rebuilding year for Vidor ???

The predictions regarding the Vidor Pirates vary widely this year.  The preponderance of predictions seem to place Vidor in the bottom of their district, some have even proclaimed that Vidor would not win a single district game, all this before the first scrimmage game has been played.  Despite all the premature prognosticators, questions exist concerning the Pirates and signs do point to a rebuilding year, but a rebuilding year doesn't necessarily mean a losing year.  One particular piece of the puzzle that is not a question mark is the backfield, although alot of their success hinges on that untested offensive line.  One certainty about this year's backfield is that they all possess speed.  Somebody on this forum posted that quick in Vidor doesn't mean quick anywhere else.  Well, the Bolinger kid who will very likely be the starting tailback this year runs a confirmed 4.5, that's quick for a sophomore no matter what high school he plays for, and barring any major injury he will simply get bigger and faster.  Although it is yet to be seen if this Pirate team can take it to the field and obtain success, I know that they will play for the love of the game, for the pride, honor, blood, sweat and tears it takes to earn the respect of their opponents on the field regardless of the final score.  I trust that they will exceed the predictions of the skeptics and live up to their own expectations and exhibit the nature of true champions.

Guest blackflag
[quote name="incognito" post="811966" timestamp="1276376013"]
The predictions regarding the Vidor Pirates vary widely this year.  The preponderance of predictions seem to place Vidor in the bottom of their district, some have even proclaimed that Vidor would not win a single district game, all this before the first scrimmage game has been played.  Despite all the premature prognosticators, questions exist concerning the Pirates and signs do point to a rebuilding year, but a rebuilding year doesn't necessarily mean a losing year.  One particular piece of the puzzle that is not a question mark is the backfield, although alot of their success hinges on that untested offensive line.  One certainty about this year's backfield is that they all possess speed.  Somebody on this forum posted that quick in Vidor doesn't mean quick anywhere else.  Well, the Bolinger kid who will very likely be the starting tailback this year runs a confirmed 4.5, that's quick for a sophomore no matter what high school he plays for, and barring any major injury he will simply get bigger and faster.  Although it is yet to be seen if this Pirate team can take it to the field and obtain success, I know that they will play for the love of the game, for the pride, honor, blood, sweat and tears it takes to earn the respect of their opponents on the field regardless of the final score.  I trust that they will exceed the predictions of the skeptics and live up to their own expectations and exhibit the nature of true champions.
[/quote]

Bolinger is fast but his agility is what impresses me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blackflag
[quote name="incognito" post="811966" timestamp="1276376013"]
[/quote]

Well said .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami