Newton vs. Kirbyville Broadcast Thread/K'Ville wins 41-6/Comments

WOSgrad

Guest rykerx144
No need to be embarrased.  Newton played a very good Kirbyville team.  It was Newtons first game and had to get it out of the way.  Newton had alot of unnecessary penalties and have some kinks to work out.  They will be ok.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congradulation K-Ville, really good program. Coach Alvaraz is not only a good coach but one heck of good person. And he has one of the best defensive coordinators in the state. Best of luck throughout the playoffs. Watch out Vidor, you are next. This team is just that good.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="838745" timestamp="1283613466"]
congradulation K-Ville, really good program. Coach Alvaraz is not only a good coach but one heck of good person. And he has one of the best defensive coordinators in the state. Best of luck throughout the playoffs. Watch out Vidor, you are next. This team is just that good.
[/quote]

Thanks....No doubt Newton will get it all together by play-off time..long way to go yet.. ;)

I'm not even sure that Newton fans should be THAT down on their team... They were playing their first game of the season with a new quarterback against a very good football team... By Week 10, Newton will be just fine....

I was very impressed with a couple of players from Newton, including Jackson and Shorter to go along with Bennett...  When Holmes settles into the offense, the Eagles will be tough to stop...

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="838470" timestamp="1283575855"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=72401.msg838337#msg838337 date=1283572172]
Maybe we do have a chance at winning district ;D
[/quote]

No doubt about it!
[/quote] Be careful what you say! Newton will be ready for their new district.....i promise you that!

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="840091" timestamp="1283728616"]
Newton's non existent defense is what beat them Friday night. You can't give up 540 yards and have much hope of winning. Offense will come around. I'm not sure about defense.
[/quote] ChampionEagles you gotta understand that was Newton's first game. No doubt they will get better as the season progresses. Even though it felt so good spanking yall butts! ;D

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="840557" timestamp="1283807316"]
I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was about what I was afraid was going to happen. Until some changes are made, I don't think the defense will be very good. The kids have got to be in a position to make plays. Friday night they were only in positions to get pancaked and Kirbyville done just that.
[/quote] They will be just fine. #3 got some speed and will only better, i see he's only a freshman. Anahuac is going to give yall trouble.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="840967" timestamp="1283833001"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72401.msg840557#msg840557 date=1283807316]
I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was about what I was afraid was going to happen. Until some changes are made, I don't think the defense will be very good. The kids have got to be in a position to make plays. Friday night they were only in positions to get pancaked and Kirbyville done just that.
[/quote] They will be just fine. #3 got some speed and will only better, i see he's only a freshman. Anahuac is going to give yall trouble.
[/quote]
It's not about speed. We have plenty speed. It's about defensive technique and scheme. When you have two coaches arguing on the sideline and the head coach has to step between them during the game, things aren't going well. And before anyone starts, this is not bashing or hear say, just a fact that was seen by many on Friday night including myself.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="841044" timestamp="1283863891"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=72401.msg840967#msg840967 date=1283833001]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72401.msg840557#msg840557 date=1283807316]
[/quote]
It's not about speed. We have plenty speed. It's about defensive technique and scheme. When you have two coaches arguing on the sideline and the head coach has to step between them during the game, things aren't going well. And before anyone starts, this is not bashing or hear say, just a fact that was seen by many on Friday night including myself.
[/quote]

I cant believe WT would let that happen!  Oh wait nevermind, I forgot sorry about that!

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="841044" timestamp="1283863891"]
[/quote]
[/quote] The coaching failed are boys friday night they look very unprepared, there is no doubt Newton has just as good athletes as kville but it looks as if Kville has the better coaches now .

[quote name="rykerx144" post="841066" timestamp="1283866659"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72401.msg841044#msg841044 date=1283863891]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I cant believe WT would let that happen!  Oh wait nevermind, I forgot sorry about that!
[/quote]
  8)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="841087" timestamp="1283869051"]
Rykerx, Kirbyville fans crow a lot, but still haven't won the big one. All the beatings you can put on Newton won't change that fact.
[/quote]
Amen to that and to comment on the WT comment when Barby retires you know who will be first in line for the Newton Job WT

Guest rykerx144
yea yea  Kirbyville aint won the big one yet but Newton did 100 years ago is always a good out huh!  LOl

I see Brian Barbay and WT being head coaches in Newton and Kirbyville.  Just dont know which one will be where.  I think WT gets the first job whether it be Jack moving on or Barbay retiring.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83