19-4A 2010-2011 Baseball

geedad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest 24baseball24
BH will lead 19-4a only because half of their team has varsity experience along with the new coach Denny with 4 state champions under his belt. They have four top pitchers two of them throwing 90+.

90+?WOW!!!!! ;D I can't wait for baseball season to start...I will not take anything from your boys because I have stood side by side and enjoyed "all 4 of your 90+ pitchers" play this awsome game we are blessed with too watch.Good luck to The Hill and and GCM in 19-4A baseball...We are all undefeated till the first game..Just please don't count Baytown Lee out of this race....GO GANDERS!!!!!Tell your boys coach Gee said GO HARD!!!!!!! ;)

[quote name="24baseball24" post="848942" timestamp="1284691951"]
BH will lead 19-4a only because half of their team has varsity experience along with the new coach Denny with 4 state champions under his belt. They have four top pitchers two of them throwing 90+.
[/quote]

The harder they throw, the farther they go.

Not sure who you would have at 90+
One tops out at 89 and another at 85
One of those tips his pitches so badly that it's almost not fair to him.

Guest 24baseball24
[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="848988" timestamp="1284694441"]
90+?WOW!!!!! ;D I can't wait for baseball season to start...I will not take anything from your boys because I have stood side by side and enjoyed "[b]all 4 of your 90+ pitchers[/b]" play this awsome game we are blessed with too watch.Good luck to The Hill and and GCM in 19-4A baseball...We are all undefeated till the first game..Just please don't count Baytown Lee out of this race....GO GANDERS!!!!!Tell your boys coach Gee said GO HARD!!!!!!! ;)
[/quote]
I didnt say 4 pitchers throwing 90+. only said 2. and its not the two popular long and legett. they barely made 82. its two seniors who one didnt play at all last year cause the terrible coaching pushed him away and the other wasnt even on varsity last year. two new guns coming for BH

[quote name="24baseball24" post="852785" timestamp="1285080113"]
[quote author=GeeGanderdad link=topic=71624.msg848988#msg848988 date=1284694441]
90+?WOW!!!!! ;D I can't wait for baseball season to start...I will not take anything from your boys because I have stood side by side and enjoyed "[b]all 4 of your 90+ pitchers[/b]" play this awsome game we are blessed with too watch.Good luck to The Hill and and GCM in 19-4A baseball...We are all undefeated till the first game..Just please don't count Baytown Lee out of this race....GO GANDERS!!!!!Tell your boys coach Gee said GO HARD!!!!!!! ;)
[/quote]
I didnt say 4 pitchers throwing 90+. only said 2. and its not the two popular long and legett. they barely made 82. its two seniors who one didnt play at all last year cause the terrible coaching pushed him away and the other wasnt even on varsity last year. two new guns coming for BH
[/quote]

hey 24 check your pms.

80-90 mph.Give me the highschool guy that can hit his spots and keep people guessing and he's my man.There is more kids these days that can hit"with a bat" high 80's low 90mph pitch all day.Keep them guessing and you own the plate!GO GANDERS!Your from the Hill and your putting your own kids on blast!What a man!

Guest 24baseball24
[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="853265" timestamp="1285115080"]
80-90 mph.Give me the highschool guy that can hit his spots and keep people guessing and he's my man.There is more kids these days that can hit"with a bat" high 80's low 90mph pitch all day.Keep them guessing and you own the plate!GO GANDERS!Your from the Hill and your putting your own kids on blast!What a man!
[/quote]
funny thing is that im not even from the bump

funny how it is always the coach why kids dont play.. I thought sports teach life lessons.... I guess it is ok to quit because you don't like the coach.. just like in life... if you dont like the boss... quit....

what a stupid mentality!!!! that kind of thinking will bring America down!!!
How about suck it up and play ball... I like that mentality better.....

and coaches get paid to win.... if he was playing the political roll.. which you barbers hill people seem to think.... then how did he get all of those wins????!!!!  Luck I guess!!!! usually there is a reason why the kid is pushed aside... not a TRUE PLAYER, does not work hard, is selfish, attitude problem, cant get things right in the classroom, off field antics... these could be the reason other than the coach is playing the political role.

And as for Barbers Hill winning district..... Crosby still has Gabby... You have not beat him yet and I believe the coach will throw him at you both times... good luck!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="853651" timestamp="1285175647"]
funny how it is always the coach why kids dont play.. I thought sports teach life lessons.... I guess it is ok to quit because you don't like the coach.. just like in life... if you dont like the boss... quit....

what a stupid mentality!!!! that kind of thinking will bring America down!!!
How about suck it up and play ball... I like that mentality better.....

and coaches get paid to win.... if he was playing the political roll.. which you barbers hill people seem to think.... then how did he get all of those wins????!!!!  Luck I guess!!!! usually there is a reason why the kid is pushed aside... not a TRUE PLAYER, does not work hard, is selfish, attitude problem, cant get things right in the classroom, off field antics... these could be the reason other than the coach is playing the political role.

And as for Barbers Hill winning district..... Crosby still has Gabby... You have not beat him yet and I believe the coach will throw him at you both times... good luck!!!
[/quote]

my how quickly things change...wasn't too long ago BH owned Crosby in baseball.  ;)
Gabby is a good one.

Don't count out Dayton this year. They are very young with a good group of freshman coming in. I heard they have a freshman that is the real deal on the hill. In the 80's with good control and movement and lots of pitches. Only caught a couple of Summer Connie Mac games, but they looked much improved. 4 freshman coming back from last year and 4 soph's.

Guest 24baseball24
[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="854933" timestamp="1285334326"]
Don't count out Dayton this year. They are very young with a good group of freshman coming in. I heard they have a freshman that is the real deal on the hill. In the 80's with good control and movement and lots of pitches. Only caught a couple of Summer Connie Mac games, but they looked much improved. 4 freshman coming back from last year and 4 soph's.
[/quote]
Well they sure couldn't get any worse. They aren't even close to contending in 19-4A

Guest 24baseball24
Maybe in about 2 years they will be decent. Every team has kids playing select and they are older and more experienced. I'm not counting them out up it is highly unlikely that they come out strong this year.

Dayton has always had a few players that play year round select baseball...problem is, only 1 or 2 take baseball seriously. The others participate with other sports (nothing wrong with that), and don't pick up the baseball until the season starts. In the off season, players that only play baseball are in PE and get very little work unless they play select or work on their own. I seriously doubt Dayton will be much of a problem for anybody until they get serious with their program.

Just like with anything else...the school gets out what they put into it (ultimately hurting the kids and the program)...this problem isn't only dayton's but many throughout the state...if you want to be competitive in baseball it needs to be treated like any other sport...as far as an off season goes not to mention other things... i am sure BrenhamFan can fill us in on what it takes...

Boy do I agree with that. Baseball is third in line at best but you always HOPE for the kids. We do have talent but as you said, most don't play year round and then try to come out of football or basketball. BH should have a big advantage with David D. and an off season baseball program. Maybe a coach or two is tuned into this channel and understands that to have a baseball team (as in football) you need a PROGRAM.    Wishful thinking in Purple Country

Guest 24baseball24
[quote name="stutteringstanley" post="854981" timestamp="1285339719"]
Dayton has always had a few players that play year round select baseball...problem is, only 1 or 2 take baseball seriously. The others participate with other sports (nothing wrong with that), and don't pick up the baseball until the season starts. In the off season, players that only play baseball are in PE and get very little work unless they play select or work on their own. I seriously doubt Dayton will be much of a problem for anybody until they get serious with their program.
[/quote]
Very nicely said and everyone agrees with that. It might work in 3A ball but when you get up to 4A and 5A and hopefully eventually 6A you have to have a program in every sport to be successful. practice makes perfect

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics