Re: 12u Try Outs for Beaumont Blast

[quote name="Dottie" post="824155" timestamp="1281390566"]
I'm not sure what happened or what all is going on.. all I know is that this is supposed to be about the girls and the parents are all supposed to be adults. It's not just coaches and parents who read this board... a lot of the players do as well. And to speak of their team in the way I've seen some of the "adults" do is just shameful.
[/quote]

I completely agree! You have been a voice of reason time and time again.

You almost don't fit in here... you're way too grounded.  :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotty28
Well everyone is right to their own opinions, but like I stated earlier yes all the girls was great but deep down inside I believe if this coach didn't know any of the girls and the girls had never played on select teams my daughter would have been chosen,but since girls have played for the two assistance coach and have played on select teams they had an advantage. Which that's not fair the team was not picked on talent and no this is not a new team just a new name.

[quote name="hotty28" post="824162" timestamp="1281392231"]...but since girls have played for the two assistance coach and have played on select teams they had an advantage. Which that's not fair the team was not picked on talent and no this is not a new team just a new name.
[/quote]

Dottie has spelled this out very well in her analogies. I don't think it can be made any more clear. The email did come today and more than half of the team (8.) are from other places (more than half of those had no previous select experience), with a margin of core players (5) from the previous team. It IS, as stated before, a new team. So, to keep repeating the mantra "this isn't a new team" doesn't make it so.

[quote author=sclifto27 link=topic=71322.msg824172#msg824172 date=1281394868]
Wanted her to get on the blast because I know Mr Donald a good coach thats my daughter pitching coach. I just hope she can get on a team so she can learn more and have fun while learning. I thank all the coaches for giving my daughter a chance to try out.
[/quote]

Thanks for your post. It goes to show that even though she was/is a student of the Coach D., there was no favoritism. With you and your daughters' attitude, she will do fine as she matures. Thanks again.

[quote name="Cake88" post="822441" timestamp="1280709347"]
Is this a new team or a team coming up under a new name and is filling spots?  Are all spots available and the girls will have to compete for the positions or are positions already taken?  Just would like to know what to expect before I bring (If I bring depending on the answer) my daughter to the tryouts.  Other parents are interested also. 

[/quote] I am glad I asked this question above.  OMG.  All of this behind a team?  Who cares?  If your daughter did not get chosen you have two choices.  1. Work hard and try out for another team.  2. If you feel so strongly that the team in question is Daddy ball be glad she is not on the team.  Move on.  Quit crying.  There are enough teams to go around.  Like Dottie said go to another tryout.  Stop bashing.  Why are you teaching your child sour grapes?  Teach them how to take defeat and learn from it.  Not roll around in it. 

[quote name="hotty28" post="824162" timestamp="1281392231"]
Well everyone is right to their own opinions, but like I stated earlier yes all the girls was great but deep down inside I believe if this coach didn't know any of the girls and the girls had never played on select teams my daughter would have been chosen,but since girls have played for the two assistance coach and have played on select teams they had an advantage. Which that's not fair the team was not picked on talent and no this is not a new team just a new name.
[/quote]
Maybe the coach picked the kids [b]He[/b] wanted.  [b]He[/b] is the coach and [b]He[/b] picks who [b]He[/b] and [b]His[/b] assistants want to.  No one said this was a contest with impartial judges. [b]His[b] team [b]His [/b] choices. Simply as that. 

[quote name="setx99" post="824007" timestamp="1281366276"]
It's apparent that you are disappointed that your daughter did not make this team, but the way teams are picked isn't any different on any other team out there.  If a coach has a playing daughter and he has 2 or 3 assistant coaches and they have kids playing then that is 3 spots taken already, then if you have kids previously on the team they will pick from them before looking at others. [color=red][i][u][b]If you look at the "new" GT Shockers, its the same.[/b][/u][/i][/color]  It doesn't differ that much from rec ball either.  They need to do A and B teams so that more girls can play and if they aren't performing on the A-team and a girl on the B-team is performing they can switch them out.  I hear that they do this in Houston.  You might try OOC as far as try outs go and make sure you go to both, they lost a lot of girls.  I don't think personally that this team put up a front in having try outs, but I do understand where you are coming from, if you take a hard look at the other teams, you'll find it's not different.

[/quote]

Leave us out of this unless you have at least attended our tryouts or have been a part of our program, or have spoken to ME personally. I do not have coaches that are dads at this point. The coaches are Me (Craig Soignet) and several GTS Gold players.

NO DAD HAS BEEN PART OF ANYTHING WE HAVE DONE TO THIS POINT.

I will ask a dad or two to help me out as we move into the season, however, these dads will be chosen AFTER the kids have been chosen, therefore NO SPOTS WERE TAKEN (as you put it) due to daddy coaches being pre-determined!

Thanks,
Craig Soignet

[quote name="Tigers9" post="825116" timestamp="1281705545"]
[quote author=setx99 link=topic=71322.msg824007#msg824007 date=1281366276]
It's apparent that you are disappointed that your daughter did not make this team, but the way teams are picked isn't any different on any other team out there.  If a coach has a playing daughter and he has 2 or 3 assistant coaches and they have kids playing then that is 3 spots taken already, then if you have kids previously on the team they will pick from them before looking at others. [color=red][i][u][b]If you look at the "new" GT Shockers, its the same.[/b][/u][/i][/color]  It doesn't differ that much from rec ball either.  They need to do A and B teams so that more girls can play and if they aren't performing on the A-team and a girl on the B-team is performing they can switch them out.  I hear that they do this in Houston.  You might try OOC as far as try outs go and make sure you go to both, they lost a lot of girls.  I don't think personally that this team put up a front in having try outs, but I do understand where you are coming from, if you take a hard look at the other teams, you'll find it's not different.

[/quote]

Leave us out of this unless you have at least attended our tryouts or have been a part of our program, or have spoken to ME personally. I do not have coaches that are dads at this point. The coaches are Me (Craig Soignet) and several GTS Gold players.[b]

NO DAD HAS BEEN PART OF ANYTHING WE HAVE DONE TO THIS POINT. [/b]

I will ask a dad or two to help me out as we move into the season, however, these dads will be chosen AFTER the kids have been chosen, therefore NO SPOTS WERE TAKEN (as you put it) due to daddy coaches being pre-determined!

Thanks,
Craig Soignet
[/quote]

This would be funny, if I didn't find it so sad that you actually think people believe everything you sign "Craig Soignet" to. Please explain just who did have something to do with what you have done to this point, if it wasn't a DAD. The way I remember it, you showed up at a practice that a DAD had organized for a team to "get together informally and play a tournament" in Lufkin the week after Panama City and turned it into a tryout for this team that you want left out of this. No parent knew what they were showing up there for except YOU and a few deceitful DADDIES. And you want us to believe that those DADDIES' girls didn't have a guaranteed spot? I was born at night, but it wasn't LAST night... ;)

And so again it resorts to criticism of girls... I was not a part of the team that went to Lufkin so I don't know exactly who was or wasn't on the team or how it came about. I do know what happened at our try out and what has happened since. My understanding of the team that went to Lufkin is that it was primarily the 10U GT Shockers girls, 3 of the OOC girls and a couple of others. The new GT Shockers team is made up of only one 10U shocker girl, the bulk are old OOC girls and then a few others.

My daughter wasn't even known by Craig until she showed up for tryouts. Those girls worked their butts off at tryouts. It was not run by daddies. It was run by Craig and the Gold group. If there were a few girls that went to Lufkin that made this team they did so because of their ability and not because their daddy is a coach. To say any different is both uninformed and really inconsiderate to those girls. Trust me.. they worked hard at try outs and have worked even harder at practices. There is not a girl on the team that didn't earn her place on the team and not a girl who isn't working her butt off both literally and figuratively to keep it.

NO.. these girls didn't just get on the team because of their daddy. I'm so sick of this entire discussion.. let go of whatever happened with Lufkin and move forward. QUIT knocking girls who are working hard. Has everyone forgotten what we all preach... that it's all about the GIRLS? If that is true.. make it about them and let it go.

We almost didn't go to the tryouts for the new shockers due to all the rumors.. I'm so glad we decided to go ahead and check it out for ourselves. I think it will be one of the best choices we've ever made for our daughter with regards to softball. She and every other girl on the team EARNED their place on the team.. to suggest any differently is just sad.

SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA, were you a parent who was involved in any of this? If so, speak for yourself.  My daughter was one that was "invited" to play with the team that went to Lufkin.  And the person that invited her is a parent whose daughter is on the Blast.  The way *I* remember it, we did not have all the details of the how and why prior to the first meeting.  We were invited to play and we agreed.  However, after the first meeting/practice, enough information was given to understand enough about why it was put together.  If people didn't like it after the first meeting/practice, why did they show up for the second practice and play in the tournament?  How that fits into DADS from the new GT Shocker team being deceitful, I have no idea.   Troy and I never once felt like we were being deceived.  The initial invitation has led us to where we are right now and for that I am thankful regardless of the hows and whys it all came about.

Craig's point was that there are no dads coaching the new GTS team.  The girls were not given spots based on the fact that one of their dads was going to help coach.  Simple as that.  

Are you saying that the girls on the GTS team did not make the team based on their skills?  Were you at the tryouts and did you see the girls that tried out?  If not, then how would you know who should have received spots?  

I second what Dottie said....I believe that the decision to join the GTS team is one of the best decisions we have made for our daughter with regard to softball.  They did bust their butts at tryouts (both of them) and continue to bust their butts at practices and have earned their spots on the team.  If you don't believe me, come check out one of our practices.  These girls have been practicing extremely hard and are still coming back for more.  They know all their hard work will only make them better.  So don't knock it until you try it.

Why people (especially anonymous people) feel the need to create conspiracy when there is none, I will never understand.  Get over it and move on.  We sure have and are extremely happy with our decision.  We are looking forward to the upcoming season and are not looking back.

Amy

[quote name="tpriddy" post="825623" timestamp="1281843988"]
SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA, were you a parent who was involved in any of this? If so, speak for yourself.  My daughter was one that was "invited" to play with the team that went to Lufkin.  And the person that invited her is a parent whose daughter is on the Blast.  The way *I* remember it, we did not have all the details of the how and why prior to the first meeting.  We were invited to play and we agreed.  However, after the first meeting/practice, enough information was given to understand enough about why it was put together.  If people didn't like it after the first meeting/practice, why did they show up for the second practice and play in the tournament?  How that fits into DADS from the new GT Shocker team being deceitful, I have no idea.  Troy and I never once felt like we were being deceived.  The initial invitation has led us to where we are right now and for that I am thankful regardless of the hows and whys it all came about.

Craig's point was that there are no dads coaching the new GTS team.  The girls were not given spots based on the fact that one of their dads was going to help coach.  Simple as that. 

Are you saying that the girls on the GTS team did not make the team based on their skills?  Were you at the tryouts and did you see the girls that tried out?  If not, then how would you know who should have received spots? 

I second what Dottie said....I believe that the decision to join the GTS team is one of the best decisions we have made for our daughter with regard to softball.  They did bust their butts at tryouts (both of them) and continue to bust their butts at practices and have earned their spots on the team.  If you don't believe me, come check out one of our practices.  These girls have been practicing extremely hard and are still coming back for more.  They know all their hard work will only make them better.  So don't knock it until you try it.

Why people (especially anonymous people) feel the need to create conspiracy when there is none, I will never understand.  Get over it and move on.  We sure have and are extremely happy with our decision.  We are looking forward to the upcoming season and are not looking back.

Amy
[/quote]

Wait a minute...I never said anything negative about ANY girl on that team. I have nothing negative to say about those girls, but for Craig Soignet to come on here and say that no spots were taken is completely FALSE, because they were. There was a reason you didn't know details prior to the first meeting, it was because a dad was orchestrating it that way. He kept it very quiet what his true intent was, because he knew that was the only way he would get parents to agree. I'll be happy to let the so called "controversy" go away, but I will not sit quietly while people spew half-truths.

I am very glad you are happy.

SUPERSOFTBALLMOM

My husband was part of organizing the group that went to Lufkin.  This was planned several months prior to Panama City.  It consisted of girls from my daughters all star team.  The team wanted to stop playing after the district tournment due to other family obligations.  The tournament director asked my husband if he could get some girls together and still participate.  He asked a couple of parents on my daughters team at that time the "old GTS" if they would be willing to play a tournament after Panama City.  These parents agreed.  One parent from OOC was contacted to see if their daughter wanted to play.  After that several other parents inquired about the team.  SUPERSOFTBALLMOM one of your current players parents contacted my husband to see if they could participate.  No one was being deceitful about that weekend.  Coach Craig was open and honest about what the team was going to consist of and if you did not like it you were welcome to leave.  He said several times [b]"what is going on in Lufkin with this group of girls I have nothing to do with".  "This is a group of parents that want one more tournament at 10U." [/b] My daughter has tried out on her own merits with every team she has been apart of.  From the Beaumont area to the Houston area and North Texas.  If you are taking a shot at her that is wrong.  No one knew my daughter when we first came to the "old GTS tryout".  But after several tryouts and getting favorable remarks from different tryouts we chose the shockers.  Anyone that knows my daughter knows that she hustles and gives 100 % everytime.  And if this is who I think it is I am so very disappointed in you.  When she was on the team with your daughter we did it all to help support the team.  People had made up their minds that they were going to leave their teams after Panama City before the Lufkin tournament.  We "my husband" had told the "old GTS" coaches that we were not going to roster with them this fall at 12U.  Nothing deceitful about that.  No one twisted anyones arm to force anyone to come to those practices.  Coach Craig is not to blame for any of this. [b]In my opinion only. [/b]  I feel that he needed to step in to do what was best for the GTS name and organization. 

Charlotte Mattox

And my point is that I have never spoken to a dad about any of this. I am completely in the dark. And from what I understand, the bulk of this new team was not even in Lufkin so my guess is that the bulk of this team also is in the dark about any of this.

But to suggest a girl got on the team simply because of a dad is not fair to that girl. It's the very thing I was upset about the person saying about Blast. Did a girl get seen ahead of tryouts and therefore have an advantage? Sure. Did he (Craig) already know about girls before tryouts that gave them an advantage.. sure. Neither of those things have anything to do with a dad. And again, to my understanding about the dad that made phone calls.. he has not even been involved like we thought it was going to be. He hasn't even been at all the practices. And he had nothing to do with tryouts.

We almost didn't go to this tryout. We had been told about all the phone calls and that it was a dad's team etc. We figured if they wanted our daughter on the team they would have called us to go to Lufkin and since they didn't they must not have wanted us. It's a good thing we decided to check it out for ourselves. Because it was so different from that.

Again, if there are a few girls who went to Lufkin on the team that was put together that ended up on this team that's fine. But this is not the team that went to Lufkin and the number of girls on this team from that team is minimal compared to the entire team.  

I'm in this for the girls. It's all about them learning the most they can. Doing the best that they can and having the most fun that they can while accomplishing that. Our daughter is moving into a time when it is crucial for her to learn as much as possible. We shopped teams this go around for that very purpose. And we ended up accepting the offer from this team.  We didn't then nor now really know anymore than hints at the "controversy". What we do know is what we've seen. We have seen Craig and the Gold team girls running tryouts and practices. No daddy has been involved. We have seen our daughter be pushed harder than she has ever been pushed. We've seen her learning in a short time things no one has ever shown her. She was a good solid player before. I have no doubt she is going to be pushed into being exceptional by the end of the season. As will every girl on the team. That to me is what it is all about.

There will be controversy and rumors always.. it's the nature of the game. But at some point we have to rise above it and just move forward with our girls. To me, a time when a girl gets on a team just because of a daddy would be a girl who really doesn't have what it takes and yet she gets put on the team anyway.. that did not happen on this team. Every girl on this team earned her place and everyone of them has strengths that will help her team. Everyone of them is working on their weaknesses for their team. But not one is there simply because of a daddy which is what I believe the point was.

[quote name="SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA" post="825709" timestamp="1281880944"]
[quote author=tpriddy link=topic=71322.msg825623#msg825623 date=1281843988]
SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA, were you a parent who was involved in any of this? If so, speak for yourself.  My daughter was one that was "invited" to play with the team that went to Lufkin.  And the person that invited her is a parent whose daughter is on the Blast.  The way *I* remember it, we did not have all the details of the how and why prior to the first meeting.  We were invited to play and we agreed.  However, after the first meeting/practice, enough information was given to understand enough about why it was put together.  If people didn't like it after the first meeting/practice, why did they show up for the second practice and play in the tournament?  How that fits into DADS from the new GT Shocker team being deceitful, I have no idea.   Troy and I never once felt like we were being deceived.  The initial invitation has led us to where we are right now and for that I am thankful regardless of the hows and whys it all came about.

Craig's point was that there are no dads coaching the new GTS team.  The girls were not given spots based on the fact that one of their dads was going to help coach.  Simple as that. 

Are you saying that the girls on the GTS team did not make the team based on their skills?  Were you at the tryouts and did you see the girls that tried out?  If not, then how would you know who should have received spots? 

I second what Dottie said....I believe that the decision to join the GTS team is one of the best decisions we have made for our daughter with regard to softball.  They did bust their butts at tryouts (both of them) and continue to bust their butts at practices and have earned their spots on the team.  If you don't believe me, come check out one of our practices.  These girls have been practicing extremely hard and are still coming back for more.  They know all their hard work will only make them better.  So don't knock it until you try it.

Why people (especially anonymous people) feel the need to create conspiracy when there is none, I will never understand.  Get over it and move on.  We sure have and are extremely happy with our decision.  We are looking forward to the upcoming season and are not looking back.

Amy
[/quote]

Wait a minute...I never said anything negative about ANY girl on that team. I have nothing negative to say about those girls, [color=red][u][b]but for Craig Soignet to come on here and say that no spots were taken is completely FALSE, because they were.[/b][/u][/color] There was a reason you didn't know details prior to the first meeting, it was because a dad was orchestrating it that way. He kept it very quiet what his true intent was, because he knew that was the only way he would get parents to agree. I'll be happy to let the so called "controversy" go away, but I will not sit quietly while people spew half-truths.

[/quote]

AGAIN! I say, leave our organization out of this conversation, UNLESS, you have been to our tryout, been part of our organization, or have spoken to me personally.
I can take alot, I have VERY thick skin (been doing this for a LONG while) but I will not keep quite when someone Lies, degrades, or offers FALSE (as you put it) information about the GT Shockers Organization.

Ill use the "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid) method for the impaired.

1) No dad was involved in tryouts
2) No dad is a coach
3) I didnt even pick the players, that made the team (current GTS Gold coaches, ex GTS coaches, and current GTS Gold players did that)
4) Once I was given the final list of players who were thought to be the best, I made the calls

Im NOT sure of YOUR agenda, but IF you want to make this an ISSUE and continue to drag us into this, I can and will accomodate you.

You seem to be amused that I sign my name, thats because Im not sure you newbies know what my screen name is, so I made sure everyone knew it was ME (Craig Soignet) responding, and that Im not going to HIDE behind a screen name. Are you willing to do the same, or just spout lies and stir crap you know NOTHING about behind SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA!

Craig Soignet

I will second what Craig said. I was there at tryouts and part of the decision making process. I too do not have a daughter playing on the team. All the girls earned their selection. Period. Some people are obviously trying to convince other people that their perception of things are indeed fact. Well, you are wrong as wrong can be. The girls that made the team worked hard, presented themselves well and earned the spot. By reading all the post I would like to say how good it feels to read the post of the Shocker parents. We obviously did a good job on picking ya"ll as well.

supersoftballmomma, The thing I have been wondering about (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) is if your daughter is on a team and you honestly feel that you put her in the best situation to make it to the next level (if that's what she chooses to do) then why do you have any issues with anyone at all, especially players, dads, coaches etc from other teams? You should be concentrating on her and her team, not the Shockers.

[quote name="SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA" post="825709" timestamp="1281880944"]
SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA, were you a parent who was involved in any of this? If so, speak for yourself.  My daughter was one that was "invited" to play with the team that went to Lufkin.  And the person that invited her is a parent whose daughter is on the Blast.  The way *I* remember it, we did not have all the details of the how and why prior to the first meeting.  We were invited to play and we agreed.  However, after the first meeting/practice, enough information was given to understand enough about why it was put together.  If people didn't like it after the first meeting/practice, why did they show up for the second practice and play in the tournament?  How that fits into DADS from the new GT Shocker team being deceitful, I have no idea.   Troy and I never once felt like we were being deceived.  The initial invitation has led us to where we are right now and for that I am thankful regardless of the hows and whys it all came about.

Amy
[/quote]

Wait a minute...[b]I never said anything negative about ANY girl on that team[/b]. I have nothing negative to say about those girls, but for Craig Soignet to come on here and say that no spots were taken is completely FALSE, because they were. There was a reason you didn't know details prior to the first meeting, it was because a dad was orchestrating it that way. He kept it very quiet what his true intent was, because he knew that was the only way he would get parents to agree. I'll be happy to let the so called "controversy" go away, but I will not sit quietly while people spew half-truths.

[/quote]

But you did when you said that those girls only made it because there Daddies were going to coach. Don't you see.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="825768" timestamp="1281897716"]
[quote author=SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA link=topic=71322.msg825709#msg825709 date=1281880944]
SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA, were you a parent who was involved in any of this? If so, speak for yourself.  My daughter was one that was "invited" to play with the team that went to Lufkin.  And the person that invited her is a parent whose daughter is on the Blast.  The way *I* remember it, we did not have all the details of the how and why prior to the first meeting.  We were invited to play and we agreed.  However, after the first meeting/practice, enough information was given to understand enough about why it was put together.  If people didn't like it after the first meeting/practice, why did they show up for the second practice and play in the tournament?  How that fits into DADS from the new GT Shocker team being deceitful, I have no idea.   Troy and I never once felt like we were being deceived.  The initial invitation has led us to where we are right now and for that I am thankful regardless of the hows and whys it all came about.

Craig's point was that there are no dads coaching the new GTS team.  The girls were not given spots based on the fact that one of their dads was going to help coach.  Simple as that.  

Are you saying that the girls on the GTS team did not make the team based on their skills?  Were you at the tryouts and did you see the girls that tried out?  If not, then how would you know who should have received spots?  

I second what Dottie said....I believe that the decision to join the GTS team is one of the best decisions we have made for our daughter with regard to softball.  They did bust their butts at tryouts (both of them) and continue to bust their butts at practices and have earned their spots on the team.  If you don't believe me, come check out one of our practices.  These girls have been practicing extremely hard and are still coming back for more.  They know all their hard work will only make them better.  So don't knock it until you try it.

Why people (especially anonymous people) feel the need to create conspiracy when there is none, I will never understand.  Get over it and move on.  We sure have and are extremely happy with our decision.  We are looking forward to the upcoming season and are not looking back.

Amy
[/quote]

Wait a minute...[b]I never said anything negative about ANY girl on that team[/b]. I have nothing negative to say about those girls, but for Craig Soignet to come on here and say that no spots were taken is completely FALSE, because they were. There was a reason you didn't know details prior to the first meeting, it was because a dad was orchestrating it that way. He kept it very quiet what his true intent was, because he knew that was the only way he would get parents to agree. I'll be happy to let the so called "controversy" go away, but I will not sit quietly while people spew half-truths.

[/quote]

But you did when you said that those girls only made it because there Daddies were going to coach. Don't you see.
[/quote]

I don't think I said any daddy was going to coach. Please show me where I said that a daddy was going to coach. What I said was daddies were INVOLVED, and I stand by that.

Soignet showed up at the practice to get ready for the Lufkin tournament and turned it into a parent meeting/tryout. That isn't what we thought we were showing up there for. I just want Soignet and all of his minions to quit splitting hairs and be honest.

Soignet attacked a poster for saying that most all teams have a few spots taken before tryouts happen. He says that isn't so in his organization. All I'm saying is, it IS so. Even in the case of the GT Shocker GOLD team, All I'm saying is that people need to quit spinning the facts.

One more thing. The way I remember it, this started out as a tryout thread for the Blast, and for some reason  certain people felt a need to create controversy around that team (where there was none) and used this thread to do it. I read it and tried to ignore it for a while, but eventually I felt the need to call y'all on it. If that makes me unpopular on this board, so be it. The only reason I can come up with for the stuff that has been spewed is because the people doing it are either afraid of the competition or are just mad that certain parents chose to go somewhere other than the Shockers. As Dottie stated before, there is enough talent to support both teams, but for some reason, certain people are just very opposed to that, which is very puzzling to me.

[b]Admin Note: Watch the language SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA!  This is your first warning. Second, we don't need to talk about kids of specific persons.  You are getting way too specific here! [/b]

I've been reading this message board for a long time, and today I have decided to voice my opinion.
When it comes to Tiger9, I know he is looking for the best players to fill his team. When it comes to tryouts everyone must earn her spot on the team. Even if you are a coaches daughter, it doesn't give you an advantage over any other girl. It sounds to me like you are the one spinning the facts and trying to downgrade TIGER9. I KNOW HE IS NOT AFRIAD OF COMPETITION....MAYBE YOU ARE?? It sounds like your daughter did not make the team so you are upset. As for his DD, she was good enough to play on other gold teams but chose to play for the Shockers. So quit knocking on what you don't know.  Tiger9 had nothing to do with picking her on the Gold team, as he is not the coach. So, why even bring up his DD in this? There was no need for that. Also, you are the one that keeps bringing up the GT Shockers on this thread. If you are concerned with the Blast write about them, and not the Shockers!!!! He is only trying to do what is best for his team, as all the teams are doing. Keep your negative opinions to yourself, and let each person decide where they want to play.

[quote name="SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA" post="825793" timestamp="1281902956"]
[quote author=JohnnyT60 link=topic=71322.msg825768#msg825768 date=1281897716]
[quote author=SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA link=topic=71322.msg825709#msg825709 date=1281880944]

Amy
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think I said any daddy was going to coach. Please show me where I said that a daddy was going to coach. What I said was daddies were INVOLVED, and I stand by that.

Soignet showed up at the practice to get ready for the Lufkin tournament and turned it into a parent meeting/tryout. That isn't what we thought we were showing up there for. I just want Soignet and all of his minions to quit splitting hairs and be honest.

[color=red]LIE #1 - "If I remember this correctly"....I went to West Brook High School (WHERE MY DAUGHTER  PRACTICES) and this team showed up there or does your selective memory fail you. AS you say I want that bit of info to go away and not be mentioned.[/color]

Soignet attacked a poster for saying that most all teams have a few spots taken before tryouts happen. He says that isn't so in his organization. All I'm saying is, it IS so.

[color=red]LIE #2 - I asked that we not be brought into this, a parent that was upset that their kid didnt make  the Blast team started bashing YALL, the poster brought us into, AGAIN selective memory on your part.[/color]

One more thing. The way I remember it, this started out as a tryout thread for the Blast, and for some reason  certain people felt a need to create controversy around that team (where there was none) and used this thread to do it.

[color=red]Truth #1 - you finally told a TRUTH.......but it wasnt me, the league player that didnt make your team was the one questioning ya'lls coaches decisions, then one of YALL chose to bring OUR name into it (as if you knew anything about us)[/color]

I read it and tried to ignore it for a while, but eventually I felt the need to call Bull$**t on it.

[color=red]TRUTH #2 - There is BS as you put, all Ive asked is that Yall leave us out of it![/color]

If that makes me unpopular on this board, so be it. The only reason I can come up with for the BS that has been spewed is because the people doing it are either afraid of the competition

[color=red]NOW THIS IS FUNNY! I suggest you check the records and accomplishment of the CURRENT Blast powers to that of OURS.........the step children do not bother me at all......but if THEY are what you calling competition........then you need to get out more ALOT more![/color]

or are just mad that certain parents chose to go somewhere other than the Shockers. As Dottie stated before, there is enough talent to support both teams, but for some reason, certain people are just very opposed to that, which is very puzzling to me.

[color=red]Ive been around long enough to know what talent is, but thanks for the lesson, If I need anymore help I'll be sure to ask you.......

If you truely want to get into a spitting contest over which organization has done what THEN or NOW, Ill be more than glad to expose the laundry.....and in case you want to try a twist.......BLAST GOLD is NOT part of the Beaumont Blast Org..........if you care to know THAT history.......Ill of they left, Ill let Trout expalin it.....second fiddle, just a hint[/color]

[b]Admin Note[/b]  Watch the language, Tiger9.

[/quote]

[quote name="SUPERSOFTBALLMOMMA" post="825793" timestamp="1281902956"]
[quote author=JohnnyT60 link=topic=71322.msg825768#msg825768 date=1281897716]

Amy
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Soignet attacked a poster for saying that most all teams have a few spots taken before tryouts happen. He says that isn't so in his organization. All I'm saying is, it IS so. Even in the case of the GT Shocker GOLD team, I would think this is the case. Craig Soignet is the "President" of the Shockers non-profit corporation, so it would be unlikely that his daughter didn't have a guaranteed spot. I'm not saying she isn't good enough. I'm not even knocking the fact that this takes place; it's just a fact of life.When you work to build an organization, and you are the one "hiring or firing" the non-dad coach, your kid probably will have a spot on the team. All I'm saying is that people need to quit spinning the facts.

One more thing. The way I remember it, this started out as a tryout thread for the Blast, and for some reason  certain people felt a need to create controversy around that team (where there was none) and used this thread to do it. I read it and tried to ignore it for a while, but eventually I felt the need to call Bull$**t on it. If that makes me unpopular on this board, so be it. The only reason I can come up with for the BS that has been spewed is because the people doing it are either afraid of the competition or are just pissed off that certain parents chose to go somewhere other than the Shockers. As Dottie stated before, there is enough talent to support both teams, but for some reason, certain people are just very opposed to that, which is very puzzling to me.
[/quote] I am coach Trout and I and Jesica Lemoine and Jimmy Weise pick our Gold team. Nobody else is asked their opionion and nobody elses opionion matters. Craig comes to our practices and sits with the other Dads and watches like everyone else. I like Craig but he has no influnce over what we do as a team. Anyone that says otherwise is a LIAR AND DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. END OF CONVERSATION  and please do invole my Gold Team again  if wish to call my # is 409-658-9056.

[b]Admin note:  No need to name a specific girl in this.  If this is going to be fight amongst the adults, keep it amongst the adults.

SUPERSOFTBALLMOM

You said that you were there at the practice Monday. I know which mom's were there from the old GTS team.  The bookkeeper was not one of them.  All the parents that were present had a child that was going to play in the tournament in Lufkin.  If there was so much deceit going on why did you stay?  Why did you go to Lufkin?  You can't answer that because you did not go to Lufkin and you were not at the practice.  You are going off rumors and lies.  We have all picked our teams.  Good luck to all and be happy with your choice. 

Charlotte Mattox

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23