A&M football player transfers to LU after arrest

In most cases, I'm for giving people a second chance, and the kid probably deserves the opportunity to prove himself as a young adult and person.  But does Lamar need to go down this road in it's efforts to restart the football program?  I hope it works out for him.

Tough call.  A&M did the right thing.  It will take time to see if Lamr did the right thing.  I'm for 2nd chances but Woodard will have to make sure that Dorsey and all his players toe the line on behavior.  Of course if Switzer would have been the coach, then Dorsey would be the alter boy of the program.

[quote name="baddog" post="807990" timestamp="1275358602"]
The regretting afterward should not be rewarded. Heck, they all reget getting caught. The thought process beforehand is what keeps things like this from happening. He should have walked away no matter what she did.
[/quote]

I agree with your last sentence in the fullest

[quote name="mffl" post="807878" timestamp="1275316818"]
I think his addition almost guarantees that the DL will be our strongest group of players.
[/quote]Time will tell whether Lamar did was a good choice but judging by his choices out of high school, you're right about him helping the D-line.  http://dallasnews.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=55012&Sport=1

I'm for giving the young man a second chance but he would be walking a tight line and dismissed with one miss step. Otherwise, welcome to Lamar.

He is also the second cousin of Longhorn legend Earl Campbell.

http://insidetexas.com/football/recruiting/recruit-detail.php?recruit_id=210

[quote name="bigred360" post="808118" timestamp="1275413296"]
I'm for giving the young man a second chance but he would be walking a tight line and dismissed with one miss step. Otherwise, welcome to Lamar.

He is also the second cousin of Longhorn legend Earl Campbell.

http://insidetexas.com/football/recruiting/recruit-detail.php?recruit_id=210
[/quote]

The more I read about Adren, the more I'm convinced this is a big pickup.  Offers from OU, Okie light as well as TAMU says that he is a big time talnet. I agree that Dorsey must prove himself and keep his nose clean.  I agree that Woodard had to take a chance on him.  If we get Ben Wells also, then we have a the makings of real good defense in year 1.  Who knows, we may end up with Ashton too down the road.  Looks like some pretty good genes from old Floyd Sr. 

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="808341" timestamp="1275451958"]
Yes I do believe in second chances as long as the ground rules are laid ahead of time.  There is a big time Major League Pitcher that was given a second chance after doing something stupid.  That second chance has changed his life.

[/quote]

Sure did. Was a class act before and after that mistake. One wrong decision on a certain day changed it all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124