Gregory-Portland vs. Port Neches-Groves/GP WINS 30-29!!!!!!

[quote name="BigMike0726" post="835120" timestamp="1283197769"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72027.msg834688#msg834688 date=1283135423]
Ok here is my 2$ worth went to this game and was thrilled to see a great football game.  What hurt PNG in this game

5) Key dropped passes that would have been a score
                                                                                                                            4)Two interceptions both at terrible times in the game
                                                                                                                            3)Unable to establish the running game
                                                                                                                            2)unable to put any pressure on the quaterback
                                                                                                                            1) safeties over the top had trouble with coverage.

I know I'm gonna get some flak for this, but the officials were a big key also. I saw numerous holds by G-P and two blocks in the back on the same play by the SAME G-P player. I realize there were probably plenty uncalled on us, but you shouldn't see that many uncalled penalties when you're not even looking for them.
[/quote]
[/quote]There were alot of uncalled penalties on both sides. Some more evident than others but  they were on both sides. Maybe DC told them to let em play and keep the yellow in their pockets more than on the field. Who knows. This game is water under the bridge now. The NDN's are focusing on Crosby. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bh89-2" post="834963" timestamp="1283183117"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=72027.msg834905#msg834905 date=1283178452]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=72027.msg834881#msg834881 date=1283176118]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=72027.msg834872#msg834872 date=1283175518]
I take it our team didn't know they were suppose to stay out on field after the game for a trophy presentation? I know we recieved some boo's from the other side. Faircloth recieved the trophy as the team went to dressing room. Maybe we needed to get on the bus pretty quick for the long journey home? I guess the coaching staff instructed the team to go to the locker room. No matter what the case was, it did not look too good when the loud speaker was instructing us to stay on the field as we left.
[/quote]

Believe it or not but the game before us El Paso Hanks left the field also and the PA Announcer was asking them to stay on the field.

Also I am so glad everyone is so interested the PNG program. We have more post on this thread from non PNG fans then the actual PNG faithful. So glad we're so recognized in our area and fans are more interested in what we do than there own teams. I have plenty of purple shirts if anyone needs one!!!
[/quote]

Yea, I need a purple shirt. I just ran out of toilet paper.   :D
[/quote]

Make it two!   ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

You guys wipe your @$$ with our shirts.  We'll be wiping the floor with our opponents for the rest of the season..

[quote name="NDNTime" post="835167" timestamp="1283202290"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=72027.msg834963#msg834963 date=1283183117]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=72027.msg834905#msg834905 date=1283178452]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=72027.msg834881#msg834881 date=1283176118]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=72027.msg834872#msg834872 date=1283175518]
I take it our team didn't know they were suppose to stay out on field after the game for a trophy presentation? I know we recieved some boo's from the other side. Faircloth recieved the trophy as the team went to dressing room. Maybe we needed to get on the bus pretty quick for the long journey home? I guess the coaching staff instructed the team to go to the locker room. No matter what the case was, it did not look too good when the loud speaker was instructing us to stay on the field as we left.
[/quote]

Believe it or not but the game before us El Paso Hanks left the field also and the PA Announcer was asking them to stay on the field.

Also I am so glad everyone is so interested the PNG program. We have more post on this thread from non PNG fans then the actual PNG faithful. So glad we're so recognized in our area and fans are more interested in what we do than there own teams. I have plenty of purple shirts if anyone needs one!!!
[/quote]

Yea, I need a purple shirt. I just ran out of toilet paper.   :D
[/quote]

Make it two!   ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

You guys wipe your @$$ with our shirts.  We'll be wiping the floor with our opponents for the rest of the season..
[/quote]wait I think they want some Angelton purple to do that with !!!! There is a difference in the purple.

[quote name="cornhusker" post="835268" timestamp="1283211943"]
Comments like that IDN Time is what keeps you and some other folks hammered. GP is a better team period.
[/quote]

Hey Husker, were you at the game?  Please indicate to me how GP is a better team? 

People coming on here disrespecting our school and our colors is unacceptable, and I will ALWAYS defend them.  If trash is going to get talked, it can't go unimpeded.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="835321" timestamp="1283216189"]
[quote author=cornhusker link=topic=72027.msg835268#msg835268 date=1283211943]
Comments like that IDN Time is what keeps you and some other folks hammered. GP is a better team period.
[/quote]

Hey Husker, were you at the game?  Please indicate to me how GP is a better team? 

People coming on here disrespecting our school and our colors is unacceptable, and I will ALWAYS defend them.  If trash is going to get talked, it can't go unimpeded.
[/quote]

I totally agree.  It appears there are more "haters" out there against PNG than before.  This was only 1 game, we came up short, we'll make the adjustments, and get ready for the next team.  I too, will ALWAYS defend PNG, just like I would expect others to defend thier respective schools.  It's all in "fun and games", but sometimes, the comments become a little to personal. Make predictions, discuss stats, etc, but leave the personal attacks of the schools, players, or other posters out of it. Just my opinion.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="835321" timestamp="1283216189"]
[/quote]

[/quote] ::)

Guest tappedout
Believe this loss may be what our boy's needed to get them realizing this a new season. Every team can't go undefeated and this team will have to make it's own identity. These 1st 3 games are all about finding who and what work's best for our team when district roll's around. There is no sense and debating about who is better, GP was the better team Saturday night. Let's move on to Crosby! Maybe the GP fan's think this win will put a feather in their cap. Hey, we talked the talk and they walked the walk. The most important game is alway's the next one. Hopefully, we can get healthy and not lose too many player's this week. We will have to contain another good QB this week. We don't need to get too cocky because Crosby could get on here and talk s$%t to us next week. Our fan's need to show up in full force ready to stand behind our team for 4 quarter's. It shouldn't take the player's begging for us to stand up and holler. Show up and show your enthusiasm this Friday night! Go Indian's!

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="835330" timestamp="1283216905"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=72027.msg835321#msg835321 date=1283216189]
[/quote]

Hey Husker, were you at the game?  Please indicate to me how GP is a better team?  

People coming on here disrespecting our school and our colors is unacceptable, and I will ALWAYS defend them.  If trash is going to get talked, it can't go unimpeded.
[/quote]

I totally agree.  It appears there are more "haters" out there against PNG than before. [glow=red,2,300] This was only 1 game, we came up short, we'll make the adjustments, and get ready for the next team[/glow].  I too, will ALWAYS defend PNG, just like I would expect others to defend thier respective schools.  It's all in "fun and games", but sometimes, the comments become a little to personal. Make predictions, discuss stats, etc, but leave the personal attacks of the schools, players, or other posters out of it. Just my opinion.
[/quote]It is funny how PNG..NED...CENTRAL lost the first game and people panic ..Now LCM..LUMBERTON are state title ready because they won the first game ..Ned..Png..Central will be the top 3 again..No need for panic just yet..PNG played a good team just like Ned & Central...

well i will put my two cents in on this because i call it like i see it.  This game was all about momentum. And in all games turnovers cost us the game along with a bad fourth down decision. like it or not we should have won the game but we didnt. I honestly believe we should have kicked the fieldgoal. but with that being said say we kick the fieldgoal, that still gave gp over a minute and a few ticks left on the clock. i honestly can t say that our defense would have been able to hold the gp team from scoring again, the defense was a little better in the second half but i still say the secondary better step it up and  get  it together, they looked absolutely pathetic. But thankfully it is preseason and hopefully we can find someone who can defend the pass whether it is by holding tackling fouling what ever, my thinking is better to give up ten yards than give up the score over and over and over again. it was a great game even though we lost but it was an eye  opener  and should bring these kids back down to earth. Time to plan for Crosby and see if this doesnt light a fire under their butts, and i will close with this what is up with the swinging gate, surely they dont plan on using this garbage every week, i just absolutely hate the swinging gate lol just my opinion, thinking he is just showing everyone that it is just something else to have to try to stop , i dont know???????????

Guest tappedout
Dam'n, you just don't believe in the coaches too much! We got an easy 2 point's off of the swinging gate. Hell, you ought to just show up to the booster club meeting's and tell Faircloth what you would do and maybe he would start thinking during a game, what would biaplayer do?

[quote name="tappedout" post="836046" timestamp="1283303455"]
Dam'n, you just don't believe in the coaches too much! We got an easy 2 point's off of the swinging gate. heck, you ought to just show up to the booster club meeting's and tell Faircloth what you would do and maybe he would start thinking during a game, what would biaplayer do?
[/quote]

He got 1 point more than if he would've kicked the PAT.  Bravo....  He left 3 on the field, that would have won the game.  Both calls have to do with kicking....  Seems like PNG is very hesitant to put the kicker on the field.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="836060" timestamp="1283304202"]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=72027.msg836046#msg836046 date=1283303455]
Dam'n, you just don't believe in the coaches too much! We got an easy 2 point's off of the swinging gate. heck, you ought to just show up to the booster club meeting's and tell Faircloth what you would do and maybe he would start thinking during a game, what would biaplayer do?
[/quote]

He got 1 point more than if he would've kicked the PAT.  Bravo....  He left 3 on the field, that would have won the game.  Both calls have to do with kicking....  Seems like PNG is very hesitant to put the kicker on the field.
[/quote]
Botched snap on earlier attempt and our kicker is returning from a torn ACL late last season (he was not with us when we played you guys). He had great range before the injury, but who knows now.

i heard we have a sophomore kicker that has range from 50 + dont know his name though they are saying he is a soccer player that they picked up and a good one at that . Can anyone put any truth to that or what. Tappedout dont get your panties ruffled so easily  am just stating my opinions it doesnt mean doodley squat, but im sorry if it hurts your feelings that i criticize what i thought was contributing factors as to why we lost. that is it. Im sorry if i dont have that metality that we are PNG we are invincible, dont believe that for a minute, because as we all know we got a reality check last week by a team that we SHOULD have beat. Fairclothe is a great coach and his arrival was a blessing. And yes we did get a two point conversion, yee haw like i said before i think they are doing this just to let other teams know hey we can run this be prepared for it. But i still dont like it ! If they continue to do this and this is my opinion why not use the jv qb from last year and let him pound it in from what i remember from last year he was a strong runner? But if i were to go to a booster club meeting i would ask him why doesnt he run the score up when we are putting it on someone, BUt i know the answer to that is because he promises to play everyone. I remember a game where we played WOS in WOS it was Dustin longs senior year i believe we took the opening drive and went all the way down to the 1 yard line and got stuffed all 4 times, well to make a long story short we lost 3-0 on a 48 yard field goal that was kicked with about a min on the clock. So yes it is easy to question the call on fourth down and inches, that is my thinking should have kicked the ball , easier being said after the outcome on both occassions. And yes i do have faith in the coaching staff, but what it comes down to is that these are kids  and it doesnt matter what biaplayer  thinks now does it??  ;)

Guest tappedout
Dylan Browning is back from last year and his leg is stronger than last year according to his dad. Don't know about a soccer player unless something happened to Browning that I have not heard about.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="835999" timestamp="1283297744"]
well i will put my two cents in on this because i call it like i see it.  This game was all about momentum. And in all games turnovers cost us the game along with [b]a bad fourth down decision[/b]. like it or not we should have won the game but we didnt. I honestly believe we should have kicked the fieldgoal. but with that being said say we kick the fieldgoal, that still gave gp over a minute and a few ticks left on the clock. i honestly can t say that our defense would have been able to hold the gp team from scoring again, the defense was a little better in the second half but i still say the secondary better step it up and  get  it together, they looked absolutely pathetic. But thankfully it is preseason and hopefully we can find someone who can defend the pass whether it is by holding tackling fouling what ever, my thinking is better to give up ten yards than give up the score over and over and over again. it was a great game even though we lost but it was an eye  opener  and should bring these kids back down to earth. Time to plan for Crosby and see if this doesnt light a fire under their butts, and i will close with this what is up with the swinging gate, surely they dont plan on using this garbage every week, i just absolutely hate the swinging gate lol just my opinion, thinking he is just showing everyone that it is just something else to have to try to stop , i dont know???????????
[/quote]
You know guys, the only difference between a "bad" fourth down decision and a good one is if the play succeeds. A first down would have allowed PNG to burn up more clock time, GP got lucky and got the stop, same with Lumberton and a 4th and inches against Jasper. If the play had succeeded, Coach Faircloth would have been called the best coach ever.  ;)

[quote name="tappedout" post="836906" timestamp="1283446926"]
Dylan Browning is back from last year and his leg is stronger than last year according to his dad. Don't know about a soccer player unless something happened to Browning that I have not heard about.
[/quote]
The young kicker must be #39. He was the only Sophomore announced at the Fire-It-Up rally last week.

I heard that on the 4th down play our TE was lined up on the wrong side. We had just used our last TO so couldn't stop it. We ran left right into an unblocked LB who was on the line. We averaged 4 ypc on that same play throughout the game, when we lined up correctly. That said " I had no problem with the call versus an attempted 38 yard FG". It was a learning experience for our kids for sure.

Lets take it out on the Coogs! They got whooped pretty bad last week 56-30 and we put it on them last year 37-7, so they should be some hungry Coogahs.

I think the coach made the right call. Since when is a 38 yard FG a SURE THING in high school football? I would venture to guess that the success rate of a 38 yard FG in high school would be less than 50% and far less than the team's chance of gaining ½ a yard on 4th down. Anyone disagree?

Faircloth is a great coach and I am sure he knows his kicker's capabilities much better than all the armchair QBs. Even if the FG was good, the game would not have been over.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="836922" timestamp="1283448473"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=72027.msg835999#msg835999 date=1283297744]
well i will put my two cents in on this because i call it like i see it.  This game was all about momentum. And in all games turnovers cost us the game along with [b]a bad fourth down decision[/b]. like it or not we should have won the game but we didnt. I honestly believe we should have kicked the fieldgoal. but with that being said say we kick the fieldgoal, that still gave gp over a minute and a few ticks left on the clock. i honestly can t say that our defense would have been able to hold the gp team from scoring again, the defense was a little better in the second half but i still say the secondary better step it up and  get  it together, they looked absolutely pathetic. But thankfully it is preseason and hopefully we can find someone who can defend the pass whether it is by holding tackling fouling what ever, my thinking is better to give up ten yards than give up the score over and over and over again. it was a great game even though we lost but it was an eye  opener  and should bring these kids back down to earth. Time to plan for Crosby and see if this doesnt light a fire under their butts, and i will close with this what is up with the swinging gate, surely they dont plan on using this garbage every week, i just absolutely hate the swinging gate lol just my opinion, thinking he is just showing everyone that it is just something else to have to try to stop , i dont know???????????
[/quote]
You know guys, the only difference between a "bad" fourth down decision and a good one is if the play succeeds. A first down would have allowed PNG to burn up more clock time, GP got lucky and got the stop, same with Lumberton and a 4th and inches against Jasper. If the play had succeeded, Coach Faircloth would have been called the best coach ever.  ;)
[/quote]

Bingo...well said...if they had made it and went on to score, we would be hearing about what a genius the guy is by getting that first down and running the clock down to the bare minimum before PNG scored the winning points...keep in mind these decisions are not made hours and days after the game...they are made in a very short time frame by guys who know their personnel way better than any of the fans do

I feel this game and the decision that the coach made on the 4th and inches has been hashed way and beyond what is necessary. Its a learning decision from that point on. I feel this whole topic needs to be done and over with. No one can go back and change what happened. Its the past. For us PNG fans we need to focus on this weeks game and not try and relive the GP game. We need to look forward to taking it to Crosby ! So lets move on !

I am sure that if we missed the FG you would all be griping about"why didn't coach trust his offense to get 3 inches." I would take my chances on 4th and inches every day of the week and twice on Sunday. This is a High School kicker. A 38 yard FG is no chip shot. We already had one bad snap on the previous FG and SEVERAL bad snaps in the Memorial scrimmage. We also missed a FG against Memorial from about the same range.

Why didn't we go for two? Simple....it was in the THIRD QUARTER. You don't start chasing that extra point that early in the game...If it would have been half way through the 4th quarter, then yes, go for two. Hindsight is always 20/20. We have an excellent coaching staff and I trust that they know a hell of a lot more about football and their players than we will ever know. All that being said, I trust the 4A Coach of the Year's judgement over Monday morning quarterbacks that get on this site.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder