Nederland @ Dayton scrimmage updates

[quote name="Matt" post="828322" timestamp="1282358413"]
[b]Nederlands defense is much improved over the last couple of years[/b], both offenses seem a little off, Dayton started putting some things together later in the game, [b]Carranco hit a 37 and 45 yarder[/b], he is going to be exciting to watch and he is a sophmore. Daytons defense is stout!
[/quote]

agreed on the first part.

2nd part... dang, I had to leave at the half. Hate that I missed a 45 yarder from him. He might turn out to be a great one! Already is by my standards.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The incomplete passes were mostly drops. Of course the two top receivers Gamal Fowler and Armando Reyes were held out of the game. They were in jerseys and shorts on the sidelines.

Way too many fumbles, too. Seems like I remember four or six if you count recoveries.

Tooks some time for Dayton's offense to get untracked but when it did it chewed off some big yardage.

Nederland threatened a couple of times but the Dayton defenders would have none of it. Yes, Darrian Wright and Aaron Ripkowski are for real, but Jr Phillip Burks, Soph Charles Tousant are for real, too.

Guest octfeb
I know this is just a scrimmage. Nederlands QB is a BIG boy.. Was he scared he was gonna get sacked? he almost looked like he was scared... Was it just me seeing things? IMO I think Nederland looked more disciplined then WOS did.

Tyrones take i.e....the opinion that really matters.

Defense: D Line and backers looking good.  They will be the backbone of the team as the year progresses.  To those young men, "Believe that you are the best and prove it on the field."  DB's need to tighten up.  They were in position to make the tackle after the catch, but not in position to make a play on the ball. (14 has obvious talent, but looks bored.  84 is quick but needs to be a headhunter and punish receivers for trying to make a catch. BRING THE PAIN.)

Offense:

RBs. Looked really good.  Impressed with Delasbour, he ran strong.  XB look good on a 73 yrd run. The offense looked good at this point, but this effort will not work as the year progresses. 

O line: The O-line looked better than most, but they need to improve. They are occupying their man, but not dominating. Right tackle, 70 looked winded halfway through 2nd. 55 looked good.  76 looked good @ rt tackle.

RCVRS: Goss looked good.  If the QB hits you in the hands or numbers, you should catch it.

Overall, not bad for a scrimmage, but the broncos are NOT FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS.  The team will get better, but still has a long way to go.  More positives than negatives, but there is plenty left to work on.

Guest GCMPats
Both teams looked out of sync.

Neds best DB had an early exit due to a lower leg injury.
Forney (sp),Ned QB, looked very tentative and was very inaccurate. Moved like a 90 yr old man. Left a lot to be desired.

Dayton QB and RB are legit. QB gets better and better. #1 runs hard esp after contact.

I'm still confident GCM holds Dayton to 20. They do not have all the "bullets" they have had the previous 2 seasons.

Best kicker in SE Texas plays for the Broncos. He gives Dayton the edge in ANY close game.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="828405" timestamp="1282364962"]

Neds best DB had an early exit due to a lower leg injury.
Forney (sp),Ned QB, looked very tentative and was very inaccurate. Moved like a 90 yr old man. Left a lot to be desired.

Dayton QB and RB are legit. QB gets better and better. #1 runs hard esp after contact.

I'm still confident GCM holds Dayton to 20. [b]They do not have all the "bullets" they have had the previous 2 seasons.[/b]
Best kicker in SE Texas plays for the Broncos. He gives Dayton the edge in ANY close game.

[/quote]

There were two "bullets" that were not in the game (from what I read earlier), the two best recievers. Fowler will make a lot of noise this year.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="828251" timestamp="1282355814"]
This would be a beat down. I'm a Ned fan and I'm not impressed at all with our offense. [glow=red,2,300]Our D is doing good except for the two 70 yard TDs. We better fix that real quick. We better make sure they earn there scores! [/glow] [/quote]If you want to fix that you need to give the def a break ..and I don't mean a 3 play break like they got all night..Nederland played well until the def was left on the field all night...Daytons  line backers are the best highschool players I have ever seen WOW. esp. #54 ..I think Dionte had more time than he thought..Its a spread please stop trying to run the ball at their best players in the middle....And why would Daytons coach run a QB keeper with less than 2min left in a game you are winning by 24..Wow...

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="828412" timestamp="1282366943"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=71871.msg828408#msg828408 date=1282365950]
I'm a school teacher. I do not have any dollars. All I have is school pride.
[/quote]

New school that hasn't been around very long pride.  And would you consider bunks, (i.e. kicks in the posterior in a public place) a la above the rim?
[/quote]

Cut Pats some slack until he gets hired over at BH.  He's trying hard, so may not be long.  ;D ;D

TOUPS GRAPHICS SUMMARY
Dayton
If they don't put the ball on the turf and catch the ball when it hits them in the hands they will give a good showing this Friday.
Way too many offensive errors to beat a 5A team.
Dayton's defense is AWEsome!
Seemed like everytime Nederland got the ball inside the Dayton 30, the Bulldogs were pushed back.
Dayton, with all the unforced offensive errors, and not having one of the best receivers in the area, still pulled away from a very good Nederland team in the 2nd half.  If Gamal Fowler would have been in this game, there was nobody in the Nederland secondary that could have covered him, the game would have been a blowout in the first half.
Nederland
Trenches look solid for Nederland.  Defense is solid, but no speed in the secondary.  QB has a bazooka, but is slow.  Key for Nederland is to get #1 churning up the rushing yardage.  If Nederland can run the ball,they will be VERY tough to beat.  Both teams will be in the playoffs.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="828405" timestamp="1282364962"]

[b]Neds best DB had an early exit due to a lower leg injury.[/b]

I'm still confident GCM holds Dayton to 20. They do not have all the "bullets" they have had the previous 2 seasons.

[/quote]

Does anyone know who the DB was and any info on the injury?

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="828450" timestamp="1282393176"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=71871.msg828405#msg828405 date=1282364962]

[b]Neds best DB had an early exit due to a lower leg injury.[/b]

[/quote]

Does anyone know who the DB was and any info on the injury?

[/quote]Sonnier..Def will be in trouble if he does not return ...

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="828448" timestamp="1282392481"]
TOUPS GRAPHICS SUMMARY
Dayton
If they don't put the ball on the turf and catch the ball when it hits them in the hands they will give a good showing this Friday.
Way too many offensive errors to beat a 5A team.
Dayton's defense is AWEsome!
Seemed like everytime Nederland got the ball inside the Dayton 30, the Bulldogs were pushed back.
Dayton, with all the unforced offensive errors, and not having one of the best receivers in the area, still pulled away from a very good Nederland team in the 2nd half. [glow=red,2,300] If Gamal Fowler would have been in this game, there was nobody in the Nederland secondary that could have covered him, the game would have been a blowout in the first half.[/glow]Nederland
Trenches look solid for Nederland.  Defense is solid, but no speed in the secondary.  QB has a bazooka, but is slow.  Key for Nederland is to get #1 churning up the rushing yardage.  If Nederland can run the ball,they will be VERY tough to beat.  Both teams will be in the playoffs.
[/quote]I believe Sonnier can run and cover any of the recievers in 4a...6.4 60 is not to shaby..He is the only secondary guy for Nederland who has that closing speed to come up and make the stops on the run.. Last night all the long runs came after Sonnier was out with his injury..Not saying he would have stoped every one of them ...But it sure could have made a small differnce..Bulldogs def was tierd from being ON the field the entire night ...I think over all good game... Dionte a little gun shy under pressure from that bad a%% DEF FRONT OF DAYTONS..

Nederlands defense looked pretty solid. A few busted plays. Their tongues were dragging the whole second half. They had no break at all. Daytons defense is very good but Nederland had receivers open all night. The offensive line made some good adjustments giving big boy some time and he just could not find the open guy, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT... Overall Dogs will be OK. Dayton....real deal!

Nederlands Def did great until they got so tierd they lost control of their bodies..It is hard to play good def against a team with the size and speed dayton has when you only get 3 downs to rest on. And I believe the o line did ok ...We had open recievers all night ..Dionte was a little shakey after he got smacked around a little bit..The offence will be fine Dayton was very very very good..I think dayton is probably the best we will see until the playoffs...Dayton will make a very deep run if they stay healthy...And heartattack the def will be fine without Trev  >:( I hope he is back for WOS but we will see..Dayton has at least 3 D1 guys just on def...19 4A YOU GUYS BETTER THROW THROW THROW ..Please do not attempt the run against this Dayton bunch...they dang sure have my respect  :o

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="828412" timestamp="1282366943"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=71871.msg828408#msg828408 date=1282365950]
I'm a school teacher. I do not have any dollars. All I have is school pride.
[/quote]

New school that hasn't been around very long pride.  And would you consider bunks, (i.e. kicks in the posterior in a public place) a la above the rim?
[/quote] You da man - Tyrone - I pity the fool that pities you !

Its a good thing that Dayton's run defense doubles as their pass defense by putting so much pressure on the opposing QB he can't make a decent pass. Thumbs up for our "D" line and linebackers what a wrecking crew.  What's up with the secondary maybe its lack of experience ,but you can't get burned on deep routes over and over again were going to get taken to the cleaners if we don't adjust. Like Tyrone said if nothing else bring on the pain. Thumbs up for the offensive line giving our  QB lots of time to find a receiver : I know when we get our two WR starters back the passing game will get serious. ( does anybody know their status ?) Some of the  other 19-a posters say Dayton doesn't have the weapons  to dominate like in years past ( I say hide and watch ) - Our jr. RB when not fumbling is gong to be one of the best in SETX strong and fast at times he was caring 3 to 4 players on his back gaining 5 to 10 yards after contact. X-man Baldwin the do it all player another potent weapon. When we get all the pieces to fit the puzzle this team  will do great things ! --- Nederland had some big corn fed kids and one of the biggest was their QB - dab a little polish on him and Nederland will definably be a contender in the post season. #7 WR for Ned. is a player good athletic ability with good hands he could play on any team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83