dark horse team in setex

Guest hardcore

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidor will definitely surprise a lot of people this year.  Obviously they're coming into this season with something to prove.  The first three games will be a good gauge of their overall talent, but my money's riding on the Pirates as the dark horse that just might break through the pack.

When it comes to getting past rd.1 of the playoffs the 2 dark horse teams that's normally still playing is Dayton @ WOS-Broncos-N-Mustangs and never considered dark horses to win dist.Not in setx but another great team Friendswood Mustangs-now the 3 that's some serious horsepower ;) ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Definitely Vidor. They have a lot of youngsters but these youngsters have been playing together for years and have been wanting it for longer than that.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
how could you hear that last year when our team was stacked and talk about winning district was going around for vidor last year? we weren't young at all last year. we had a total of 15 starting seniors last year. this year we got two maybe three starting. i'm just saying our team is young but hungry.

I have to go with Nederland also as a dark horse or sleeper. My reasons are as follows:1 question about quarterback. 2 Sounds like there will be several soph starting as well as several juniors.3 They limped in last year to the playoffs only to lose. The big plus is Coach Neauman he seems to find away to put a team together that makes the playoff if they having 5-5 season.So with all the questions and the lack of talk about the Dogs by thier faithful, it seems noone has very high expectations except the players .

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="819897" timestamp="1279847341"]
Razor- Do you have a better reason for why Nederland is a dark horse?
[/quote]

I just think that no one is talking much about the Dogs and I feel they will end up being better than most suspect...there will be quite a bit of youth, particularly in the lines on both sides of the ball, but the kids they have are plenty capable and will simply have to adjust to the varsity game, which I fully suspect they will, [b]given time[/b]...skill position wise, Nederland has plenty coming back with multiple experienced receivers...everyone seems to be overly concerned about the QB position, but I am not...to me, there are 3 very viable options at that position, all of which I am comfortable with...Nederland will have a good QB, it just remains to be seen who that will be...I am confident that they can win with any of the 3 or even a combination of the 3 in some fashion...i look for the Dogs to perhaps start out a bit slow as they feel their way thru some new faces but continue to improve as the season goes on and peak come the end of the season as Neumann and company have become so adept at doing

[quote name="Razor" post="819966" timestamp="1279893475"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=70251.msg819897#msg819897 date=1279847341]
Razor- Do you have a better reason for why Nederland is a dark horse?
[/quote]

I just think that no one is talking much about the Dogs and I feel they will end up being better than most suspect...there will be quite a bit of youth, particularly in the lines on both sides of the ball, but the kids they have are plenty capable and will simply have to adjust to the varsity game, which I fully suspect they will, [b]given time[/b]...skill position wise, Nederland has plenty coming back with multiple experienced receivers...everyone seems to be overly concerned about the QB position, but I am not...to me, there are 3 very viable options at that position, all of which I am comfortable with...Nederland will have a good QB, it just remains to be seen who that will be...I am confident that they can win with any of the 3 or even a combination of the 3 in some fashion...i look for the Dogs to perhaps start out a bit slow as they feel their way thru some new faces but continue to improve as the season goes on and peak come the end of the season as Neumann and company have become so adept at doing
[/quote]Sounds good razor, you sound like a coach on the Nederland  staff ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124