Evadale vs. Cayuga Playoff Series/REBS ARE STATE BOUND!!!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well looks like the REBS have rode the mustangs and tamed the wildcats ;D ;D ;D i just want 2 no one thing now that evadale has won again IN HOW MANYS PEOPLES OPINION still think they cant do it since they did blow out 2 number one teams ??? ;D ;D

Great job Rebels!!! 
What a classy bunch of kids.  All they do is play hard, listen the coach Williams and show great sportsmanship to the other team.  Looking forward to a little trip to Round Rock.

As far as the incident in the stands, Evadale has tons of loud fans, and we were very loud today!  One fan in particular stays loud, ALL the time.  But, he only yells postive things to our kids (and goofy, funny, loud stuff) but never directs things towards the other kids or their fans.  Cayuga had a fan that mustve been a little hot under the collar concerning the butt whipping they were taking and got tired of hearing "pork chop" do his chants.  The Yuga guy came to the Evadale side and told "chop" to shut up, well, you get the picture.  Pork Chop handled it well and that was that ... No fight, just a little excitement.

Anyway, Lets get another title Rebs!!  Behind you all the way!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="809635" timestamp="1275787402"]
[quote author=Hookem17 link=topic=70260.msg809633#msg809633 date=1275787210]
When do they think they will know what time they will play?
[/quote]

They will be playing at either 10:00 am or 1:00 pm on Wednesday.
[/quote]
Do you know when it will be decided? I'm trying to do a little schedule swapping at work so I can make it. The sooner i know the better.

[quote name="jacf" post="809636" timestamp="1275788030"]
congrats evadale ..i know coach bryant is at evadale is he the baseball coach
[/quote]

I think he was relieved of duties after the first game. I heard that he was in the running for the [size=18pt][color=purple]PNG[/color][/size] job.

Another great outing for the Rebels! It is kinda scarry though, I believe that the Rebels have not played their best ball yet. This group has some times when an individual gets down on himself for something that happened, but there are always others there to pick them up and get them back in the game and on their game.

The team has battled back from two first game losses to win series, (Area vs. Alto and Reb semi vs. Overton) They handled two series in just two games (Reg quarter final vs. Douglas and Reg final vs. Cayuga) This team just finds ways to win. The pitching has been outstanding in 8 playoff wins and I still believe that without the error early in game one vs. Overton that the Rebels would have won that series in only two games. The defense in the field has been awesome especially in the cluch times. The outfield of Cravey, Anthony and Harvey is doing the work. The infield is soldid with Franklin or DuBose at 3rd Potts at SS Ousley at 2nd and Tucker or DuBose at 1st. Billy Nicholss has caught every pitch from every pitcher in every game going two games back to back a couple of times. Tucker, DuBose, Franklin, Ousley have just been a force on the hill, it does not seem to matter who is pitching except for a couple of times the Rebel staff has been more than up to the task. The Rebels are doing the job at the plate from 1-9. Potts is getting on base and as we saw today can hit for power. Nichols in the 2 is moving runners and has delivered some cluch hits. Franklin drove in the first couple of runs with a shot off the wall that I thought was going out. Tucker gets hits or gets walked. Ousley delivers game after game. Harvey hit a rocket that scored two and he ended up with a triple today. DuBose has moved runners and he went yard against Overton in game 2. Cravey has been on base and delivered a couple of RBI's from the 9 hole. 

Not sure of the time or the opponet the Rebels will face next, but one thing is perfectly clear. No matter who, no matter where, no matter when all the Rebels know how to do is WIN!

Lets not make too much of the words exchanged between fans. It was nothing to speak of and PC is just a great fan and is one of the most positive guys you will ever meet. He didnt do anything wrong. The cayuga fan just got a little frustrated and tried to impose his will it just didnt take thats all. No fight just a few words and some cold water. What a great game for the Rebels. Hot Hot Hot............ 8)

Congrats to Coach Williams Coach Charlton and Coach Conner, what a great job you all have done all year long.

The players-just stay together you have a chance to do something that many never get the chance to do. What a great group you all are, its a real pleasure to watch you all play hard with great sportsmanship. Take it one game at a time.

WOW, and to think my Jackets were 1 out away from winning the series agaist Evadale until 3 errors in a row doomed us!!

But, that's baseball, guess i'll take my crow with a side of "rebel" salad :D

Cayuga has gotten to big for their britches this year considering they were a dump in athletics recently, guess if you are a "flash-in-the-pan" you think you're the top dog now days.

Looks like my Jackets gave Evadale the hardest series all year, good luck in Austin.

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="809688" timestamp="1275798667"]
WOW, and to think my Jackets were 1 out away from winning the series agaist Evadale until 3 errors in a row doomed us!!

Cayuga has gotten to big for their britches this year considering they were a dump in athletics recently, guess if you are a "flash-in-the-pan" you think you're the top dog now days.

Looks like my Jackets gave Evadale the hardest series all year, good luck in Austin.
[/quote]In my opinion, youre correct.  I feel the Alto/Evadale series was the best we've been in.  No disrespect to the #1 and #2 teams we've recently dispatched, but Alto was our toughest test....IMO.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="809797" timestamp="1275864857"]
[quote author=AltoJacketFan5 link=topic=70260.msg809688#msg809688 date=1275798667]

[/quote]In my opinion, youre correct.  I feel the Alto/Evadale series was the best we've been in.  No disrespect to the #1 and #2 teams we've recently dispatched, but Alto was our toughest test....IMO.
[/quote]

Mo is good and Mo is wise and I agree that Alto was the best series we have been in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder