Kountze @ Evadale

True football fans, especially 1A football in this area, know the tradition of excellence that has been coming out of both Burkeville and HD.  So I'd say most of us, myself included, expected things to turn around quickly with Harper returning to Stangville and I for one look forward to some good competition from Burkeville.  HD will never stray far from the top teams in their district, they don't and probably never will be satisfied will mediocre play and any incoming coach knows he as school and community support to be competitive, to win.

We've had a good taste of that over the last several years here in Evadale and this school and community has come to expect hard nose, smash mouth, total team effort football.  Now back to the subject.  I missed the Warren scrimmage and have heard that we looked like the teams of old and the future was bright, Friday night looked a team in rebuilding mode learning a new system.  Both of which are not the case.  So, I'm clinging to Yellers take that a total lack of contact last week due to lighting had a hand in our look of "flatness".  We know you have it in you Rebs and this is what a scrimmage is for, to build on good things and expose things that need attention,  now lets ride down to Galveston Friday night and hit O'Connell SQUARE IN THE MOUTH!!!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="828992" timestamp="1282501043"]
[quote author=Burkeville Chronicle link=topic=71873.msg828794#msg828794 date=1282450997]
I don't know if we are quite in your league yet Rebels...for the past five years or so you have dominated. [glow=red,2,300]I respect the tradition, the coaching, and most importantly the fan base...which is unlike anything in 1A football that I have ever seen. [/glow] Congratulations to your town for achieving that. However, here in the lakes we have some very hungry Mustangs..who are dying to get respect. We dismantled Timpson 3-0 in the scrimmage, a team that beat us 30-0 last year without their star back whom they had Friday. I know for a fact that hardly anyone respects Burkeville anymore...and you have good reason not too...but, take it as you want....this team is much, much better...and just may surprise everyone in the district.
[/quote] Must not have seen H-D !! When it comes to tradition and pride, not to mention fan base we have it !!
[/quote]WE DONT REALLY CARE THIS THREAD IS KOUNTZE@ EVADALE NOT HD

Guest Crazy Dave
I'm sorry but burkeville won't even touch evadale!! Are you kidding me last year yes it was a low scoring game due to rain, but burkeville for sure doesn't have it this year maybe next but they def aren't worth worrying about trust me!! The rebels will work the kinks out and get back to the smashmouth football don't anyone worry about that.

I hate that I had to miss this weeks game but just could not get off in time, But I have looked at some film and could see what everone is saying about the O-line. And what killed me more was to see the biggest player Evadale has standing on the sideline and not no that line. I know the kid wonts to play tighend but he is playing behind the other big kid It is fortunate that a 1a school has 2 kids that big but you have to use them were they will help the team the most, and now they need them both on the line at the same time. With this years Sr group this is the best time for Evadale to win a few games in the playoffs.

Guest ECBucFan
Woah!! For a second, I thought I had tapped into the basketball forum, because I have read these same type words over and over and over again!!!    Deja' Vu!    :P

Blue has a point.  As everyone knows, I have ties to Evadale and keep up with them with and watch them a few times every year.  The last year or two it seems they are trying to have some big kids, talented kids go one way.  In a 1A thats just not practical.  If the really good kids are lucky, they get a break on the kicking game only.  I know the tight end from last year and the only kid bigger than him is Tucker.  Surely he's not on the sideline as a second string tight-end!?

[quote name="True Blue" post="829261" timestamp="1282529404"]
I hate that I had to miss this weeks game but just could not get off in time, But I have looked at some film and could see what everone is saying about the O-line. And what killed me more was to see the biggest player Evadale has standing on the sideline and not no that line. I know the kid wonts to play tighend but he is playing behind the other big kid It is fortunate that a 1a school has 2 kids that big but you have to use them were they will help the team the most, and now they need them both on the line at the same time. With this years Sr group this is the best time for Evadale to win a few games in the playoffs.
[/quote]
true about the tight ends that would help them out tremondously cause their athletic and strong

Just hope to see a few packages this week that will be using a double tighend.They have some good backs but they need room to run. And a good QB with some good receivers but he needs time to get rid of the ball. I saw 2 times last week he had a receiver open for a big play but could not get the ball out, due to pressure. But it is early in the season and I think Coach Will will have it all worked out come dist. play.

Evadale has not been in the game of to many playoff games over the  last few years.  Really, the last was in the 2nd round against Normange 2 years ago.  The final was 30 something to 6.  That seems pretty bad but they were only down one score, or close to it, at the half.  Plus Evadale had two or three long dirt pounding drives in the 1st half that ended with fumbles deep in Normange territory.  They score on one or both of those drives and they go in at half fired up, and who knows!  All said, Normange came out the 2nd half with a new game plan but the Rebs came out flat and tried to pick up where they left off.  Once Normange got rolling they spread the defense and just kept running down hill.

Anyway, Evadale has a similar team this year as far as plenty of senior leadership.  The seniors need to and I believe will step it up a notch and show some heart and leadership.  Both are much needed to make some noise down the stretch.

Lets all remember that the real season begins in Galveston on Friday.

Hopes and Dreams aside every team even the ones who won State Championships last year have to suit up, line up and put up a win, week after week.

On November 6th we will all know if our team is bound for the playoffs or headed for the gym. Let's just enjoy the ride, shall we!

Kountze was not impressive in any way, shape, or fashion.  They have good numbers, but they have no chance at all in district competition.  And Evadale looked horrible.  They looked extremely out of shape, and, only had about 20ish or so kids... ?..  Looks like Evadale is coming to the end of their run.  But, they will go 10-0 this year I'm sure.  Because they have absolutely nobody on the schedule.  And then will get destroyed in a playoff game.  But what do ya do?..  Personally I wish I would have stayed home because neither Kountze nor Evadale impressed me.

Guest Crazy Dave
[quote name="knows2much" post="830631" timestamp="1282757948"]
Kountze was not impressive in any way, shape, or fashion.  They have good numbers, but they have no chance at all in district competition.  And Evadale looked horrible.  They looked extremely out of shape, and, only had about 20ish or so kids... ?..  Looks like Evadale is coming to the end of their run.  But, they will go 10-0 this year I'm sure.  Because they have absolutely nobody on the schedule.  And then will get destroyed in a playoff game.  But what do ya do?..  Personally I wish I would have stayed home because neither Kountze nor Evadale impressed me.
[/quote]
Evadale will get better!! As far as playoffs go Evadale is going to make a run this year!

[quote name="knows2much" post="830631" timestamp="1282757948"]
[/quote]

Then stay home? lol ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics