Cris Quinn Indoor Soccer Field

I will leave it to others to post the image, but there is going to be a modest groundbreaking ceremony on Friday 7/16 at 10:30AM for the Cris Quinn Indoor Soccer Field.  The building will be located at the Cris Quinn Memorial Soccer Complex (formerly The Meadows), on the high ground just south of the SSSC fields.

Barring any problems with construction or weather (ha!) we hope to have it open and operating by the end of the calendar year.  The facility will be open to the public, with a preference for youth soccer but it will also have availability for adults at appropriate times.  It will be operated by the Cris Quinn Foundation as a non-profit, that is to say, the usage charges will be only as much as necessary to cover operating costs and rainy-day fund for repairs.

Hopefully this will be a great asset to the local soccer community.  Right now operating plans are still being developed.  If you have any ideas or want to get involved, please attend the SYSA meeting, currently set for Monday July 12 at the BYSC Adminstration building, 7PM.  Also you can direct any questions you have to me at [email protected] or the cell number listed below.

Thanks

John Werner
409-659-0491

Awesome Job John!  Many people like myself talk about what it will take to improve the local soccer talent... This is action Folks!

Kudos to all involved!

Sharkfutbol.... soon you will have a place to play with A/C! ;D

John I am working on that image.... I have my media department involved (my kids)

Went by the Kick's facility off I-10 and shepherd/durham to get a look at what an indoor facility looks like... I was amazed at all the high end cars parked around the place. Evidently alot of folks in that area use soccer as a stress relief or just a way to stay fit.

I went on the web site and they have leaugue games starting a 6:00pm and going well into the night past 11:00pm. Hard core soccer junkies.

Cannot wait to see this one finished. Might see my old tail running around in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Good news!  We have a (rudimentary) website up and running:

www.QuinnIndoorSoccer.com

Facebook should follow soon!

On the website you should be able to download the Team Information form.  Team managers/captains, please fill these out and return them to the PO Box as soon as you can.  There is no obligation, but we are going to use this information to determine how many different divisions of play there will be and what times to set league play.  Also, once we start forming leagues, those "in the system" will get early notification.

Thanks

John

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn