How will Hull-Daisetta do in their new District?

I don't think the UIL did anybody in this district a favor.  Although Lovelady seems to be the biggest test for H-D, all of the other teams, West Sabine, West Hardin and Colmesneil have fielded some quality teams over the last few years.

Also, remember this new wrinkle for the DI and DII teams in 2A and 1A, only tow teams out of each district qualify for the playoffs.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="808771" timestamp="1275591981"]

Also, remember this new wrinkle for the DI and DII teams in 2A and 1A, only tow teams out of each district qualify for the playoffs.
[/quote]

he superintendents overwhelmingly approved going to three teams in 1A...I don't know how 2A turned out.....the UIL will implement this right away, and 3 teams will go this coming season......

[quote name="Colmesneilfan1" post="808895" timestamp="1275611906"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=70263.msg808771#msg808771 date=1275591981]

[/quote]

he superintendents overwhelmingly approved going to three teams in 1A...I don't know how 2A turned out.....the UIL will implement this right away, and 3 teams will go this coming season......
[/quote]I like the 2 team format better. But 3 teams is cool. Now I am certain H-D will make the playoffs.

[quote name="oiler12" post="809130" timestamp="1275674279"]
Yall are crazy if you dont think WH gonna step it up
[/quote] Why we got to be crazy? WH has a great new Coach, but it will take time. Also I dont think WH will have the athletes to compete in this District. Coach Henry may wish he would have stayed. H-D is loaded with talent.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="809441" timestamp="1275740247"]
[quote author=oiler12 link=topic=70263.msg809130#msg809130 date=1275674279]
[/quote] Why we got to be crazy? WH has a great new Coach, but it will take time. Also I dont think WH will have the athletes to compete in this District. Coach Henry may wish he would have stayed. H-D is loaded with talent.
[/quote][quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=70263.msg809441#msg809441 date=1275740247]
[/quote]

A little less loaded than they were last week.  Spot and his brother moved to atascocita.

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="809948" timestamp="1275939622"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=70263.msg809441#msg809441 date=1275740247]
[/quote][quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=70263.msg809441#msg809441 date=1275740247]
[/quote]

A little less loaded than they were last week.  Spot and his brother moved to atascocita.
[/quote] Just for the summer.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="810133" timestamp="1276000501"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=70263.msg809948#msg809948 date=1275939622]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=70263.msg809441#msg809441 date=1275740247]
[/quote]

[/quote] Just for the summer.

[/quote]

How do you know "just for the summer"?  I spoke with a coach at graduation that told me that their mom couldn't find a job here so she moved to atascocita cause she got a job there.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="809441" timestamp="1275740247"]
[/quote]I havent looked at all the threads, did Henry go to WH?

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
I agree...I think WH will struggle..I think that this is a re-building year for them. However, I also think that HD will be good but will not be able to overtake Lovelady or West Sabine..both of those teams re-tool and re-load every year and have solid, solid programs. Colmesneil has one very good player..their running back..stop him and you beat the Bulldogs. This is going to be a very interesting district...I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Fair enough. But let's not forget H-D reloads too. H-D has always dominated in District play. True, Lovelady and West Sabine will be a tough game for H-D. I played WS my 4 years on varsity at H-D and we did pretty good against them. Lovelady just graduated 20 seniors on a 1A Team, WOW !! H-D is loaded with talent the next 4 seasons !!

[quote name="Honda 365" post="812740" timestamp="1276618660"]
I really just don't see it happening but who knows it may happen i'll be at every game i do go to school there and all.
[/quote] If you go to school there, I hope you get on the field and help out. Also try and be positive !! Have some Bobcat pride !! We had a good team last year, why would you even think we would not be good this year?

Guest Honda 365
I will be out there just people really need to step up in order for us to do good and advance so we will see i just dont know though.

[quote name="Honda 365" post="812942" timestamp="1276636682"]
I will be out there just people really need to step up in order for us to do good and advance so we will see i just dont know though.
[/quote] We are in big trouble if the rest of our boys are feeling like you. I bet Lovelady don't think like that.

no offense, because i am as big a HD fan as anybody, but i think we can hardly say that the bobcats are a reload team.  just because they are in the playoffs quite a bit....who cares about making the playoffs.  yeah i know, it keeps the fans happy, and it's everybody's "goal" of the season.  but if they are so dominant and stacked with talent, when are they going to WIN a playoff game.  i think they've won 1 playoff game since the state championship in 1979.  that's 30 years!!  for that matter, how many playoff games has the district won lately?...  if you're always making the playoffs in a district that never wins playoff games have you really done anything?  so please stop talking about how "dominant" hd football is.  they may have a tradition of being dominant within 30 miles of daisetta, tx....but i'm thinking bigger picture here.

no doubt that making the playoffs in this new district will be quite a feat...because be realistic, it WILL be tough.  i don't care what you think lovelady and west sabine are going to be good i don't care how many sr's they lost.  and...colmesneil beat hd last year.  so it will be rough.  i'm just hoping for a good, injury free season.  it will be interesting.

[quote name="knows2much" post="813217" timestamp="1276728096"]
no offense, because i am as big a HD fan as anybody, but i think we can hardly say that the bobcats are a reload team.  just because they are in the playoffs quite a bit....who cares about making the playoffs.  yeah i know, it keeps the fans happy, and it's everybody's "goal" of the season.  but if they are so dominant and stacked with talent, when are they going to WIN a playoff game.  i think they've won 1 playoff game since the state championship in 1979.  that's 30 years!!  for that matter, how many playoff games has the district won lately?...  if you're always making the playoffs in a district that never wins playoff games have you really done anything?  so please stop talking about how "dominant" hd football is.  they may have a tradition of being dominant within 30 miles of daisetta, tx....but i'm thinking bigger picture here.

no doubt that making the playoffs in this new district will be quite a feat...because be realistic, it WILL be tough.  i don't care what you think lovelady and west sabine are going to be good i don't care how many sr's they lost.  and...colmesneil beat hd last year.  so it will be rough.  i'm just hoping for a good, injury free season.  it will be interesting.
[/quote] No... you are not as big a Bobcat fan as most. That is apparent in your post. Try again !! Also you said they may have a tradition, if your a true Bobcat you would have said we. Nuff said.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder