Rangers!

They're on fire, winning 9 of 13 since the allstar break, taking series @ boston, @ detroit, and against LAA and OAK.  their lead has ballooned to 9 games, and they've made 3 trades now that will greatly help them down the stretch, aquiring Cliff Lee, Bengie Molina, and now Jorge Cantu.

Guest TheRanch
Love to hate on them but love Nolan Ryan. Heard on CP's show this week on of the experts think they will win the world series. Cliff Lee is a hoss right? Seen him on sportscenter last night and looks pretty good. That was after I watch the Astros melt down in the ninth................ Grr

Big win for the RANGERS last night.  David Murphy hit a 2-run HR to give the RANGERS a 3-2 lead.  A HR from ARod tied the game at 3 then the RANGERS loaded the bases in the 10th.  Murphy came to the plate and came through with a walk off single.  RANGERS win 4-3. 

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="824598" timestamp="1281542493"]
Big win for the RANGERS last night.  David Murphy hit a 2-run HR to give the RANGERS a 3-2 lead.  A HR from ARod tied the game at 3 then the RANGERS loaded the bases in the 10th.  Murphy came to the plate and came through with a walk off single.  RANGERS win 4-3. 
[/quote]

big win is right!  the rangers had had a two game losing streak coming in, and the A's and Angels have closed the gap a bit (albeit Texas still has a 7 1/2 and 9 game lead over the two of them, respectively).  losing last night could have been the start of a nasty losing streak, putting it at 3 games leading up to another game against the Yanks and 3 against Boston this week.  It was nice to see how well the Rangers peformed last night in what amounted to a playoff atmosphere, getting a run in the bottom of the tenth off of Mariano Rivera. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote name="bullets13000" post="854434" timestamp="1285267876"]
I'm hoping they get the yankees.  they seem to match up well against them.  the twins and rays have given the rangers fits all season.
[/quote]

I agree.  Like I said before, I never thought I would be hoping to play the yankees in the opening round but I think the RANGERS have a better chance against them than they do against tampa bay.  Either way, it is September 23 and we are still talking about TEXAS RANGERS baseball. 

Guest jhamilton
Wish we had NR here in Houston instead of the clutz we have now. Rangers have a good team an hope they win it all. Tbay is going to be tough to beat with their pitching.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="beechnut" post="856758" timestamp="1285431964"]
Wish we had NR here in Houston instead of the clutz we have now. Rangers have a good team an hope they win it all. Tbay is going to be tough to beat with their pitching.
[/quote]

Looks like Texas pitching is doing okay itself

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor