball as much as he does.  A good defense will kill him.  At least let him rest when the Rebs or on defense.    JMO
[/quote]Man I cant believe this ;D but I agree with you ;D. They need to give the kid a break on the Def. side. He played linebacker last year, and was in ever play. So they moved him to strong safety this year and all that did was to give him a 5 yard head start to hit someone. The kid plays all out on ever play that he is on the field. So the only way to keep him from hiting some one is to have him on the side line.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476