Vidor/WO-S scrimmage updates

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off this was still just a scrimmage and vidor played hard all the way threw! Good job pirates. But we seen miles of improvement since the dayton scrimmage! Only one dropped pass tonight, which was a big problem last week. Our offensive line looked much much better and our defense looked good too! Were not quite where we wanna be yet but this shows were working hard and getting closer! If we can improve this much in 3 days of practice, i wonder how good we will look next friday!?!

Guest rykerx144
WOS QB looks very good.  Very quick.  He definetly dont have pass protection.  To his credit all his yards gained passing was thrown on the run or on a screen.  That small back 43 is hard to keep up with.  With 5 on one side, 18 on the other, and 43 in the back field who needs protection.  

As for Vidor, my Grandmother taught me if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all!!  So thats all im going to say other than going to be a long year!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="827649" timestamp="1282271807"]
WOS QB looks very good.  Very quick.  He definetly dont have pass protection.  To his credit all his yards gained passing was thrown on the run or on a screen.  That small back 43 is hard to keep up with.  With 5 on one side, 18 on the other, and 43 in the back field who needs protection.  

As for Vidor, my Grandmother taught me if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all!!  So thats all im going to say other than going to be a long year!!
[/quote]

I didn't see what you saw, apparently. Vidor put some pressure on Garrett early, but as the game progressed he had more time. The line looked better as the game went on.

It is just a scrimmage, but what you are looking for right now is progress and I saw a bunch, not only from last week, but from the start of the game to the end. Hopefully, the trend will continue.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Gasilla" post="827669" timestamp="1282272924"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71834.msg827649#msg827649 date=1282271807]

[/quote]

I didn't see what you saw, apparently. Vidor put some pressure on Garrett early, but as the game progressed he had more time. The line looked better as the game went on.

It is just a scrimmage, but what you are looking for right now is progress and I saw a bunch, not only from last week, but from the start of the game to the end. Hopefully, the trend will continue.
[/quote]

I didn't see last week so I cant gauge progress.  From what I saw tonite when it was a set pass play Vidor seemed to be in the backfield pretty quick and often.  Not that it helped them though because that just put Garrett on the run and thats where is killed them.  He seems to pass better on the scramble than he does dropping back and getting set. 

lets face it guys vidor is no dayton, shouldnt even be brought up in the same sentence. lol Maybe WOS looked this good because Vidor may not have it this year. I cant wait to see how wos and ned square off next week, as for vidor it is still early so i guess they do have time to make some adjustments and get it together. good luck to both teams

[quote name="rykerx144" post="827710" timestamp="1282275989"]
besides the fewer dropped passes are we sure WOS improved that much or just played a weaker team??
[/quote]

Vidor is definitely no Dayton no doubt, but WOS moved the ball at will on Vidor. They scored 43 points and had 2 turnovers inside the 10 yd line. They dominated the scrimmage and that's about all you can really ask for, isn't it? No one has claimed state title potential, but yes, there was definite improvement, like it or not.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="827717" timestamp="1282276807"]
lets face it guys vidor is no dayton, shouldnt even be brought up in the same sentence. lol Maybe WOS looked this good because Vidor may not have it this year. [glow=red,2,300]I cant wait to see how wos and ned square off next week[/glow], as for vidor it is still early so i guess they do have time to make some adjustments and get it together. good luck to both teams
[/quote]Tonight ...Not next week..Great test for the dogs

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Gasilla" post="827720" timestamp="1282277678"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71834.msg827710#msg827710 date=1282275989]
besides the fewer dropped passes are we sure WOS improved that much or just played a weaker team??
[/quote]

Vidor is definitely no Dayton no doubt, but WOS moved the ball at will on Vidor. They scored 43 points and had 2 turnovers inside the 10 yd line. They dominated the scrimmage and that's about all you can really ask for, isn't it? No one has claimed state title potential, but yes, there was definite improvement, like it or not.
[/quote]

No I agree, they definetly looked good. 

(WO-S ) JV.coach dan hooks and his coaching staff have alot to smile about at this point and time becouse like it was said last night he has 4 are 5 kids he and his staff are looking at very close and may bring them up,hooks is soul searching with in himself.its been a long time that something like this has  happned at west orange stark, just ask any of the coaches there. PS i also like the back up QB the stings have

If I was a WOS fan, I would be a little concerned about how Vidor moved the ball around the corners with the Chain Gang pretty much stacking 11 men in the box. There was never a threat for Vidor to pass so everyone knew it was a run every play. In all fairness, I left at half time so did not see much in the second half. But Vidor fumbled in their own red zone and it was returned for a TD. Probably should have been WOS 6--Vidor 0 at half time.

On the other hand, WOS QB is very dangerous along with the big WR. I just feel that the stangs were to one dimensional to move the ball. A really good defense will put a spy man on the QB and put a halt to all those long scrambles. With that being said, he is one heck of an athlete with a good double threat, scramble/run and he has a good arm. That endzone pass in the corner to big boy is gonna be pretty tough to stop.

I really think this WOS/NED game is gonna be a really good hard fought game. I cant wait.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Roughrider" post="827794" timestamp="1282312625"]
If I was a WOS fan, I would be a little concerned about how Vidor moved the ball around the corners with the Chain Gang pretty much stacking 11 men in the box. There was never a threat for Vidor to pass so everyone knew it was a run every play. In all fairness, I left at half time so did not see much in the second half. [color=red][size=12pt]But Vidor fumbled in their own red zone and it was returned for a TD. Probably should have been WOS 6--Vidor 0 at half time. [/size] [/color]
On the other hand, WOS QB is very dangerous along with the big WR. I just feel that the stangs were to one dimensional to move the ball. A really good defense will put a spy man on the QB and put a halt to all those long scrambles. With that being said, he is one heck of an athlete with a good double threat, scramble/run and he has a good arm. That endzone pass in the corner to big boy is gonna be pretty tough to stop.

I really think this WOS/NED game is gonna be a really good hard fought game. I cant wait.
[/quote]

thats the play i was talking about giving Hooks credit for the 6 points.  WOS picked up a fumble and ran it the length of the field.  The Line Judge on WOS side threw a flag for a OBVIOUS block in the back.  Immediately after the play was over Hooks had conversation with the LJ that threw the flag and the Umpire came over for a second and they talked with Hooks and then it was waved off and counted the TD.  About that time is when Matthews justifiably blew his top!! LOL   Hooks needs credit for them 6 points LOL ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax