Barbers Hill at Lumberton Game Thread/Lumberton wins 33-13/Comment

WOSgrad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backfield looked solid , Hughes looked poised and made the right decisions, Asher ran hard, McDonald blocked well ,   I thought #35 on defense played very well, along with Choate.  Hope the injuries aren't bad, Lumberton doesnt look very deep.  Barbers Hill came to play this week , they ran the ball pretty well in the second half.  

[quote name="BleedPurple#14" post="838483" timestamp="1283576168"]
Backfield looked solid , Hughes looked poised and made the right decisions, Asher ran hard, McDonald blocked well ,   I thought #35 on defense played very well, along with Choate.  Hope the injuries aren't bad, Lumberton doesnt look very deep.  Barbers Hill came to play this week , they ran the ball pretty well in the second half.  
[/quote]

Lumberton is not deep.  Hopefully #55 Howden is ok.  Haven't heard.  They are especially thin in the line dept.  If they can stay healthy, they will be scrappy and could definately have something to say about the playoff teams.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="838735" timestamp="1283612634"]
[quote author=BleedPurple#14 link=topic=72431.msg838483#msg838483 date=1283576168]
[/quote]

Lumberton is not deep.  Hopefully #55 Howden is ok.  Haven't heard.  They are especially thin in the line dept.  If they can stay healthy, they will be scrappy and could definately have something to say about the playoff teams.
[/quote]Just heard Howden is out with leg broke not sure what part of leg, and safety McDonald tore ACL and MCL that makes three starters out for a while. 

[quote name="bh34" post="838896" timestamp="1283622726"]
BH, came better prepared last night and played a lot better. Lumberton isnt as good as last years team, but they played way above their ability. I hope we can pull it together, or it could be a long long year.

Come on Blue!!
[/quote]

What kind of bullcorn is this?  How about Lumberton came out and whipped BH?  Why discredit their team by saying they played way above their ability?  Sounds like sour grapes to me, just sayin.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="838927" timestamp="1283625763"]
[quote author=bh34 link=topic=72431.msg838896#msg838896 date=1283622726]
BH, came better prepared last night and played a lot better. Lumberton isnt as good as last years team, but they played way above their ability. I hope we can pull it together, or it could be a long long year.

Come on Blue!!
[/quote]

What kind of bullcorn is this?  How about Lumberton came out and whipped BH?  Why discredit their team by saying they played way above their ability?  Sounds like sour grapes to me, just sayin.
[/quote]
LOL, so Lumberton played way above their ability last night? Just like last week when they scored 56 points against Jasper or the live game scrimmage the week before when they downed GCM 17-7? Sorry friend but Lumberton is just that good this year. Idividually you might can say they play above their supposed ability although I think that's wrong too, but as a team they play like they've been taught.

Who is calling the plays for Lumberton this year? I noticed that Coach Chris Babin is back after going to Head Coach in Houston last year. I think this is having an impact on the Raiders this year. Last year without him the Raiders turned the ball over more than normal it seamed. The offense seems to be clicking this year and making the neccesary game time adjustments. Hope we can stop piling up the injuries. Was it just me or did anybody else notice everytime the Raiders kicked an extra point the kicker would get hit late and only one flag came out. 

[quote name="tpriddy" post="839051" timestamp="1283633460"]
Who is calling the plays for Lumberton this year? I noticed that Coach Chris Babin is back after going to Head Coach in Houston last year. I think this is having an impact on the Raiders this year. [b]Last year without him the Raiders turned the ball over more than normal it seamed[/b]. The offense seems to be clicking this year and making the neccesary game time adjustments. Hope we can stop piling up the injuries. Was it just me or did anybody else notice everytime the Raiders kicked an extra point the kicker would get hit late and only one flag came out. 
[/quote]
Never seen a coach turn over the ball??

[quote name="HillGuy" post="839085" timestamp="1283635764"]
Good analysis, Mr. Rogers
Wonder if Lumberton fans agree?   :D

[url=http://baytownsun.com/sports/article_f5f769d8-b7eb-11df-b9f4-001cc4c002e0.html]Baytown Sun Article[/url]

[/quote]

Well, I think outplayed is probably the wrong term.  If that had been the case, BH wouldn't have made any turnovers or that pretty little interception Lumberton caught.  But even as a true fan of the Raiders, I can absolutely recognize the areas our boys need to work on.  To bad growing isn't something they can do at will! Our boys shouldn't have tried running up the middle so often.  There was just a brick wall there.

Regardless, the Raiders did what they needed to do when it counted and won the game.  

Guest GORAIDERS
I did see the kicker get hit at least twice and only one flag. I also saw Coach Credeur go out on the field and say/ask the ref something right after one of the hits. Maybe declining the penalty because the kick was good??? I also noticed that the kicker wasn't the only problem, I saw several times when our guys got hit late, as well as face masks, that didn't get called. Guess the refs didn't see it when it happened.

Our #55, Howden, has a broken bone in his leg - out for six weeks. #3 will have an MRI but saying torn ACL and #45 has torn ACL and MCL but he will be getting a special brace and will play when district begins. That's what I am hearing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder