Barbers Hill vs. Pasadena Memorial - Tonight

bh89-2

Thoughts?  

Mine:
Pasadena Memorial is not excatly a push-over team.  They went 6-1 in district last year, including beating LaPorte 42-35, beating Pearland 28-13, beating Rosenburg Lamar Consilidated 28-21, and beating Baytown Lee 51-37 1st round of playoffs.  The one district loss came at the hand of Deer Park by a score of 16-3.  They lost during the 2nd round of the playoffs 26-13 to Leage City Clear Springs.  Those are some decent teams on that win list.  

I think BH has it's work cut-out.      

[quote name="dayton" post="827889" timestamp="1282319625"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71849.msg827888#msg827888 date=1282319440]
Can't wait to see the new scheme ;D
[/quote]

wish i could catch a little of this one. good luck BH.... at practice
[/quote]

I wished I could see Dayton and Nederland.  Scouting x2 for BH in that one.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="827903" timestamp="1282321032"]
Pasadena Memorial is always a tough, hard-nosed football team.  I would imagine they will be able to smash mouth the ball on BH a little bit.
It should be a good test for BH.
[/quote]

It's been a long time since BH has had the size they have this year.  Depth might be another issue, but it is a scrimmage.  Can't wait to see how this goes.  New coach, new offense, new commitment to play hard-nosed defense.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="827908" timestamp="1282321442"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=71849.msg827903#msg827903 date=1282321032]
Pasadena Memorial is always a tough, hard-nosed football team.  I would imagine they will be able to smash mouth the ball on BH a little bit.
It should be a good test for BH.
[/quote]

It's been a long time since BH has had the size they have this year.  Depth might be another issue, but it is a scrimmage.  Can't wait to see how this goes.  New coach, new offense, new commitment to play hard-nosed defense.
[/quote]

"Everyone has a game plan, until they get punched in the mouth."
Joe Louis

Ok just back from the scrimmage! Pasadena Memorial won both types of the scrimmage tonight. During the controlled scrimmage the score went PM 3 BH 2 and then there was a live half played where the score was PM 21 BH 13. With that said I think BH did an awesome job against a 5A playoff team with a first year coach and complete scheme rebuild. PM is picked by Dave Campbells Mag to Win District 22-5A with an enrollment of 2,802 students! Looks like coach Gage and crew look to have done a great job with the amount of time they have put in. BH had trouble moving the ball at times and contending with the speed of PM, but overall it was a good scrimmage for BH. Next weeks the real deal and I see the Eagles improving each week.

Go Eagles

[quote name="BHFAN" post="828332" timestamp="1282358580"]
Ok just back from the scrimmage! Pasadena Memorial won both types of the scrimmage tonight. During the controlled scrimmage the score went PM 3 BH 2 and then there was a live half played where the score was PM 21 BH 13. With that said I think BH did an awesome job against a 5A playoff team with a first year coach and complete scheme rebuild. PM is picked by Dave Campbells Mag to Win District 22-5A with an enrollment of 2,802 students! Looks like coach Gage and crew look to have done a great job with the amount of time they have put in. BH had trouble moving the ball at times and contending with the speed of PM, but overall it was a good scrimmage for BH. Next weeks the real deal and I see the Eagles improving each week.

Go Eagles
[/quote]

I was impressed with the new scheme as well.  Other than putting the ball on the turf about 7 times, we looked good considering an entire new offense.  Also, saw more emotion, fire and intensity from players than I have seen in a LONG time at BH ;D

The one thing I took from this scrimmage was the outstanding play by the new baseball coaches son at QB.  He played quite a bit during the JV scrimmage and some during the varsity scrimmage.  Dont recall his first name, but last name is Denny.  Townley (sorry if I mispelled that) looked pretty good throwing the ball, but denny has far more quickness, better decision making, and overall athletic ability.  McMillian seems to be a decent runner, but I did not see a QB in him as much as the others.  Guess it's a good thing to have three to choose from.   

Pasadena was drastically bigger and than we were and their running backs were quite good.  Pasadena also played very hard and physical football. Their lines pretty much whipped our tail all night, especially our offensive line.  Got some work to do there.  Defense did come with more intensity, which is nice to see.  Bellard, McSwain, and Sexton looked good and #10 covered the pass pretty well.  Overall the defense did well against a larger, faster team. 

Jury still out on offense and out line has to get more physical.  We threw the ball well, but still have some work to do running the ball.  Our interior running game was almost non-existent.  We did run outside well, but I kept thinking, Dayton wont let that happen.

Overall it's still something to grow on.  Looked pretty good for a small 4-A school facing a larger and good 5-A team.   

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Go-rilla" post="828427" timestamp="1282371970"]
I agree with you hill guy that was definetly the most trash talking and extra curriculars I've seen at BH in a long time.
[/quote]

You boys better get that in check. Just might ruin your "all-american boy" reputation.

When GCM's #21 was running his mouth and scoring on you at will last year, I don't recall the Hill fans calling it "emotion, fire and intensity."

Sounds like typical first scrimmage (didn't make it), trying to find kids that can play when the lights come on. It's totally different when your playing a varsity team instead of going against your JV at practice or even 1's vs 1's.

It's funny how last year when I posted that Pasadena Memorial had a good program (good coaches/players), how they had been in the playoffs and got beat by Katy a couple years ago in the regional semi-finals and a couple of you guys were telling me they were average/terrible.

Good luck Eagles as you start the season! Real test comes this Friday night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder