Penn State vs. Buna Cougars! I am not joking!

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="819170" timestamp="1279632107"]
Who designed the new logo? I like it better than the Penn State one.
[/quote]

Me too!  :)

Not a joke at all. Univeristies are tired of paying thousands of dollars on creating a logo only to have a HS use it without permission. The problem isn't so much the use on athletic uniforms but when schools sell merchandise with the logo for profit. Wisconsion came down hard on The Woodlands a few years back and Texas has started the same thing. But I do like the new logo.

Well, like the article said, Penn State has to go after everybody.  Do they think that the folks in Buna, Texas are maliciously using their logo for financial gain? Of course not.

But if the university did enforce its trademark rights against someone who was, I would guarantee you that person would have Buna and others who are using the likeness on a list as part of some sort of waiver defense to prove that they are not really enforcing their trademark.

Rumor has it that Crosby was also contacted by Penn State.  Could someone confirm that?

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="819308" timestamp="1279664508"]
I spoke to some folks in Buna. They told me, they were sent the letter several months ago. Why did it take the Enterprise so long to flash it on the front page? Waiting for the new logo? :-\

[/quote]

I remember it being a topic here a few months back.  That is why when it was time to put up the helmet images for the previews, I did a helmet without the emblem.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124