WOS ATHLETICS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="td" post="812747" timestamp="1276620261"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=70190.msg812626#msg812626 date=1276572072]
Kind of off topic, but was wondering what the WOS enrollment is now and how close are they to 2A cutoff?
I know it seems unlikely now, but do you 'Stang fans think there is a chance down the road that LCM and WOS might consolidate?   What would it take for this to happen, (when pigs fly and heck freezes over don't count. :D)
[/quote]

At this point the State would have to make it happen.

The way I see it there are only two reasons for the State to come in and force a merger.

1) WOS academics and or financial situation doesn't get straightened out

2) LCM loses tax base (Inland Orange)

Other than those two, I just don't see it happening. Although I'm not for it, it would be the best thing financially.
[/quote]

Dude!  Bite your tongue with #2 on your list!!

Your reasoning is fairly accurate.  WOS has to improve their academic standards and get finances under control.  I don't think a merger would help financially though...LCM [u][b]HAS[/b][/u] to incur some big debt soon to provide some newer facilities.  There has to be another bond election looming in the near future for LCM.

[quote name="Slam14" post="812908" timestamp="1276631877"]
[quote author=td link=topic=70190.msg812747#msg812747 date=1276620261]
Kind of off topic, but was wondering what the WOS enrollment is now and how close are they to 2A cutoff?
I know it seems unlikely now, but do you 'Stang fans think there is a chance down the road that LCM and WOS might consolidate?   What would it take for this to happen, (when pigs fly and heck freezes over don't count. :D)
[/quote]

The way I see it there are only two reasons for the State to come in and force a merger.

Other than those two, I just don't see it happening. Although I'm not for it, it would be the best thing financially.
[/quote]

Dude!  Bite your tongue with #2 on your list!!

Your reasoning is fairly accurate.  WOS has to improve their academic standards and get finances under control.  I don't think a merger would help financially though...LCM [u][b]HAS[/b][/u] to incur some big debt soon to provide some newer facilities.   There has to be another bond election looming in the near future for LCM.
[/quote]

Sure it would help financially. WOS would not have to give away near as much money if any at that point. Maybe then we would have a budget that is feasable and would be followed. WOS as most schools and government entities have alot of fat in them. This is a generalization so for all of those reading for our school board, when you go back and report this to them make sure you tell the whole story.  ;D

BTW, where have you been Slam????????

Sure could use some help working on my baseball field now that you have all of that free time.

[quote name="Slam14" post="812908" timestamp="1276631877"]
I know it seems unlikely now, but do you 'Stang fans think there is a chance down the road that LCM and WOS might consolidate?   What would it take for this to happen, (when pigs fly and heck freezes over don't count. :D)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude!  Bite your tongue with #2 on your list!!

Your reasoning is fairly accurate.  WOS has to improve their academic standards and get finances under control.  I don't think a merger would help financially though...LCM [u][b]HAS[/b][/u] to incur some big debt soon to provide some newer facilities.   There has to be another bond election looming in the near future for LCM.
[/quote]

Let me know on that bond election. Maybe I can help you out. We were able to pass one over here pretty easily. Just couldn't get turf on the football field.

the city of orange is not finished with lettle cypress yet.if you live in LC just look around at the homes going up for sale. people that lived in orange and got fed up with there high taxes, moved and built in LC to get away from all that, now there building around orangefield

Yes it would.  Was just curious about what if would take for consolidation to happen.  Personally I like the way it is now with the 2 teams.  It would be something if enough people moved out of Little Cypress or didn't move in due to increased Orange city taxes and the two schools eventually wound up in the same district.

[quote name="utguy09" post="813051" timestamp="1276659779"]
It seems like everyone is taking the white flight to orange field.
[/quote]
Don't know if I would say that, Orangefield has not grown very much.  I do expect to see OF's enrollment to increase the next few years after the city sewer currently being installed is complete.  I think you will see more subdivisions and possibly apartments being built in the next few years.

[quote name="utguy09" post="813051" timestamp="1276659779"]
It seems like everyone is taking the white flight to orange field.
[/quote]

its the right and duty of EVERY parent to give their kids the best education and jump start on life the best way THEY see fit. i think that term is a cop out..

[quote name="td" post="812747" timestamp="1276620261"]
[/quote]

[size=12pt][b]1) WOS academics and or financial situation doesn't get straightened out[/b][/size]

[/quote]

What are the odds of that? Your thoughts?

[quote name="mat" post="813063" timestamp="1276689655"]
[/quote]

[size=12pt][b]1) WOS academics and or financial situation doesn't get straightened out[/b][/size]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will say this, I can see things getting better over there at WOS now that you guys have a Silsbee man running things, at least temporarily. ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="813072" timestamp="1276692647"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=70190.msg813063#msg813063 date=1276689655]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will say this, I can see things getting better over there at WOS now that you guys have a Silsbee man running things, at least temporarily. ;) ;D
[/quote]

That's funny. He and I got off to a rough start 2 years ago but after me going and sitting down in his office on 2 occassions we were able to line things out. Our issues didn't even have anything to do with my kids. He is a good man and and he did a great job at Oates for the 2 years he was there. I hope he continues to run things his way and not get ran over by the powers that (think they) be. Not sure he will be here long enough to straighten out our problems. Also, there are other positions that need change in order to straighten out WOS.

I wonder if I will get chosen to be on the committee to find a new Super??  ;D

[quote name="td" post="812947" timestamp="1276638083"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=70190.msg812908#msg812908 date=1276631877]
I know it seems unlikely now, but do you 'Stang fans think there is a chance down the road that LCM and WOS might consolidate?   What would it take for this to happen, (when pigs fly and heck freezes over don't count. :D)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your reasoning is fairly accurate.  WOS has to improve their academic standards and get finances under control.  I don't think a merger would help financially though...LCM [u][b]HAS[/b][/u] to incur some big debt soon to provide some newer facilities.   There has to be another bond election looming in the near future for LCM.
[/quote]

Sure it would help financially. WOS would not have to give away near as much money if any at that point. Maybe then we would have a budget that is feasable and would be followed. WOS as most schools and government entities have alot of fat in them. This is a generalization so for all of those reading for our school board, when you go back and report this to them make sure you tell the whole story.  ;D

Sure could use some help working on my baseball field now that you have all of that free time.
[/quote]

It's still about managing and budgeting.  Most would agree that more money would make it better, but I'm more inclined to think that if you can't manage XX amount of money you probably can't manage XXX amount either.  Kind of the Mike Tyson type thing.  

I'm still around.  Have some new job duties and only come up for air every once in a while.  

I'll call soon for some advice on the Bond Election.  As far as the help with the field...well...I could be enticed with a cold beverage.

[quote name="Slam14" post="813189" timestamp="1276721054"]
[quote author=td link=topic=70190.msg812947#msg812947 date=1276638083]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sure it would help financially. WOS would not have to give away near as much money if any at that point. Maybe then we would have a budget that is feasable and would be followed. WOS as most schools and government entities have alot of fat in them. This is a generalization so for all of those reading for our school board, when you go back and report this to them make sure you tell the whole story.  ;D

[/quote]

It's still about managing and budgeting.  Most would agree that more money would make it better, but I'm more inclined to think that if you can't manage XX amount of money you probably can't manage XXX amount either.  Kind of the Mike Tyson type thing.  

I'm still around.  Have some new job duties and only come up for air every once in a while.  

I'll call soon for some advice on the Bond Election.  As far as the help with the field...well...I could be enticed with a cold beverage.
[/quote]

Cold beverages are never a problem There are usually some blue cokes in the ice chest.

I agree with your statement of not being able to manage more money. However, the only way to get that money would be to merge and that would completely change the makeup of the group managing the money. Therefore, maybe managing the money wouldn't be such an issue. Just think, you and I on the same school board. Now that would be something.  ;D

Poor thing. Are you working too hard? I completely understand the working too hard part. It's too hot out there.

[quote name="td" post="813326" timestamp="1276787191"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=70190.msg813189#msg813189 date=1276721054]
[quote author=td link=topic=70190.msg812947#msg812947 date=1276638083]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cold beverages are never a problem There are usually some blue cokes in the ice chest.

I agree with your statement of not being able to manage more money. However, the only way to get that money would be to merge and that would completely change the makeup of the group managing the money. Therefore, maybe managing the money wouldn't be such an issue. Just think, you and I on the same school board. Now that would be something.  ;D

Poor thing. Are you working too hard? I completely understand the working too hard part. It's too hot out there.
[/quote]

I'll help for that.  I'm glad you are taking care of that place...me and NEWS were the only ones to ever do anything around there!  (I'm sure somehow that will bleed over into the softball forum.  LOL)

I don't really know who or why, but the make up is not working and something has to change.  You and I paired on a school board?  Interesting!  ;)  I'd have to bulk up my home owners insurance for when my house got burned down. 

Oh...thanks for being so compassionate.  (Are those "blue cokes" unlocked and unguarded at any time?)

[b]Question:[/b] If the state mandates a school merge with someone else, is it a still considered a "consolidation" or an "absorption"?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics