FBS requirements

UNLV

[quote name="smith" post="840508" timestamp="1283803730"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=72544.msg840293#msg840293 date=1283779021]
That said...when I said DI, I meant FBS..I just don't like the whole FBS, FCS crap. Lamar is, for all intent and purposes, still a DI-AA school, not DI (regardless of whether it's called FCS or DI-AA...you know what I mean). I'm still living in the past on that one...ha! And waiting for the day the BCS collapses (it's coming) and we return to the original labels.

[/quote]
I don't like the FBS FCS stuff either and think the DI-AA and DI-A is more descriptive for the football subdivisions for DI.  But I understand why they changed the name.  To many people "out of the know" were getting DI-AA confused with Division II  
[/quote]Many DII schools are better than the average FCS school. Ask UCA...

[quote name="UNLV" post="840814" timestamp="1283823667"]Many DII schools are better than the average FCS school. Ask UCA...[/quote]

See looser academic restrictions...

Football is one of the few Div II sports where there's not much disparity as far as scholarships are concerned. In most other sports, the discrepancy is minimal and in the low-major levels, the budget disparity (if any) is not great...

I think Mississippi Valley State's current budget is No. 130 of the Div II schools. I'm sure most Div II schools fund their sports with more scholarships than that Div I school as well.

[quote name="UNLV" post="840814" timestamp="1283823667"]
[quote author=smith link=topic=72544.msg840508#msg840508 date=1283803730]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=72544.msg840293#msg840293 date=1283779021]
That said...when I said DI, I meant FBS..I just don't like the whole FBS, FCS crap. Lamar is, for all intent and purposes, still a DI-AA school, not DI (regardless of whether it's called FCS or DI-AA...you know what I mean). I'm still living in the past on that one...ha! And waiting for the day the BCS collapses (it's coming) and we return to the original labels.

[/quote]
I don't like the FBS FCS stuff either and think the DI-AA and DI-A is more descriptive for the football subdivisions for DI.  But I understand why they changed the name.  To many people "out of the know" were getting DI-AA confused with Division II  
[/quote]Many DII schools are better than the average FCS school. Ask UCA...
[/quote]

I asked them this morning and they said that if many are better then most must not be ... cussed me out, then hung up on me.  ;D

TexasTerror talking about our basketball program again. Well, while in the Sun Belt and American South conferences we didn't win a league title but those teams (Lamar) would KILL the past few years men's basketball teams because they had better talent on those teams.

The reason for better talent was because we were playing in a better basketball conference.

Just ask one of the assistant AD's at Texas State who played for Lamar.  8)

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="840838" timestamp="1283824916"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=72544.msg840814#msg840814 date=1283823667]Many DII schools are better than the average FCS school. Ask UCA...[/quote]

See looser academic restrictions...

Football is one of the few Div II sports where there's not much disparity as far as scholarships are concerned. In most other sports, the discrepancy is minimal and in the low-major levels, the budget disparity (if any) is not great...

I think Mississippi Valley State's current budget is No. 130 of the Div II schools. I'm sure most Div II schools fund their sports with more scholarships than that Div I school as well.
[/quote] Valley is Division I.  The SWAC is the Sunbelt of FBS/I-AA

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax