Bridge City's quarterback.

[quote name="hatethatpurple!" post="818143" timestamp="1279141621"]
From what i've heard he'll be fine, but who will be the RB now??
[/quote]

It's my understanding that Cale Hyde will replace Menard at runningback.

I am still a little skeptical about moving who I thought was the best returning runningback in the district to quarterback. Coach knows best though. Anxious to see how this plays out.

[quote name="Bobkat" post="818233" timestamp="1279198569"]
Where did Cale Hyde move too? Wasn't he the short running back that has some serious speed?
[/quote]

Yup what BCgrad05 he has moved for reasons that cannot be told on here, and yes that kid has some serious speed,, they have some young runningbacks to fafill the position. And yes i see Menard being a tebow kind of guy on and off the feild  ;D

[quote name="SetxFootball" post="818472" timestamp="1279252265"]
[quote author=Bobkat link=topic=71012.msg818233#msg818233 date=1279198569]
Where did Cale Hyde move too? Wasn't he the short running back that has some serious speed?
[/quote]

Yup what BCgrad05 he has moved for reasons that cannot be told on here, and yes that kid has some serious speed,, they have some young runningbacks to fafill the position. And yes i see Menard being a tebow kind of guy on and off the feild  ;D
[/quote]

Who are these young running backs? What is their experience and how do they stack up with Cale Hyde.

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="818475" timestamp="1279253664"]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=71012.msg818472#msg818472 date=1279252265]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who are these young running backs? What is their experience and how do they stack up with Cale Hyde.
[/quote]

Im not sure but jv runningback from last year will step up to the plate im sure, somebody will, and it will be much easier for them cause they have to contain menard from passing and running.

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="818144" timestamp="1279141849"]
I don't know. Maybe someone can enlighten us. Did Menard play in 7 on 7?
[/quote]No.... he played 9 on 9 on the diamond :D ..And he did a fine job for the Sun Devils in Georgia...He is a great kid..wish we had him in Nederland at RB ..

[quote name="BaseBow" post="818496" timestamp="1279282656"]
[quote author=Cardinal Supporter link=topic=71012.msg818144#msg818144 date=1279141849]
I don't know. Maybe someone can enlighten us. Did Menard play in 7 on 7?
[/quote]No.... he played 9 on 9 on the diamond :D ..And he did a fine job for the Sun Devils in Georgia...He is a great kid..wish we had him in Nederland at RB ..
[/quote]

He is such a good baseball player too!! Him and Dishon have been playing some 9 on 9  8)

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="819372" timestamp="1279681640"]
This could make for an exciting season at BC
[/quote]

BC actually had an exciting season last year. The best one yet under the new coach and offense. They played Silsbee close and well against WOS. They eeked by a good Orangefield team and beat a pretty good HJ team. I look for them to make the play offs again this year and maybe even push for second place. Only time will tell.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="818160" timestamp="1279147402"]
[quote author=hatethatpurple! link=topic=71012.msg818143#msg818143 date=1279141621]
From what i've heard he'll be fine, but who will be the RB now??
[/quote]

It's my understanding that Cale Hyde will replace Menard at runningback.

I am still a little skeptical about moving who I thought was the best returning runningback in the district to quarterback. Coach knows best though. Anxious to see how this plays out.
[/quote]  Lots of people are also skeptical.  No doubt Menard can play any position on the field.  He is a big time RB though.  The RB will be a Junior named Hunter Clark who is a big strong kid who has down hill speed.  Dishon might play some RB too as well as wildcat QB.  Carpenter is backup and has tons of QB experience, tall, fast and knows the offense as well as anyone.  Definitely would be potent having him handoff to menard and dishon and clark with keeper options!!  Can't key on 4 players!!  Menard has a cannon but we won running the ball and playing defense last year.  No slights to anyone, JMO!!

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="818475" timestamp="1279253664"]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=71012.msg818472#msg818472 date=1279252265]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]  We have Hunter Clark who played some varsity last year, mostly as LB.  Is very strong, good sized kid who runs tough.  I don't know anyone else!  Cale Hyde is very fast with good moves.  We lost him though and it will hurt.  Menard will carry the load again even at QB, I hope teams don't send 10 after him. 

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="818141" timestamp="1279141341"]
Bridge City had a great running back last year. I believe his name is Matt Menard. I understand he will be the new quarterback for the cardinals this year. Has he ever played qb before? How is he looking.
[/quote]  Menard has played backup last 2 years at QB and has a cannon for an arm.  Usually has been a RB. Very smart kid, who will do well as QB.  He is also our best RB and is unreplaceable at that position.  Looks like were gonna hike it to him and let him run the ball a lot, and throw some.  We will see. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics