How will your Junior High team do this year ?

Guest BOBCAT

I think the Woodrow Wilson Junior High Ponies in Dayton will do pretty good this year. My brother will play on the 8th grade B team and last year I think he said that they had only two or three losses plus they play good as a team, since they are all good friends.

Little Cypress's 8th grade team is supposed to be really good.  Both of Mauriceville's teams, ironically, are not predicted to do very well.  Unfortunately, it seems that the north part of LCM is undergoing a cultural change...people around the Middle School will understand what I'm talking about

[quote name="rschuldt" post="820334" timestamp="1280072788"]
I think the Woodrow Wilson Junior High Ponies in Dayton will do pretty good this year. My brother will play on the 8th grade B team and last year I think he said that they had only two or three losses plus they play good as a team, since they are all good friends.
[/quote]

I don't think they lost any last year. Daytons 8th grade will be pretty strong, I am a little worried about that 7th grade bunch.

[quote name="bronco1" post="822949" timestamp="1280951737"]
[quote author=rschuldt link=topic=71185.msg820334#msg820334 date=1280072788]
[/quote]

I don't think they lost any last year. Daytons 8th grade will be pretty strong, I am a little worried about that 7th grade bunch.
[/quote]

The 7th grade B team last year did lose at least 2 games that I know of-Barbers Hills and McCullough. This year I heard that the 7th grade teams have some big boys on them. As for the 8th grade A team it has size and the B team has good teamwork (I can't remember if my brother said size or speed). I guess we will just have to wait to see how things play out.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="822252" timestamp="1280586164"]
Little Cypress's 8th grade team is supposed to be really good.  Both of Mauriceville's teams, ironically, are not predicted to do very well.  Unfortunately, it seems that the north part of LCM is undergoing a cultural change...people around the Middle School will understand what I'm talking about
[/quote]
come on bear...spell it out???

[quote name="oldschool_50" post="823209" timestamp="1281040118"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=71185.msg822252#msg822252 date=1280586164]
[/quote]
come on bear...spell it out???
[/quote]
Come on, you know what it means, why even ask.

Guest strongend
Didnt WOS schedule C.O. Wilson and some Beaumont school?  I heard there were some good 7 on 7 action between C.O. and WOS.  Hope that translates into a good game.  Does anyone know when and where they play?

[quote name="strongend" post="825808" timestamp="1281905758"]
Didnt WOS schedule C.O. Wilson and some Beaumont school?  I heard there were some good 7 on 7 action between C.O. and WOS.  Hope that translates into a good game.  Does anyone know when and where they play?
[/quote]

Yes they do play each other this year and I am not sure yet where they play. They also played one another 3 times this year in 7 on 7 with WOS winning 2 of those, but all three were close and intense. I look for the real game to be that way as well.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="strongend" post="825808" timestamp="1281905758"]
[/quote]

They play Sep 21 at 7pm.  Should be a good game if the 7on7 games are any indication...

[quote name="Gasilla" post="825992" timestamp="1281973154"]
[quote author=strongend link=topic=71185.msg825808#msg825808 date=1281905758]
[/quote]

Yes they do play each other this year and I am not sure yet where they play. They also played one another 3 times this year in 7 on 7 with WOS winning 2 of those, but all three were close and intense. I look for the real game to be that way as well.
[/quote]

I will go out on a limb and say the WOS & CO Wilson 8th grade A teams could compete with any 8th grade team in the state. Both teams are loaded with talent. Most importantly really good kids. I expect a great game and it will be fun to watch as this group grow up playing against each other.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="837121" timestamp="1283479271"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71185.msg825992#msg825992 date=1281973154]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I will go out on a limb and say the WOS & CO Wilson 8th grade A teams could compete with any 8th grade team in the state. Both teams are loaded with talent. Most importantly really good kids. I expect a great game and it will be fun to watch as this group grow up playing against each other.
[/quote]
You obviously haven't seen the 8th Grade Dayton Ponies.
They are....
AWEsome!  Yet even more talent pouring into Dayton High School next year.  Lots of speed and size with this group.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="822252" timestamp="1280586164"]
[/quote]

Can I get an Explanation?

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="841740" timestamp="1283944631"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=71185.msg837121#msg837121 date=1283479271]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71185.msg825992#msg825992 date=1281973154]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You need to read my post closer; I said compete 8)! I dont need to see Dayton to belive you, however I have seen a lot of football and I know for a fact the WOS and CO Wilson is loaded and will be great football teams as the go through school ball. Come Gassila nd WOS fans, back me up ;D

Aslo, if you really want to see what both teams are made sign up for 7 on 7 next summer and lets see what the lil boncos have
[/quote]
You obviously haven't seen the 8th Grade Dayton Ponies.
They are....
AWEsome!  Yet even more talent pouring into Dayton High School next year.  Lots of speed and size with this group.
[/quote]

I think Dayton might be down a little, they played a very good Cunningham team in the first round.  Cunningham is the major feeder junior high into North Shore.

In another thread you can read about Dayton's 8th A team that obliterated Cunningham.  That was Cunningham's 8th A Team's 1st loss in 15 years!

Sounds like Nederland and WOS has some good 8th graders, just seeing what I have seen, I would put my money on Dayton's 8th graders to beat anybody around here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124