To Test or Not To Test?

I think it's unfair to single out athletes for steroid testing.  If the previous poster is correct and only .0004 percent tested positive, then it's obviously not a problem.  I guarantee there's a higher percentage of coke head cheerleaders, or pill popping UIL kids.  Either test everybody involved in extra curricular activities or test nobody. 

I it wouldn't bother me one bit if they tested everyone. I read about a school (I think Liberty H.S.) where every year they do a school-wide random drug test. If the student refuses to test, then they are assumed to be positive for steroids and go about the discipline for such steroid usage.

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="820674" timestamp="1280176468"]
Also any of those kids that wear those skinny pants need to be drug tested or given a mental health evaluation.  No sane and sober person could possibly think those things look good. 
[/quote]

I don't see how they can even fit into them and, like you said, think that they actually look good.

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="819964" timestamp="1279892370"]
I know LCM tested my kids when they went through. And one was not involved in sports, but because they did band and choir, they were tested. I remember them talking about being pulled from English and history to "go in a cup."
I like the idea of testing, it is the timing that bothers me.
[/quote]

As a former LCM choir member and current booster, I know for a fact that steroid use is rampant in the program  ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124