Crosby at Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PN-G Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job NDN'S !  Good win !  The first half the O had some probs getting the running game going. The second half it dominated. I think Bertrand realized he could run hard and trust his O line. Nothing to dish on anyone. Just my thought. Doty looked great. The D secondary looked better this week than against GP. Good Job D !  Merka is a very good QB. He will be a possible highlite QB on Saturdays. Great game Great fans !

[quote name="pngfan66" post="838354" timestamp="1283572527"]
Great Job NDN'S !  Good win !  The first half the O had some probs getting the running game going. The second half it dominated. I think Bertrand realized he could run hard and trust his O line. Nothing to dish on anyone. Just my thought. Doty looked great. The D secondary looked better this week than against GP. Good Job D !  Merka is a very good QB. He will be a possible highlite QB on Saturdays. Great game Great fans !
[/quote] Ditto on that.. Great game plan, I think Bertrand had at least 130+ yards... I didn't see the last offensive series

Great job by the Indians tonight! Defense played much better,especially in the secondary. Doty and his receivers are really clicking, and the off. line isn't letting anyone get near Doty.Good bounce-back win for PN-G. 20-4A definitely whipping up on 19-4a.

Sat on the 45 yd.line PNG side front row and a great game plan by the Indians w/power running game.The only reason the score wasn't worse is Doty not throwing alot.Cougar defense is not very good and the offense made too many mistakes and penalties.Merka needs to learn to throw softer passes on the short ones,heck he threw so hard towards the end he knocked the reciever down.Defense for PNG played well.

gg for the Indians cougs got some ironing to do need to fix those wrinkles but lets be serious thats what these games are for.

Defense is pretty decent, until they got tired (we have 0 depth thats evidence in the two second half collapses)

This game was extraordinarily close at half time (the cougs offense actually out gained the Indians by 60, but a PICK and a Horrible snap on 4th and 2 gave the Indians a 10-0 lead.

2 things i saw that i didn't agree with in my scanning of post.

1) the cougar defense is pretty good, they are 1) YOUNG 2) have injuries and 3) it was the first pass offense that was efficent they've played in a long time.

The DLINE was all JV players. and the SS was freshman B team last year. we started to get better coverage in the third but then it looked like we ran out of gas. Not the indians fault blow anyone out who cant keep up with you later in the game.

2) Merka throwing too hard? Have you seen any college QB throw? i dunno i watch Kase Keenum quite often, id call doms throws soft in comparison, even in short yardage plays. when he throw those looping passes they got picked, better receivers would be nice.

But... Congrats Indians yall seems to have quite a team. Lots of depth and talent and most positions. \

FYI for some reason we throw more against indians i don'y get it we are run happy everywhere else.

I dont know how many balls Merk bounced off his recievers hands and chests. Merka needs more help to win. He cant do it by himself. Bad snaps and untimley penalties killed any momentum that Crosby tried to get going last night. That is not to take anything away from the Indian defense. They looked much better this week. Good luck to the Cougars. I hope y'all rebound and dominate 19-4A. I look for the Indians to get better and show us more in Texas City. Scalp 'em!

[quote name="shovelhead" post="838616" timestamp="1283601708"]
I dont know how many balls Merk bounced off his recievers hands and chests. Merka needs more help to win. He cant do it by himself. Bad snaps and untimley penalties killed any momentum that Crosby tried to get going last night. That is not to take anything away from the Indian defense. They looked much better this week. Good luck to the Cougars. I hope y'all rebound and dominate 19-4A. I look for the Indians to get better and show us more in Texas City. Scalp 'em!
[/quote] Cougs won't dominate 19-4A this year... [color=purple]GO BRONCOS ALWAYS BELIEVE[/color]Oh and congrats to PNG on the win...

[quote name="octfeb" post="838935" timestamp="1283626574"]
[quote author=shovelhead link=topic=72430.msg838616#msg838616 date=1283601708]
[/quote] Cougs won't dominate 19-4A this year... [color=purple]GO BRONCOS ALWAYS BELIEVE[/color]Oh and congrats to PNG on the win...
[/quote]
I know you are right octfeb, but i do believe the Cougs will upset some teams though!

Much more even boxscore than I expected... Crosby just couldn't get those ball in the endzone I suppose. Fumbles and INT's don't help either. Good job PNG.

Crosby                Port Neches-Groves
Total yards        344                            402
First downs        18                            20
Rushes/Yds        32/151                        37/225
Average rush      4.72                          6.08
Comp/Atts        14/34/2                      12/18/0
Pass yards          193                            177
Comp pct          41.18                          66.67
Punts                  3                              2
Punting Yards    102                            57
Punting Average  34                              28.5
Fumbles/Lost      2/1                            1/1
Penalties-yards    6-55                          5-45

offense looked good defense was a little better they did give up one deep ball for the td, but this was an improvement from last week, i believe we had two ints, one by hunter knox the other by a wide open  dJ  who needs to see some offensive time with his abilities and aggressive mentality, couldnt believe he headbutted a crosbly player  with out a helmet, the kid is a beast lol.  the 3-4 defense gave up some real estate but kept the points to a minimal, great job great game plan way to execute, have to admit doty and bertrand look really good and jalalai showed some yac  taking it in to the endzone. Wasnt too sure about Doty running a naked bootleg for the score but hey he scored ;D

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="840209" timestamp="1283740936"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=72430.msg840130#msg840130 date=1283733645]
http://baytownsun.com/sports/article_2be5941e-b8a2-11df-8e70-001cc4c03286.html
[/quote]

Interesting....they just borrowed Tom Halliburton's article from the P A Blues!   Strange?
[/quote]
BS's sports reporter was over in Lumberton reporting how good BH was doing in their loss. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami