Nederland @ Dayton scrimmage updates

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="828221" timestamp="1282354784"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=71871.msg828202#msg828202 date=1282354155]
WOW thought nederland was supposed to get beat down here???????
[/quote]
I wonder who said that? Someone from another town maybe.
[/quote]

Looks like Dayton is whipping up a beat down...I think that the person from Nederland will be wrong.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="828229" timestamp="1282354925"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=71871.msg828221#msg828221 date=1282354784]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=71871.msg828202#msg828202 date=1282354155]
WOW thought nederland was supposed to get beat down here???????
[/quote]
I wonder who said that? Someone from another town maybe.
[/quote]

Looks like Dayton is whipping up a beat down...I think that the person from Nederland will be wrong.
[/quote]
Not too excited about a scrimmage performance, but I'm glad to see they finally started moving the ball a little better. I wouldn't call this a beat down either. Sounds like both teams still have work to do.

[quote name="oldrock" post="828245" timestamp="1282355503"]
day pass inc
day pass inc
day 45 yd fg good
day 27 ned 3
[b]can someone explain what the point spread would be for a beat down[/b]
[/quote]
A beat down is what happened a couple of years ago when these two teams played in Nederland. This is a scrimmage. Are you sure no subs yet?

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="828239" timestamp="1282355255"]
[quote author=oldrock link=topic=71871.msg828234#msg828234 date=1282355108]
ned pass 10 and 1st
ned run no gain
ned pass misses wr
ned pass overthrown 2 wrs
ned punt
day ball at day 26
[b]no subs yet[/b]
[/quote]
No subs? Wow they be takin this "scrimmage" kinda serious!
[/quote]

It might have something to do with Neumann running up the score in 04 and then Coach Stewart hanging 63 on them as payback in 07. 

Nederland is gonna be alright! lots of positives. Forney can sling it and once he starts making better decisions, such as which balls to throw away and when to take a sack, will be a good one.

Troy Benjamin can run the ball!! You'll hear his name plenty this year!

Home now on the computer.  once again I did not take my glasses and was worried about grammar and spelling but everyone seems to be happy with the updates.
Dayton's defense was very impressive against the run.  They only gave up one really big run.  Their pass defense was mostly keeping Forney on the run.  If he ever gets the chance to set up then look out, he has a very good arm.  With his size he really needs to run it more and I think he woud be hard to bring down if a defense is getting tired.
The Broncos are really taking off early this year.  I feel sorry for some of the teams on the schedule that are young and re-building.  Dayton does not have as many seniors as other teams and the underclassmen are ready to go to war with anybody.

It's going to be another fun year to watch football in Dayton.

Nederlands defense is much improved over the last couple of years, both offenses seem a little off, Dayton started putting some things together later in the game, Carranco hit a 37 and 45 yarder, he is going to be exciting to watch and he is a sophmore. Daytons defense is stout!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83