west orange stark @ friendswood @ Deer Park

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I could say that I have seen it with my own eyes, but then that would be too subjective.
How else am I supposed to argue my point?  I tried to provide empirical evidence to the best of my ability.

I would just assume that everyone knows and understands that WOS is faster than FW, but I guess that's not as much of a given as it should be.

Guest rykerx144
WOS is definetly fast!  The fact that are faster than FW I dont think is common knowledge as you suggested.  You dont have to have evidence to prove your point, your point will be proven or disproven in a few nights!!

FW fans think they are going to win because they are big and have executed well in the past, Panama is merely saying that WOS has a shot because we will be faster. What's the big deal??? Both sides have a reason why they think a team will be successful. I would imagine that WOS [b]IS[/b] probably faster than FW and FW [b]IS[/b] probably bigger than WOS. I don't know why ya'll are getting so excited about it. I never read where he said being faster guaranteed a win, but neither does being bigger and beating Dayton 47 years in a row... ;)

I have not seen our speed compared to FW. I do know that when we played them in 2000 (which was a long time ago, I know) we were WAY faster than FW and their players even said so after the game. The game is going to come down, as always, to match ups. Period.

[quote name="rjn75" post="827853" timestamp="1282316880"]
FW will put up 40+, they will pretty much shut down Wos throughout but will give up a couple scores late with reserves and less intensity.  FW will have too many weapons tha WOS will not have answers for.
[/quote]

If that happens I will congratulate you guys... If you are wrong DO NOT come back and try to erase this post. If you do I will embarrass you to no end... And I will take sooooo much pleasure in rubbing it in your face!! ;) ;D

[quote name="rjn75" post="827857" timestamp="1282317263"]
Todays FW teams are completey different!  You cant use 2000 when trying to make a point.
[/quote]

That is why I prefaced that with the statements, "I have not seen our speed compared to FW" and also put into parenthesis that I realize the last time we played was a long time ago. ;)

Exactly Gasilla.

FW fans are a little too defensive.

The thing you have to remember about high school football teams is that they are going to have multiple busted assignments throughout a game.  NFL teams have them, college teams have more than the NFL, and high school teams have even more than college.  This goes for the very best executing teams out there like LT.  LT will have plenty of busted assignments throughout a game.  They are good enough to still win the games though.

Knowing that, you now have to consider the result of the busted assignment.  If you are playing a typical team, you may bust an assignment and give up 20 yards.  If you play WOS and a guy misses an assignment then they have two or three receivers that no one on FW can catch.

I guess I'm saying that WOS has a puncher's chance.  They have a lot of speed in the defensive backfield.  I could see them picking off a ball or two and possibly running one back for a td.  I could see them getting a punt or kick return for a td.  I could see them getting a long pass play or two for a td.

When you have that kind of speed, you always have a chance.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="827848" timestamp="1282316601"]
FW fans think they are going to win because they are big and have executed well in the past, Panama is merely saying that WOS has a shot because we will be faster. What's the big deal??? Both sides have a reason why they think a team will be successful. I would imagine that WOS [b]IS[/b] probably faster than FW and FW [b]IS[/b] probably bigger than WOS. I don't know why ya'll are getting so excited about it. I never read where he said being faster guaranteed a win, but neither does being bigger and beating Dayton 47 years in a row... ;)

I have not seen our speed compared to FW. I do know that when we played them in 2000 (which was a long time ago, I know) we were WAY faster than FW and their players even said so after the game. The game is going to come down, as always, to match ups. Period.
[/quote]

Your best post yet!!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="827855" timestamp="1282317186"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=71184.msg827853#msg827853 date=1282316880]
FW will put up 40+, they will pretty much shut down Wos throughout but will give up a couple scores late with reserves and less intensity.  FW will have too many weapons tha WOS will not have answers for.
[/quote]

If that happens I will congratulate you guys... If you are wrong DO NOT come back and try to erase this post. If you do I will embarrass you to no end... And I will take sooooo much pleasure in rubbing it in your face!! ;) ;D
[/quote]

But if we rub it in your face we arrogant FW fans correct? Got it.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="827902" timestamp="1282320950"]
Exactly Gasilla.

FW fans are a little too defensive.

The thing you have to remember about high school football teams is that they are going to have multiple busted assignments throughout a game.  NFL teams have them, college teams have more than the NFL, and high school teams have even more than college.  This goes for the very best executing teams out there like LT.  LT will have plenty of busted assignments throughout a game.  They are good enough to still win the games though.

Knowing that, you now have to consider the result of the busted assignment.  If you are playing a typical team, you may bust an assignment and give up 20 yards.  If you play WOS and a guy misses an assignment then they have two or three receivers that no one on FW can catch.

I guess I'm saying that WOS has a puncher's chance.  They have a lot of speed in the defensive backfield.  I could see them picking off a ball or two and possibly running one back for a td.  I could see them getting a punt or kick return for a td.  I could see them getting a long pass play or two for a td.

When you have that kind of speed, you always have a chance.

Now that post I agree with! Any thing can happen and speed can help you out. We are on the same page now. And folks - we are just messing with each other, coach Van scheduled this game because we respect WOS and now they are good!!

[/quote]

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="827691" timestamp="1282274197"]
I ain't got a horse in this race  ;D get it? But WOS doesn't have a chance. FW is too big and too strong (and fast)! I've seen them beat us (Dayton) for the last several years and if they have anywhere close to the same team as the last two years it's done. WOS should just look at this game as another scrimmage.  
[/quote]

Now do not be arrogant Dayton fan!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827941" timestamp="1282324939"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg827855#msg827855 date=1282317186]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No because I have not given you anything to rub in my face... ;) I have not made any predictions much less give a lofty prediction in our favor. I've been around football for a long time and I know better than making predictions about a team that I know nothing about other than what I hear on message boards...

You know, I used "arrogant", but there are actually a couple of words used to describe someone who is so sure of themselves in the face of an unfamiliar opponent that is usually a quality team. They are either arrogant or stupid, you can make your own pick there if you feel arrogant is not fitting... ;D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="827963" timestamp="1282327318"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg827941#msg827941 date=1282324939]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71184.msg827855#msg827855 date=1282317186]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No because I have not given you anything to rub in my face... ;) I have not made any predictions much less give a lofty prediction in our favor. I've been around football for a long time and I know better than making predictions about a team that I know nothing about other than what I hear on message boards...

You know, I used "arrogant", but there are actually a couple of words used to describe someone who is so sure of themselves in the face of an unfamiliar opponent that is usually a quality team. They are either arrogant or stupid, you can make your own pick there if you feel arrogant is not fitting... ;D
[/quote]

I do not know how many ways to say this - we scheduled WOS because they are a quality program. Yes I think my team will win. If that is arrogance then you have never played sports. Please show me my lofty predictions. The blowout predictions have come from SETX schools! Read em and weep.  So yes I am arrogant and stupid because I think my team will win!

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="827966" timestamp="1282327434"]
There is a certain other FW fan who is doing it to you
[/quote]

Well please do not paint everyone the same colors, or I would be making some comments about all SETX fans based on Gasilla and a few others!

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="827966" timestamp="1282327434"]
There is a certain other FW fan who is doing it to you
[/quote]

Is this the same hammerhead who previously wrote that he agreed with my prediction? 

Show some intellectual integrity dude!  That whistling sound you keep hearing is the wind blowing in one ear and out the other.  You are like a human weather vane!!  ;D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="828084" timestamp="1282344566"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=71184.msg828059#msg828059 date=1282339842]If that is arrogance then you have never played sports. [/quote]

THAT is funny there...  ;D

It breaks my heart that you do not think highly of me... :'( :'( :'(
[/quote]

You will get over it, if not go join the band. Skipper - I do not like people who stereo type a community - and that would be you.

Just in from Alvin scrimmage. Beat Alvin handily, but lost a stud Junior O lineman (D-1 prospect) for the year with a knee injury. Great O-line goes to a real good O-line. I don't think it will affect the offense any immediately, but the loss of depth may really hurt us later in the year as we get deep into district.

I think Friendswood wins against WO-S, but we have a more immediate worry with Angleton at Angleton this week. If we can handle Angleton's speed, then WO-S wont really worry me. FWD has speed this year where they need it, but I think the other poster had it right when he said that if FWD had real speed, they would have several State titles (see Southlake Carroll, and Lake Travis).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83