Sad day in Silsbee

News came in today that former Silsbee Tiger great James Hunter died today from a massive heart attack. Hunter is a former all state defensive back for Silsbee who went on to gain All-American status at Grambling University. He was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the 2nd round, playing 9 seasons for the Lions, earning All-Pro honors and leaving the Lions as their all time interception leader.

James was honored just this past football season as one of the first two former Tiger greats to be selected into the Silsbee Tiger Hall of Fame. He and William Graham are the first two former players to be chosen for this honor.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. James Hunter was 56 years old.

Good bye to one of our great Tigers. :'(

Sad but we're all appointed a time to pass and we don't understand it.Faith though gives us hope to carry on the work.May the family and friends be given grace and healing of a sudden loss of their loved one.Cherish his memory and may his life inspire others.Celebrate his life on this earth because being a believer death has no victory,the battle is already won.

I found out about this early this morning.  I've stated on this forum several times that James Hunter was the best athlete I personally
witnessed coming out of Silsbee.  That was awhile ago; back in the early to mid 1970s.   Maybe somebody better showed up since then, but I don't know who it is.   I was shocked to hear about this, but when it is time, I guess it is time.

Dude could do it all: blazing track speed, all sorts of basketball hops, quick, and moves.  Standout wide receiver.  And defensive back.  I wouldn't want to be a receiver that went into his territory.  I knew he was up there living and working as a distribution manager in the Detroit area.  Not many people get to experience sports at that high a level.   I enjoyed watching James Hunter play sports in high school.  I enjoyed following his career.   He will be missed.

Kountzer

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124