Dave Campbell's Road Tour coming to Groves

Dave Campbell's Road Tour will be stopping in Groves at Larry's French Market on Thursday, June 24th from 3-5pm.  Dave will be autographing his popular football magazine and talking football for 2 hours.  His tour makes a stop each year in every city that will be playing in the Fall Football Classic at the Alamodome in San Antonio.  This year PN-G will be playing Gregory Portland at the Alamodome on Saturday, August 28th at 3pm.  Let's pack Larry's French Market on June 24th and show Dave that Southeast Texas LOVES their football. 

I d like to hear his answer myself. I already know what he will say I read what one of his researchers said last season. When he left Central out after a 4 round deep run in the playoffs. Ask him it would not have anything to do with class. Central and possibly PNG should be on there. If you are going to put out rankings you should be able to back up what you say.

Guest ECBucFan
I believe you. Probably the polls come from some combination of sportswriters, coaches, friends, whoever.
Still if Dave Campbell has his name prominently displayed across the cover, he will be directly connected with the content, for better or worse. Thats just how it works. 

Magazines sell because of the two different opinions of people that buy them...One buys because he believes the writer words are the Gospel on a particular subject...The other is a Critic and buys to see how many times he can prove the writer wrong...And make himself feel smarter than the writer..(Failing to realize He had to buy the magazine to prove him wrong)..Now who's smarter...he's got your money anyway.... ;D

In the magazine he list PNG as #1 out of his 5 dark horse picks.  I guess that DC's version of others receiving votes...Three out of the five are from region 3. (Stratford is #3 & Crosby is #4)

"Bent on Revevenge"
Stephenville @ Aledo, Week 0
Brenham @ Waller, Week 5*
Beaumont Central @ PNG, Week 10* 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="kville-backer" post="812374" timestamp="1276532006"]
..Now who's smarter...he's got your money anyway.... ;D
[/quote]

$$$$ Not mine! I just take a quick look at the SETX 2A district predictions yearly while waiting in the checkout line. I have no desire to "prove him wrong" at all, but clearly the predictions are little more than outright guesses. The mag is not bad, just buy it for entertainment only, if you buy it at all. 

Ya'll crack me up.You buy hunting/fishing magazines promoting equipment and look @ the same big buck/fish pics used year after year w/only the background changed then talk noise about Dave's magazine.You ever try to rank over 1,200 Texas high schools?I believe they do a reasonable job w/the staff and $$ available.Shame on you if he comes to your area and you don't show up in support.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="812413" timestamp="1276539542"]
In the magazine he list PNG as #1 out of his 5 dark horse picks.  I guess that DC's version of others receiving votes...Three out of the five are from region 3. (Stratford is #3 & Crosby is #4)

"Bent on Revevenge"
Stephenville @ Aledo, Week 0
Brenham @ Waller, Week 5*
Beaumont Central @ PNG, Week 10* 
[/quote]

You should be happy yall are supposed to end our playoff run again next season in the 4th round, but we will see

[quote name="liltex" post="812756" timestamp="1276621276"]
Ya'll crack me up.You buy hunting/fishing magazines promoting equipment and look @ the same big buck/fish pics used year after year w/only the background changed then talk noise about Dave's magazine.You ever try to rank over 1,200 Texas high schools?I believe they do a reasonable job w/the staff and $$ available.Shame on you if he comes to your area and you don't show up in support.
[/quote]

Shame on who? Dont you mean shame on you for not believing I have an opinion. I think we all do. Ill buy his magazine it does not mean I agree with it. If its shame on anyone its shame on Central I guess for being left out. Again! I think Central has done more than enough to deserve the respect of a top 20 school.

I believe He's coming to promote the Dave Campbell Classic games @ the Alamodome-PNG vs.Gregory Portland etc.and this stop is not about why or why not a team's not ranked in the top 25.Signing of the magazine is a xtra gesture and promo for the magazine.If he'd make a pit stop in Bronco country along the way they'd prolly have a parade ;) 8) ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="813691" timestamp="1276906522"]
I believe He's coming to promote the Dave Campbell Classic games @ the Alamodome-PNG vs.Gregory Portland etc.and this stop is not about why or why not a team's not ranked in the top 25.Signing of the magazine is a xtra gesture and promo for the magazine.If he'd make a pit stop in Bronco country along the way they'd prolly have a parade ;) 8) ;D
[/quote]
I will buy his mag give him my money and if work permits Ill go see him. But that mag still bears his name on it. I talked to one of his guys last year and got some clarity from him. The rest I'd like to hear what old DC has to say. Great for PNG getting to play in the game. They probably deserve it. Central also deserves some credit for what they have done.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="813695" timestamp="1276907717"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=70341.msg813691#msg813691 date=1276906522]
[/quote]
I will buy his mag give him my money and if work permits Ill go see him. But that mag still bears his name on it. I talked to one of his guys last year and got some clarity from him. The rest I'd like to hear what old DC has to say. Great for PNG getting to play in the game. They probably deserve it. Central also deserves some credit for what they have done.
[/quote]

We played in the 3rd game last year of the kickoff classic and beat Mayde Creek.  Who knows, maybe if you can pull off a win in that game like we did, you will have the same luck and success we had last season.  (untill we meet up of course)  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder